View Full Version : now that Pitchfork has reviewed it you can all go buy it

strange_one
04-21-2004, 12:41 AM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/architechture-in-helsinki/fingers-crossed.shtml

<font color=33FFFF> my favourite aussie release of 2003. go team!</font>

Nothing/everything
04-21-2004, 01:06 AM
looks pretty interesting, i'll queue it up at my next download spree

strange_one
04-21-2004, 01:09 AM
<font color=33FFFF> you might cringe when you first hear it.....you'll know what I mean when the time comes. it grows on you though, it's just very twee, whatever that means</font>

Nothing/everything
04-21-2004, 01:12 AM
twee? *downloads*

Never witnessed my Sarah records/trembling blue stars/talulah gosh whatever posts? :D

ZackZ
04-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Paper plates have been liberally smeared with bright yellow icing. Blue cocktail napkins, sticky and balled, float in partially consumed cups of apple juice. Shreds of wrapping paper and ribbon dot the lawn, abandoned sacks of loot topple over into the flower bed, candy necklaces and pink rubber balls slowly spill into the topsoil. Children run at full speed, in every direction. And on a cheap portable stereo, Architecture in Helsinki's debut, Fingers Crossed, starts to spin, each bit of gleefully bizarre pop somehow blending perfectly into the haphazard hollers of cake-stuffed toddlers, mirroring their soft mania, providing what might be the only appropriate soundtrack to a throwdown attended exclusively by knee-high tots no longer wearing their shoes.

What the fuck? Is everything a creative writing contest with these assholes?

if you are
04-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ

yes.. pitchdork is basically a contest to see who can cover up their insecurities the most by being the most pretentious. any album with any amount of ambition is certain to be slammed big time (smashing pumpkins, for instance). any album with lots of useless noise, indie cred, "lo-fi" recording, emo-but-people-don't-call-it-emo etc. are praised.

SG Boi
04-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by if you are

yes.. pitchdork is basically a contest to see who can cover up their insecurities the most by being the most pretentious. any album with any amount of ambition is certain to be slammed big time (smashing pumpkins, for instance). any album with lots of useless noise, indie cred, "lo-fi" recording, emo-but-people-don't-call-it-emo etc. are praised.

they called Siamese Dream one of the top 50 albums of the 90s you twit

if you are
04-21-2004, 01:07 PM
calm down, psycho. they also slammed great albums and praised lame ones. also they may have given SD a good rating, but they sure didn't give MCIS one

SG Boi
04-21-2004, 01:08 PM
i like the way i'm always overreacting and need to calm down when I've done nothing different than the person telling me to do so

patrick
04-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by SG Boi
i like the way i'm always overreacting and need to calm down when I've done nothing different than the person telling me to do so fucking chill out already

if you are
04-22-2004, 08:21 AM
well you called me a twit for no reason. just cuz i called the pitchfork staff on being the losers they so obviously are.

Cactuar
04-22-2004, 09:41 PM
i loved this record, only australian music i can stand

Twat
04-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ

"Pitchfork: Using obtuce metaphors to mask inadequate linguistic ability since 1998."

Cactuar
04-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by if you are

yes.. pitchdork is basically a contest to see who can cover up their insecurities the most by being the most pretentious. any album with any amount of ambition is certain to be slammed big time (smashing pumpkins, for instance). any album with lots of useless noise, indie cred, "lo-fi" recording, emo-but-people-don't-call-it-emo etc. are praised. You're a moron. Yes, I hate the writers for pitchfork. Yes, they are pretentious twats. But no, the smashing pumpkins music they bash DESERVES TO BE BASHED. Something wtih 'ambition' does NOT make up for shittiness. So fucking get over it, go back to the smashing pumpkins board and go get yourself off thinking about billy rubbing his guitar strings with his fat, bald head.

Loser.