View Full Version : Rank these "new" bands

pink_ribbon_scars
04-23-2004, 10:48 AM
There have been a lot of young bands that have gotten positive reviews from fans and critics, and have either had their dicks sucked or have been totally shat upon here at Netphoria. How do you rank these bands at the current moment?

The White Stripes
The Strokes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Distillers
Thursday
The Darkness
The Mars Volta

I've chosen these bands because I'm most interested in hearing how you feel about these bands in particular, not other ones. Whether you like them or hate them, please just rank them. Feel free to add commentary, but please try to rank them 1,2,3, etc, and separate out the bands that you haven't listened to enough to make a fair decision.

pink_ribbon_scars
04-23-2004, 10:51 AM
1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
2. The Strokes
3. The White Stripes

Have not listened to:
The Distillers
Thurdsday
The Darkness
The Mars Volta

I liked the White Stripes the most in recording for a long time, and would probably still like them the most, if I had not seen them in concert. I'm seeing The Strokes tonight, and I have not yet seen the Yeahs live.

patrick
04-23-2004, 10:54 AM
you can't be serious about this

noyen
04-23-2004, 10:55 AM
1. yyy
2. the darkness
3. white stripes
4. the strokes
5. the distillers
6. thursday
7. the mars volta

Smashing87
04-23-2004, 10:55 AM
1. The Distillers
2. The White Stripes
3. The Strokes
4. The Darkness
5. Thurdsday
6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Have not listened to:
The Mars Volta

guz
04-23-2004, 10:56 AM
The Mars Volta
The White Stripes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Strokes
The Darkness
The Distillers
Thurdsday

patrick
04-23-2004, 11:00 AM
well whatever

anyhow, the strokes are easily the best band on this list

and before someone else ends up mentioning it, franz ferdinand are really good too

guz
04-23-2004, 11:01 AM
the strokes are easily the most average band on the list.

Isle
04-23-2004, 11:05 AM
this is harder than i thought. eh, based on what i've heard:

the darkness
yeah yeah yeahs
strokes
white stripes
distillers
thursday

ps: why have so many of you spelt thursday "thurdsday"?

smashingjj
04-23-2004, 11:07 AM
<b>1. The Mars Volta</b>

The board seems to hate this band all at once, but I think they're great. I was addicted to their album for months, I don't play them as much now. By the way, I never hear Calum about them anymore, I wonder what he thinks

<b>2. The Strokes</b>

first album is great, second is mediocre

<b>3. The White Stripes</b>

Don't know very much about them, De Stijl sounded great though.

<b>4. The Distillers</b>

sucks, but I don't really like the genre

<b>5. The Darkness</b>

even worse, though they have a 'teh funneh' factor

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Thursday - haven't heard them much

pink_ribbon_scars
04-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Isle

ps: why have so many of you spelt thursday "thurdsday"?

Because I fucked it up initially. Fixed.

Debaser
04-23-2004, 12:20 PM
The Strokes - good

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - good

The White Stripes - meh

The Mars Volta - overrated as all hell

The Darkness - gimmick

haven't really heard the others enough to rate them

christian zombie vampires
04-23-2004, 12:23 PM
The White Stripes - already classic
The Strokes - ok
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - meh
The Distillers - meh
Thursday - meh
The Darkness - fuck yes
The Mars Volta - not bad

french_rap_sucks
04-23-2004, 12:29 PM
1) The White Stripes - enjoy every album, could care less about the whiney hype or the even more annoying backlash.
2) Yeah Yeah Yeahs - At times become boring, but are definitely less than the rest.
3) The Darkness - These guys can really get on your nerves after a while.
4) The Strokes - fuckin' snooze-fest

I_was_aborted
04-23-2004, 12:29 PM
The White Stripes - Shitty rehashed blues with that idie rock twist I hate so much
The Strokes - Boring unoriginal songs which seem to only consist of straight 8th and 16th notes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - meh its like drunken cat power rock
The Distillers - never heard, never care to
Thursday - see above
The Darkness - horrid, someone kill them all please
The Mars Volta - Too annoying. Its like Rush meets indie rock with an even more annoying voice than I could have imagined.

