View Full Version : Ipod vs.Ipod mini

goober12579
04-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Hello,

Aside from size and price is there a big diference between the two? Is one better then the other?I know the ipod Minis are hard to find....I've seen some on ebay for up to 400-500 dollars. Thanks for any opinions you all may have. Scott

Lizard Queen
04-26-2004, 10:33 AM
iPod minis are a rip-off. Spend the extra $50 (if it's even that much more) and get the 11 extra gigs.

sppunk
04-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Considering Steve Jobs admitted the iPod mini had a terrible hissing sound, I'd advise against that one.

And, instead of an iPod, get the ihp-120 iRiver. Cheaper, the battery life is twice as long and the system folder reads are faster.

Varien
04-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sppunk
Considering Steve Jobs admitted the iPod mini had a terrible hissing sound, I'd advise against that one.

And, instead of an iPod, get the ihp-120 iRiver. Cheaper, the battery life is twice as long and the system folder reads are faster.

If i buy you that awesome hat, will you buy me that ihp-120 iRiver?:cool:

sppunk
04-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Varien

If i buy you that awesome hat, will you buy me that ihp-120 iRiver?:cool:

Hahaha!

Thad
04-26-2004, 10:54 AM
My mini doesn't have a hissing sound, so I dunno. I like the physical size of the mini, that's why I got it. If you want to carry every MP3 in your collection, don't get the mini, you won't be happy.

Varien
04-26-2004, 10:54 AM

Hahaha!

hey what can i say, it was worth a shot haha.

You gotta admit it's a pretty nice fucking hat though, just think how you could combine politics and baseball, fused in the wonders of that quality headgear.

You have seen it right?

sppunk
04-26-2004, 10:55 AM

You have seen it right?

Yeah, I saw that thread.

Varien
04-26-2004, 10:57 AM

Yeah, I saw that thread.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

sppunk
04-26-2004, 10:58 AM

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

The hat looks too much like a novelty item.

Varien
04-26-2004, 11:01 AM

The hat looks too much like a novelty item.

But it's even FlexFit! :(
I promise you won't look like a communist trucker while wearing it.

The worst that might happen is people mistaking you for a redwings fan or something.

Speed
04-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by goober12579
Aside from size and price is there a big diference between the two? Is one better then the other?

those are the two big differences, there are a couple smaller ones (mini doesn't display album of the song playing, different layout for controls, etc). If 4 gigs is enough for you I'd definitely go for the mini since it's cheaper and almost half as small.

Don't let the hissing sound comment worry you since it's only happened to a laughably small number of people, not to mention both ipods have a 1 year warranty.

Dead
04-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I read about a sound issue with the mini but its very rare.

Whichever you get, if you're on PC it's worth it to get a firewire card if you don't have onboard firewire.

I'll save everyone the time:
"Are you on commission?"