View Full Version : Dusk at cubist castle and Explanation II

Nothing/everything
04-23-2004, 08:55 AM
According to allmusic, explanation II serves as the 3rd and 4th "channel" for the stunning Dusk at cubist castle, creating a quadrophenic effect. Did someone actually try this? Does it really work?

Cactuar
04-23-2004, 11:34 AM
We tried this at a Zaireeka party I had. It just made the album more insane, and most of in unlistanable (I had to turn down the explanation cd)

So I dunno, maybe I was doing it wrong.

fallontears
04-23-2004, 02:01 PM
From what I understand it does not produce a quadrophonic experience. I have heard that the two cd's don't even have matching running times.

Dusk.. is going to be reissued with a second disc later this year. This is going to be different from the reissue that was just released. I would half-expect the second disc to have Explination II on it.

Nothing/everything
04-24-2004, 01:39 PM
that would be rather silly then. I mean, why not rerelease explanation II seperately? If it is not intended to play along with dusk, then why bother? Just release it as a separate album i'd say.

fallontears
04-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Who the fuck knows really? It doesn't make sense does it? The first 3000 or so copies of Cubist.... were packaged with Explanation II. Therefore it would be fair to assume that the 2 disc reissue that is coming out in the fall may be accompanied by Ex. II. I would like to try it myself to see if it actually does, but I've read in a few places that it doesn't work.

Nothing/everything
04-24-2004, 02:41 PM
i haven't heard explanation II yet, but from what i've read about it, it seems that it is quite the album on it's own already.