I don't like much these days.

I_was_aborted
04-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Also I've realized after reading the music board for a while most people will buy whatever is being fed to them and like at least 30% of it even if its all shit.

french_rap_sucks
04-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Also I've realized after reading the music board for a while most people will buy whatever is being fed to them and like at least 30% of it even if its all shit.

Thank god we still have the origina' brothers out there keepin' it real, like yourself. It's amazing that you managed to escape the capitalist hype. You must be very special.

Netphorian Gadabout
04-23-2004, 12:43 PM
The Strokes
Thursday
The White Stripes
The Darkness
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Distillers
The Mars Volta

I_was_aborted
04-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by french_rap_sucks

Thank god we still have the origina' brothers out there keepin' it real, like yourself. It's amazing that you managed to escape the capitalist hype. You must be very special.

Its not capitalist hype. I simply don't like 90% or so of the music which is available to me. I think some people settle for it because they still want to hear new stuff, stuff getting made right now so they buy, listen and like it anyway, even if its bad music. There is always a current music scene but that doesn't mean its a good one. There are several past examples of that.

french_rap_sucks
04-23-2004, 12:58 PM

Its not capitalist hype. I simply don't like 90% or so of the music which is available to me. I think some people settle for it because they still want to hear new stuff, stuff getting made right now so they buy, listen and like it anyway, even if its bad music. There is always a current music scene but that doesn't mean its a good one. There are several past examples of that.

Well, didn't you want someone to tell you how special you are? Why else would you say something like that? What are you trying to proove exactly? Is this some sort of crusade all of you guys are one? I just don't think it's really that important and that you're over-estimating. Basically, it's all in your head.

I_was_aborted
04-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by french_rap_sucks

Well, didn't you want someone to tell you how special you are? Why else would you say something like that?

Well I figured this was a messageboard where you state your opinion on music. I was stating my opinion. Ask pink_ribbon_scars, I'm just a frustrating music snob who is very picky about what he listens to. I'm also vocal about my opinions, don't cry just because I dislike the music you enjoy.

ProgressChrome
04-23-2004, 01:43 PM
The White Stripes
-suck
The Strokes
-suck more
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
-they are ok
The Distillers
-haven't heard them, weak band name though
Thursday
-apparently they are one of these "emo" bands, which makes me think they suck even though i haven't heard them
The Darkness
-whats up with this name?
The Mars Volta
-some cool songs on their album

raygun
04-23-2004, 02:33 PM
1. The White Stripes - Elephant was a dissapointment, but their first three albums, especially De Stijl and White Blood Cells, were all fantastic.
2. The Strokes - Again, mediocre post-breakthrough album, but still one of the best mainstream acts around.
3. Mars Volta - They're not amazing, and they're certainly not better than ATDI, but I still think Deloused is an excellent album. I hope they can sustain it for another.
4. The Darkness - Only heard that first single, but it's pure guilty pleasure.
5. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Only heard Maps
6. Thursday - These guys blow, but "Autobiography of a Nation" is a great song.
7. The Distillers - I bought their first album a few years ago and gave it away within a week. I know they're moving away from punk rock with their recent albums, but I still can't imagine it being any good.

rkjr
04-23-2004, 02:57 PM
1. The Strokes - I really like the Strokes.
2. White Stripes - eh, they're okay. Wouldn't buy an album from them but I like some of their songs.
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - pretty good but nothing special except Maps.
4. The Darkness - not crazy about these guys, but I certainly don't hate them like pretty much everyone else.
5. The Mars Volta - Heard one song from them and it was enough for me. Not horrible but certainly annoying.
6. The Distillers - eh, another typical 'punk' band, this time sung by Courtney Love. I don't like this, but they're not horrible I guess.
7. Thursday - Hello whiny shitty screamo.

Haven't heard a lot from: Mars Volta, Distillers, and Thursday.

Sapphire
04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
The Mars Volta fucking suck.

Had this whiney bitch tell me how great they supposedly were on AIM. Wouldn't shut up until I downloaded a couple of their songs. So I did.

