View Full Version : elliott smith's final album to be released within months

Boycott Graceland
04-27-2004, 02:48 AM
http://www.sweetadeline.net/

"we have received many questions about the sale of elliott's studio and the release of his new cd. i want to give you as much of an update as i can.

we are beginning the final mixing and production phase in mid-may and are planning for a september or october release. we will know the name of the label by the end of the month and i'll let you know just as soon as the final decision is made.

gary smith [elliott's dad]"

Blue*Carbonite
04-27-2004, 03:14 AM
yay
thank you.

dean moriaty
04-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Blue*Carbonite
yay
thank you.

ravenguy2000
04-27-2004, 05:28 AM
Hey guys.

Elliot Smith is dead.

strange_one
04-27-2004, 07:59 AM
<font color=33FFFF> I doubt it'll be released that fast, but good news anyhow</font>

C33
04-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
http://www.sweetadeline.net/

"we have received many questions about the sale of elliott's studio and the release of his new cd. i want to give you as much of an update as i can.

we are beginning the final mixing and production phase in mid-may and are planning for a september or october release. we will know the name of the label by the end of the month and i'll let you know just as soon as the final decision is made.

gary smith [elliott's dad]"
i am happy

Isle
04-27-2004, 10:13 AM
*memories of buying jeff buckley's mostly-krap post-death album*

ChristHimself!
04-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Blue*Carbonite
yay
thank you.

do you remember me? :-/

ChristHimself!
04-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Isle
*jeff buckley's mostly-krap post-death album*

:rolleyes:

Boycott Graceland
04-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Isle
*memories of buying jeff buckley's mostly-krap post-death album*
buckley's "final album" was a bunch of four track demos.

elliott's album is finished studio tracks that only need to be mastered. he had been working on it since 2001.

Isle
04-27-2004, 03:51 PM

elliott's album is finished studio tracks that only need to be mastered. he had been working on it since 2001.

i know, the first disk though was finished studio stuff. actually it was pretty good...

strange_one
04-27-2004, 10:48 PM

<font color=33FFFF> I can't wait to hear a studio version of A Passing Feeling</font>

Nimrod's Son
04-27-2004, 10:53 PM
He should have recorded the sounds he made as he stabbed himself in the chest. That would be a cool final track.

C33
04-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
He should have recorded the sounds he made as he stabbed himself in the chest. That would be a cool final track.
:HOMO:

Boycott Graceland
04-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
stay out of this thread, you cold person.

McCollum
08-03-2004, 05:03 PM
pitchfork reviewed one of the album tracks a few days ago. does anyone have it yet?

Rider
08-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by McCollum
pitchfork reviewed one of the album tracks a few days ago. does anyone have it yet?

Why not make a new thread instead of bumping one that is 4 months old.

C33
08-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by McCollum
that's the album version of a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free, taken from a soundtrack. i don't think anyone has it yet.

Boycott Graceland
08-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Crestfallen33

that's the album version of a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free, taken from a soundtrack. i don't think anyone has it yet.
not soundtrack, a compilation. it'll probably leaked within a few days. same with the album.

C33
08-04-2004, 04:14 PM

not soundtrack, a compilation. it'll probably leaked within a few days. same with the album.
this guy in the sweetaddy room on soulseek got the compilation in the mail today, but 'feels bad about ripping it'.

the tracks from the album are slowly surfacing, i've got 6 of them now. just go to the sweetaddy room and ask for them.

strange_one
08-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Crestfallen33

this guy in the sweetaddy room on soulseek got the compilation in the mail today, but 'feels bad about ripping it'.

the tracks from the album are slowly surfacing, i've got 6 of them now. just go to the sweetaddy room and ask for them.
<font color=33FFFF> yeah they're out, starting to spread on slsk too</font>

C33
08-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by strange_one

<font color=33FFFF> yeah they're out, starting to spread on slsk too</font>
dude, that's what i'm talking about :p

strange_one
08-05-2004, 12:28 AM
<font color=33FFFF> fuck sake, I thought I just dled the whole thing from someone and it was just a bootleg mix of tracks.

did you get yours from a link or emailed to you?</font>

lawson
08-05-2004, 12:03 PM
we will know the name of the label by the end of the month and i'll let you know just as soon as the final decision is made.

so i guess "Music to Kill Yourself Too" is out. cause you know it'll happen anyway. pathetic 30something copycat suicides that won't even make the daily news.

McCollum
08-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by lawson

so i guess "Music to Kill Yourself Too" is out. cause you know it'll happen anyway. pathetic 30something copycat suicides that won't even make the daily news.

no they won't, they will be too happy to kill themselves now that they have new elliot smith to listen to.

C33
08-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by strange_one
<font color=33FFFF> fuck sake, I thought I just dled the whole thing from someone and it was just a bootleg mix of tracks.

did you get yours from a link or emailed to you?</font>
i've shared what i've got, i'm g0ku77.
more to come.