View Full Version : the nickelback mp3

hupette gros
04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
could anyone post a http link to download the This is how you remind me of someday mp3

thanks

TheEdgeboy
04-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Nickelback is quite possibly the worst rock band ever.

Isle
04-22-2004, 01:01 PM
not the worst...lamest, maybe. i mean, come on: "the long road"??

http://www.hifi.nl/gfx/nickelback_thelongroad_200_02-10-03.jpg

if you are
04-22-2004, 01:15 PM
the long road to suckiness.

here you go: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/~bumble/Nickelback%20-%20How%20You%20Remind%20Me%20Of%20Someday.mp3 (http://)

morning star
04-22-2004, 06:36 PM
a little peice of me dies every time i here that band.:noway:

dishpan
04-22-2004, 09:54 PM
i cant stand nickelback either, but if you listen to this mp3 with good headphones, it fucking rocks. if all their songs were as layered as this mp3 is, they would be my favorite band!

hupette gros
04-22-2004, 10:41 PM
the link doesn't work, even with copy/paste

Hillzy
04-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by dishpan
i cant stand nickelback either, but if you listen to this mp3 with good headphones, it fucking rocks. if all their songs were as layered as this mp3 is, they would be my favorite band!

Yeah I like it too. Its better than either song individually.

Smashing87
04-23-2004, 10:42 AM
I find it lazy that the albums and the order of the releases of the songs on both albums are astoundingly similar to each other.

RockLobster
04-23-2004, 04:20 PM
they are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

smashingjj
04-23-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm quite surprised by the song in this link. I like it!

Junebug
04-23-2004, 05:16 PM
^ when my friend heard it for the first time, he was all "that doesn't bother me. I like both the songs so it sounds even cooler now". I wanted to say something along the lines of "YOU LIKE BOTH SONGS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME THING :dammit:" but I refrained. But yeah, wow. holy cow. that shouldn't be legal. It would be funny if one band member wrote the first one, and another member wrote the second, and then the first band member sued the other for copyright infringement and they both went broke. or something. ok stop.

i_dont_live
04-23-2004, 11:33 PM
on dirtyrockstar, a Marilyn Manson site, they pulled an april fools joke involving an unreleased Nickelback song called One Trick Pony. :0

disslunker
04-24-2004, 05:31 AM
oh my god that is fucking hilarious...

if anyone is still looking for it...

http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/archives/000475.php

Isle
04-24-2004, 09:15 AM
wow! what a bunch of fagots. those songs really do sound so similar. ahaha

zerozwan
04-24-2004, 12:21 PM
that made me laugh so hard! hahahha

Rockin' Cherub
04-24-2004, 12:58 PM
how you remind me of someday shows perfectly if you understand what makes a good song a good song (or a good band a good band). Those who don't understand the humour in this thing aren't ready for good rock music or rock music at all.

if you are
04-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub
how you remind me of someday shows perfectly if you understand what makes a good song a good song (or a good band a good band). Those who don't understand the humour in this thing aren't ready for good rock music or rock music at all.

EXACTLY. any halfway decent musician should be able to listen to that and see why nickelback sucks, and how shit gets written and put on the radio.

here's another one.. avril lavigne's "complicated" and liz phair's "why can't i" were written by the same songwriting company called The Matrix (no i'm not making this up).. listen to both songs side by side and notice the similarities. they're like the same songs in a different order. the chords are the same. it's sad and pathetic

Rockin' Cherub
04-25-2004, 09:41 AM
doesn't matter. they're nearly the same anyway.

Varien
04-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Junebug
^ when my friend heard it for the first time, he was all "that doesn't bother me. I like both the songs so it sounds even cooler now". I wanted to say something along the lines of "YOU LIKE BOTH SONGS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME THING :dammit:" but I refrained. But yeah, wow. holy cow. that shouldn't be legal. It would be funny if one band member wrote the first one, and another member wrote the second, and then the first band member sued the other for copyright infringement and they both went broke. or something. ok stop.

CCR sue john Fogarty for plagerizing himself :D

Isle
04-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by if you are

here's another one.. avril lavigne's "complicated" and liz phair's "why can't i" were written by the same songwriting company called The Matrix (no i'm not making this up).. listen to both songs side by side and notice the similarities. they're like the same songs in a different order. the chords are the same. it's sad and pathetic

wow you're right! :rofl: what a bunch of no-talent douchebags

if you are
04-26-2004, 11:00 AM
and we wonder why everything on the radio sounds the same.. they're all the same song!! haha

ravenguy2000
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM

Wait, it gets better. There's also a song by a band called Lillix by the Matrix. Its a single, I hear it at work sometimes. All three songs are very similar.

if you are
04-26-2004, 11:54 AM
pathetic.

not to mention the very idea of a "songwriting company" is sad in a way.. isn't songwriting supposed to be a personal and cathartic discipline? but no, they just get to order one like a pizza, then laugh all the way to the bank..

zerozwan
04-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
the two nickelback songs were both edited

they're at different running lengths
the speed of the songs isn't the point here. listen how both songs have exactly the same intro/verse1/bridge/chorus/blah blah blah formula. they are exactly the same song.

sawdust restaurants
04-26-2004, 03:47 PM
isn't songwriting supposed to be a personal and cathartic discipline?

not necessarily.

patrick
04-26-2004, 04:42 PM
how did i miss this until now

ahahahaah

Starchildren
04-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
the two nickelback songs were both edited

they're at different running lengths

sure they were edited.

but the tempo/BPM that the drummer is playing to is close enough in both songs to still make a funny but valid comparison.

Sapphire
04-26-2004, 07:43 PM
I guess all this mp3 does is make their sucking "official" now.

zerozwan
04-27-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Isle
not the worst...lamest, maybe. i mean, come on: "the long road"??

http://www.hifi.nl/gfx/nickelback_thelongroad_200_02-10-03.jpg
that's so deep how there's a really long road on the cover too... because i didn't get it the first time when i saw "the long road"... but now i see that there's a long road... so like... i really get it now.

Rockin' Cherub
04-27-2004, 10:13 AM
pathetic.

not to mention the very idea of a "songwriting company" is sad in a way.. isn't songwriting supposed to be a personal and cathartic discipline? but no, they just get to order one like a pizza, then laugh all the way to the bank..
so true...

Isle
04-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by zerozwan

that's so deep how there's a really long road on the cover too... because i didn't get it the first time when i saw "the long road"... but now i see that there's a long road... so like... i really get it now.

word