First thing that hits me, "This guy shouldn't be singing. Not here, not for any band, or any album." Next thing that hit me was that, "Hey! It's the same eight seconds repeating themselves for the last four minutes of this song!" But then I realized, "These lyrics are shitty."

It's a toss up really. But I did learn something invaluable. My friend is a fucking moron.

As for the other bands, I haven't heard them yet.

zero168
04-23-2004, 03:36 PM
you are all wrong the correct answer was:

1. The Mars Volta
2. The Strokes
3. The White Stripes
4. The Darkness
5. Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Distillers and Thursday are tied for shitiness.

Isle
04-23-2004, 03:59 PM
i feel i must post my opinions too.

the darkness are a fun, funny band. sure they're a gimmick but they're all good musicians, a great pop band and made bands "having fun" mainstream again. i haven't been overexposed to them, but i can imagine them really getting on one's nerves after a while.

the white stripes are pretty cool i think, most of their songs get boring and need more diversity but the band have a cartoonish quality and good artistic vision, so they make a nice overall package. and i want jack's Airline guitar:o

the strokes have some killer tunes, i love reptilia especially. i think they're a bit too aloof to connect with as a band though, you know, thinking they're 2 cool, and most of their songs sound similar. they ain't the new rolling stones.

the yeah yeah yeahs also have that cartoonish appeal, i've only heard 2 songs but they're quite good and i feel kinda drawn to them so maybe i'll check out their album.

the distillers are not my thing...they're basically hole/nirvana in one with a singer who thinks she's kurt and courtney in one. i don't think she's at all attractive as everyone makes her out to be either. she's relying purely on "cool" factor to get by. she'll be working in macdonalds by 2008.

thursday are just bleh. i hate emo, but most of all screamy emo vocals. i thought hundred reasons were bad, but then i found thursday. plus the music is kinda boring and i really don't give a fuck about political bands, they bore the shit out of me. if they want to start a revolution they should find a better medium than music, where noone really understands what you mean if you're screaming like a kitten choking on play dough.

the mars volta are a tough one, the only song i know well by them is televators and that's pretty good. they're quite innovative, and the doods-with-big-hair scene is really working for them. deloused has a shit album cover though. a real poo poo platter.

*end review*

Debaser
04-23-2004, 04:12 PM
I just want to express this rare opinion: Elephant is the only good album White Stripes ever made. All the rest are amatuerish boring ass crap. that is all.

Irrelevant
04-23-2004, 04:32 PM
The Strokes - made two really good albums, the most consistent
The White Stripes - first two albums and a couple singles were great, have went down hill majorly
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - have their really great moments, but all over the place, really inconsistent
The Darkness - suck, but at least their video was funny and their single was tolerable for novelty factor
The Mars Volta - suck
The Distillers - suck
Thursday - suck

Irrelevant
04-23-2004, 04:37 PM

thank god we have you here to represent for Tool.

:rofl:

In-Valid
04-23-2004, 04:47 PM
The Mars Volta - Great instrumental + vocal delivery. Non-sensical lyrics. I'm told you can only truly appreciate them when seeing them live but their already the best of this bunch.

The Strokes - catchy, accessible. Nothing remarkable that makes me want to keep listening. Decent driving music I guess.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - mostly boring but the CD ends really strong starting with the fabulous Maps.

The Darkness - I appreciate what they bring but not enough to support them financially.

The White Stripes - Excellent videos. I get what they are trying to do but it's just boring to me.

The Distillers - is this the band with the Courtney Love vocal imitator with black hair ?!? nah.

Thursday - who ?

where's the Interpol option !

Nimrod
04-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Also I've realized after reading the music board for a while most people will buy whatever is being fed to them and like at least 30% of it even if its all shit. Yes, but they think it is "new and different and indie" because it is being marketed as new and indie and different.

Nimrod
04-23-2004, 04:50 PM
The White Stripes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Mars Volta
The Strokes
The Darkness

I don't know enough to judge:
The Distillers
Thursday

ReadMusic
04-23-2004, 05:32 PM
I listen to a lot:
1. The Strokes.
2. The Mars Volta.
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Barely listen to:
4. Thursday.
5. The White Stripes.

