View Full Version : David Bowie in Philly

pale blue eyes
03-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Really, really great. His voice sounded better than the last time I saw him and the setlist was pretty nice. I didn't write it down but here is what I remember:

Heathen
Rebel, Rebel (opener)
Fame
Life On Mars?
Ziggy Stardust
The Man Who Sold the World
All the Young Dudes
Under Pressure
Fame
Reality
I'm Afraid of Americans
Looking For Water
China Girl
Heroes
Suffragette City
White Light White Heat
Hallo Spaceboy

I'm sure I'll remember more when I've had more sleep though he also covered the Pixies' Cactus but I'm not sure if he's done that at other shows, too. And surprsingly there were no drawn out Mike Garson piano solos. If Bob Dylan is half as good tonight as Bowie was I can die a happy woman.

eyesbomb
03-30-2004, 09:56 AM
it was

01. Rebel Rebel
02. Hang On To Yourself
03. New Killer Star
04. Fame
05. Cactus
06. All The Young Dudes
07. China Girl
08. Reality
09. The Man Who Sold The World
10. Hallo Spaceboy
11. Sunday
12. Heathen (The Rays)
13. Under Pressure
14. Life on Mars?
15. Quicksand
16. Looking For Water
17. Days
18. Blue Jean
19. Ashes To Ashes
20. White Light / White Heat
21. I'm Afraid Of Americans
22. "Heroes"

Encore :
23. Five Years
24. Suffragette City
25. Ziggy Stardust

sweet set, especially for The Man Who Sold The World (quite rare) and Days

eyesbomb
03-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Phreak
If Bob Dylan is half as good tonight as Bowie was I can die a happy woman.

seen him on 'this tour' here in Roma last november, it was amazing

a little shortened set lately and he doesn't play guitar (he stopped since 2001) on stage but still goddamn fucking amazing
I love the recent way of killing the singalong in 'Heaven's Door'

pale blue eyes
03-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks for posting the whole set, I'm sure most of it would have eventually come to me :p Is he touring with a large band or more by himself? How was the setlist? Sorry, I just got the tickets to Dylan last week so I haven't had time to look.

eyesbomb
03-30-2004, 12:01 PM
www.bobdylan.com and you'll find everything, sweet Erin
:)

pale blue eyes
03-30-2004, 03:21 PM

french_rap_sucks
03-31-2004, 07:08 AM
bowie can be really predictable when it comes to the older stuff he chooses to perform. i don't know about "man who sold the world" being rare; he seems to perform it everytime i've ever seen him live or on television. i really hate his new shit (past three albums), especially when he does it live.

killer_tomato
03-31-2004, 07:10 AM
nice encore and it's cool that he's playing white light/white heat but does he ever play stuff from low live?

french_rap_sucks
03-31-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by killer_tomato
nice encore and it's cool that he's playing white light/white heat but does he ever play stuff from low live?

not often from what i know; he did do a couple of concerts after or right before heaten came out where he did a whole night of low and heathen. but, if he does anything from that album it's usually "always crashing in the same car," i think.

oclaftap
03-31-2004, 04:08 PM
i saw him in boston last night and it was fucking awesome, the set list looks pretty similar, but easily one of the best shows ive ever seen

oclaftap
03-31-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by killer_tomato

he played sound + vision in boston, which was nice cause its one of my favorite bowie songs and i didnt expect it

pale blue eyes
03-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by oclaftap
i saw him in boston last night and it was fucking awesome, the set list looks pretty similar, but easily one of the best shows ive ever seen

Cool. Was yours one of the dates postponed from when he had the flu in December too?

oclaftap
03-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Phreak

Cool. Was yours one of the dates postponed from when he had the flu in December too?

yeah it was, originally it was suspose to be on december 8th or 9th i think

oclaftap
03-31-2004, 04:41 PM
here are some pictures i took, i was in the 12th row

oclaftap
03-31-2004, 04:41 PM

pale blue eyes
03-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Nice pics, I think he was wearing the same shirt at my show. Still pretty good looking for being in his mid-50s. I was in the fourth row to the right of the stage but I didn't bring a camera because I assumed security would have taken it :(

oclaftap
04-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks, I was afraid the security was gonna take mine but all they did was make me open my sweatshirt and it was in my pocket so it was fairly easy to get in