View Full Version : what the fuck? from the new issue of spin.


2Marlon2Brando
04-24-2004, 09:11 PM
the new issue of spin is called <b>THE ULTIMATE LIST ISSUE</b> and has 90 lists regarding music. this particular tidbit threw me off.

<i><b>GREAT PUNK ROCKERS WHO HAPPEN TO BE BLACK</b>

06. Pat Smear (the Germs, Nirvana, Foo Fighters)</i>


what the fuck? did i miss something?

Netphorian Gadabout
04-24-2004, 09:18 PM
He was like the unofficial second guitarist live for Nirvana during the later years. He's on the MTV unplugged thing, you can see him. Also, he was in Foo Fighters, like 96 and 97. Wasn't real long - like a year.

2Marlon2Brando
04-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836
He was like the unofficial second guitarist live for Nirvana during the later years. He's on the MTV unplugged thing, you can see him. Also, he was in Foo Fighters, like 96 and 97. Wasn't real long - like a year.

haha. no. i know who pat smear is. i know what he looks like. he does not look black.

beef curtains
04-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando


haha. no. i know who pat smear is. i know what he looks like. he does not look black.

BUT HE WAS IN THE FOO FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

machinaddict
04-24-2004, 11:56 PM
someone post a picture.

vanilla
04-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by machinaddict
someone post a picture.
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/nirvana/misc_pix/front_pix/pat001.jpg
http://www.coderedonearth.com/aa3.jpg
http://www.hagstrom.org.uk/images/PatSmear/BamCover.jpg

2Marlon2Brando
04-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by vanilla



yeah, he looks black in that last picture.

it is very possible that i am severly retarded.

disslunker
04-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando


yeah, he looks black in that last picture.

it is very possible that i am severly retarded.



you are not retarded, i would have never EVER considered pat smear black...


although in that last picture he looks...kinda...black.


but seriously what the fuck since when has he even been kinda black!?!?

i always remember a slightly gay white guy!

disslunker
04-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Family Ties: His father was a German Immigrant (Inventor, Photographer) and his mother was an African-American/Cherokee (Foreign language teacher, Opera Singer). Though not really family, he apparently has a girlfriend, Jena, of nearly 20 years.



:erm

2Marlon2Brando
04-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by disslunker
Though not really family, he apparently has a girlfriend, Jena, of nearly 20 years.
:erm

i thought he was gay. and white.

MY WORLD IS SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL! FUCK YOU SPIN MAGAZINE!

disslunker
04-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando


i thought he was gay. and white.

MY WORLD IS SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL! FUCK YOU SPIN MAGAZINE!


ME TOO.
WE WILL BOTH SPIN TOGETHER INTO OBLIVION

Fall Down Blue
04-25-2004, 07:02 AM
wow, what a horrible combination. i mean, how bad does it get... a gay black german dude.

Travis Meekz
04-25-2004, 07:42 AM
I like that

happens to be black

how did that happen exactly?

I wonder when he realized he is a punk rocker who happened to be black

I wonder if he enjoys that accidental happening

if you are
04-26-2004, 10:05 AM
i always thought he was white too, but now it's apparent that he's (at least partially) black, and just dies his hair blonde and has light-looking skin in some pics

man, that blue SG-style he's got up there kicks ass.. i like his taste in guitars

Isle
04-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by if you are
i always thought he was white too, but now it's apparent that he's (at least partially) black, and just dies his hair blonde and has light-looking skin in some pics

man, that blue SG-style he's got up there kicks ass.. i like his taste in guitars

his red white and blue "nirvana unplugged" acoustic was pretty rad too

Nothing/everything
04-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Who's number 1? Mick Collins? Nah, probably lenny fucking kravitz

disslunker
04-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Ttravis Mmeekz
I like that

happens to be black

how did that happen exactly?

I wonder when he realized he is a punk rocker who happened to be black

I wonder if he enjoys that accidental happening


i laughed really hard at this.
you are funny.