Don't like:
6. The Darkness
7. The Distillers.

noyen
04-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by noyen
1. yyy - because karen o. is a neat frontwoman and i met them and bullshitted and the drummer brian is a really nice guy and we share the same name. i think they're far better live than any of their albums though.
2. the darkness - yes, we all know what they are. if you can get over attempting to take them seriously, i find them entertaining and stuff.
3. white stripes - i can't hate them. but the really do suck live. and dump meg and get a drum machine.
4. the strokes - annoying. i hate stylized bands like this. dressing up like they're on an episode of taxi. give me a break.
5. the distillers - absolutely terrible music. but i find the lead singer chick incredibly attractive and i want to lick her armpits and fuck her ass.
6. thursday - eh, too emo.
7. the mars volta - ehhh, just not my cup of tea.

machinaddict
04-23-2004, 05:49 PM
The White Stripes
The Mars Volta
The Strokes
The Darkness
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Thursday
The Distillers

french_rap_sucks
04-23-2004, 11:04 PM

Well I figured this was a messageboard where you state your opinion on music. I was stating my opinion. Ask pink_ribbon_scars, I'm just a frustrating music snob who is very picky about what he listens to. I'm also vocal about my opinions, don't cry just because I dislike the music you enjoy.

wah.
it's just that your opinions are not about the music, but the people who listen to it. you're assuming a lot about the reasons people listen to certain music; the way you say it makes it seem as if you feel that you are above everything and the reasons you listen and like certain music is more pure than others. i never said you couldn't express your opinion, i was just questioning your reasons.

mpp
04-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by pink_ribbon_scars

2 The White Stripes
1 The Strokes

but i hate them both with a passion

mewl
04-24-2004, 02:49 AM
1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - They're fun as hell. The music reaches many extremes, something I enjoy.
2. The White Stripes - Remind me of happy days. Music is varied. A lot of good songs.
3. The Strokes - Are last on this list because they seem cliche to me. Some of their songs are cool, but most of them sound like I've heard them before. This doesn't mean that they're bad, though.

The Distillers, Thursday: Never heard 'em.

The Darkness, The Mars Volta: Fuck OFF!

Example
04-24-2004, 02:56 AM
The Strokes
The Mars Volta
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The White Stripes
The Darkness
The Distillers
Thursday

strange_one
04-24-2004, 03:07 AM
<font color=33FFFF>The White Stripes - 8/10
The Strokes - 4/10
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 5/10
The Distillers - 4/10
Thursday - 3/10
The Darkness - 1/10
The Mars Volta - 0.001/10

</font>

KAT
04-24-2004, 03:35 AM
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The White Stripes
The Strokes
----------------------------------
I've never heard them
The Distillers
Thursday
The Darkness
The Mars Volta

mirrar
04-24-2004, 06:26 AM
the yeah yeah yeahs-i fucking love karen o, great great great band.
The Darkness-so much fun.
The Mars Volta-havent listened to this album in a while, but great stuff
The Strokes-i like is this it a whole lot, never got the new one but i loooove reptitlia.
The White Stripes-some of their stuff is good.
Thursday-eh i like maybe 2 songs.
The Distillers-annoying, now. but the girl is hawt.

Mr. Rhinoceros
04-24-2004, 06:38 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">First of all, I have to say that I wouldn't buy an album by any of these bands.

1. The Darness - people who hate them hate fun.
2. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - pretentious art school stuff that I actually enjoy (remember I like Radiohead and the Talking Heads). I like how Maps is a "buzzworthy" song when it's been out for a good six months, MTV is so insulting. And it's not even really that good. Pin, however, A+.
3. The Strokes - Never much into them, still more enjoyable than everything else.
4. The White Stripes - when Seven Nation Army came out I downloaded like 20 of their songs. Seven Nation Army is the only one to last. Overhyped.
5. The Mars Volta - I saw a video of theirs. It sounded like "I wanna be like Radididiohead!" So, um, no.
6. Thursday - absolutely awful.

All this shit just goes to show you that rappinin is what's happenin. Can't wait for the new Roots album to drop.</font>

pumpkingrrrl
04-24-2004, 01:58 PM
1 yeah yeah yeahs (one of my favorite bands right now)
2 the white stripes (good band, but i really don't listen to them)
3 thursday (alright)
4 the darkness (alright)
5 the strokes (eh)
6 the distillers (yuck)

have not heard the mars volta.

Turtle
04-26-2004, 04:05 AM
1. The Darkness - they're fun
2. The White Stripes - don't really listen to them but what I have heard is pretty good

And the others i'm not going to rank. A, because I don't care for them, B, they're annoying or C I haven't heard of them.

silent1
04-26-2004, 09:28 AM
they're all horrible emo crap.

Orchestra
04-26-2004, 10:57 AM
1: The Mars Volta
2: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3: The White Stripes
4: Hole ER I MEAN The Distillers
5: The Darkness
6: The Strokes

Havent listened to the other.

Orchestra
04-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by silent1
they're all horrible emo crap.
I sincerly hope that my absence from netphria has cause me to miss you being to form a sence of humor. Otherwise I hate for your taste has just gotten that much stronger.

pink_ribbon_scars
04-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Just an update for those who care, I saw The Strokes on Friday night and they put on a good show if you like their music. I don't think anyone who hated them could go to a show and be coverted, but it was really enjoyable to me as a fan. It's funny, I had seen them before and forgotten all about it so I guess I agree with those who call them marginal. I still find it enjoyable, so whatever.

silent1
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Orchestra

I sincerly hope that my absence from netphria has cause me to miss you being to form a sence of humor. Otherwise I hate for your taste has just gotten that much stronger.

lol. we are arch enemies.

TheEdgeboy
04-26-2004, 02:49 PM
if these bands are the leading edge of Rock, then Rock sucks right now. But, as for their music, I like some stuff from each of bands with The Darkness and The Mars Volta actually inspiring on some level.

I_was_aborted
04-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by TheEdgeboy
if these bands are the leading edge of Rock, then Rock sucks right now. But, as for their music, I like some stuff from each of bands with The Darkness and The Mars Volta actually inspiring on some level.

The fact that you say The Darkness could be inspiring is enough to make your opinion on music null and void.

TheEdgeboy
04-26-2004, 04:55 PM
I find The Darkness inspiring in that, as a musician, I see a band of guys who stuck to a gameplan despite what anyone would say...that's inspiring on some level to me. They have a couple songs that rock, but, like Rush and even the Pumpkins, if someone got sick of their music because of the vocals, I could understand.

Anthrax has made the best Rock album of the last 5 years, but I don't recall anyone mentioning it ever on this board save Mood ring...

do I think that makes the opinion the Netphorian music board null and void? of course not.

guz
04-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">
5. The Mars Volta - I saw a video of theirs. It sounded like "I wanna be like Radididiohead!" So, um, no.</font> wtf? :think: in that case, who does -not- sound like Radiohead to you?

I_was_aborted
04-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by TheEdgeboy

Anthrax has made the best Rock album of the last 5 years, but I don't recall anyone mentioning it ever on this board save Mood ring...

do I think that makes the opinion the Netphorian music board null and void? of course not.

Ahahah Anthrax best rock album of the last 5 years? Now I know you are just silly. And yes, the opinion of the netphoria music board is also null and void. ;)

TheEdgeboy
04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
heh...Anthrax definately owns each of the bands mentioned in this thread.

I saw the Yeah's in concert and was highly entertained by them (more specifically, her).

The Strokes and White Stripes...not bad. Not earthshattering either.

Distillers: all I know is that chick used to go out with Josh Homme.

Thursday: who?

crescentfresh
04-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Franz Ferdinand. FRANZ FERDINAND.

Add Franz Ferdinand.

crescentfresh
04-26-2004, 09:49 PM
The Yeah Yeah Yeah's are kind of annoying.

I like The Strokes' latest album.

Distillers suck big horse cock.

Thursday sucks and even bigger, spewing horse cock.

I'm over The White Stripes.

The Darkness is too much fun.

Blue*Carbonite
04-27-2004, 04:30 AM
The Mars Volta -- i haven't heard them yet, but i adore At The Drive In so am curious. i hope they don't suck

The Strokes--i don't really like them

The White Stripes--i only really like Elephant

The Darkness--i finally heard the whole cd the other day, and saw their videos...i dunno. the christmas video was pretty fucking funny

Yeah Yeah Yeahs--only heard Maps, icky

Thursday--i love Full Collapse so i'm dying to hear their newest cd. grrr.

someone should fucking kill the distillers

Turtle
04-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Anthrax are awesome.

smashingjj
04-27-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by guz
wtf? :think: in that case, who does -not- sound like Radiohead to you? dire straits

TheEdgeboy
04-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Turtle,

you Rock!!!

sincerely,

x

Rockin' Cherub
04-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Turtle
Anthrax are awesome.
fuckfuckfuck every time i see your avatar i think you're pumpkingrrrl... you should fix that, get a new one, pleeeeeeaaaase... ;)

Ensoul
04-27-2004, 06:37 PM
The White Stripes - good at first listen. I got tired of them after two months.

The Strokes - I like their sound, and the beat of the songs.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - n/a

The Distillers - n/a

Thursday - I can't stand them...

The Darkness - I like 'em... Permission To Land was groovy even if they are a joke.

The Mars Volta - Not horrible, but severly overrated.

Quiet CD
04-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by guz
The Mars Volta
The White Stripes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Strokes
The Darkness
The Distillers
Thurdsday

ditto... the mars volta kick quite a bit of ass and are pretty fucking impressive in concert.

audiopumpkin10
04-29-2004, 07:05 PM
what about Interpol, the best "new" band?

Rockin' Cherub
04-30-2004, 10:14 AM
1: The Mars Volta
2: The White Stripes
3: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4: The Strokes
5: The Darkness
6: The Distillers

I_was_aborted
04-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by audiopumpkin10
what about Interpol, the best "new" band?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ahahahahahaha. Ahahah. Ahah. Haha. aha. Hah.

Oh wait, were you being serious? I'd rather listen to the Yeah yeah yeah's than interpol.

ZackZ
04-30-2004, 11:12 AM
A steaming pile of shit
The White Stripes
The Strokes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Distillers
Thursday
The Darkness
The Mars Volta

patrick
04-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
A steaming pile of shit
The White Stripes
The Strokes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Distillers
Thursday
The Darkness
The Mars Volta i'd just like to point out that this man obviously knows a thing or two about comedy

cap'n jazz
04-30-2004, 01:39 PM
joe "satch" satriani
hawkwind
slade
thom yorke solo

Pudge
04-30-2004, 01:46 PM
The Mars Volta
Thursday- only full collapse and before
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The White Stripes
The Strokes

The Darkness- worst band ever, anyone who claims that its just fun, stop listening to music cause you know shit.
The Distillers- copycats suck

Isle
04-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by cap'n jazz
joe "satch" satriani
hawkwind
slade

REEL music yo! i like you.

patrick
04-30-2004, 02:08 PM
joe "satch" satriani
hawkwind
slade
thom yorke solo 5/5

ZackZ
04-30-2004, 02:30 PM

hawkwind
slade

You're too Brittish.

patrick
04-30-2004, 02:53 PM
typical thom yorke "solo" fixed

cap'n jazz
05-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ

You're too Brittish.

no more "brittish" than a typical thom yorke "solo"

Turtle
05-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub

fuckfuckfuck every time i see your avatar i think you're pumpkingrrrl... you should fix that, get a new one, pleeeeeeaaaase... ;)

sorry i noticed that too, shall fix it right now :)

Rockin' Cherub
05-02-2004, 05:47 AM
thank you. :)

Coonstar
05-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Ranking of "Goodness"

1. The Mars Volta
2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3. The Darkness
4. The Strokes

Ranking in Terms of Me Liking Them:

1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs