View Full Version : Pumpkin Stage Banter of the Day

Mayonaise0329
03-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Soma Theatre
San Diego, CA
MCIS Tour
1/30/1996

Billy - "Oh yeah.....the Reebok Company was nice enough to give me these ugly shoes....

James - "I think they are pretty fly"

Billy - "I think they are pretty shitty....I mean...I wouldn't wear these if I had no legs...you know what I mean?"

James - "Hey man...they are just tryin' to keep it real"

Billy - "So we are going to give these shoes way to some lucky people!" (crowd screams)

Darcy- "nooo...lets be fair, they give us some really nice shoes too... but we're keeping those"

James - "Man...I like the shoes"

Billy - "I mean...Mr. Brady is dead if ya know what I mean!"

Darcy - "Well you can't just give them one size"

Billy- "umm...my shoe size is size.......wait wait.....ok...(to crowd) put all your hands down...please....put all your hands down.....lets coorporate...put all your hands down or you will be disqualified! ......................Allright.....I guess the girl size is 20...and the boy size is 12...so all of you with girl size 20 or boy size 12....please raise your hands...."

(Everyone in Crowd raises thier hand)

Darcy- "Yeah...I am SURE they all have the same shoe size!"

Billy- "Well...all I know is that we are going to have to have a relay race after the show........to win these lovely reebok shoes!"

Darcy- "if the shoe fits....wear it"

Billy - "BUT I AIN'T GIVEN THEM TO YOU NOW.....because you are just going to hit me in the fuckin head with it!!!! I KNOW THAT TRICK, LET ME TELL YOU!"

Isle
03-21-2004, 06:30 PM
lollage

Isle
03-21-2004, 06:31 PM
i think james came out with the funniest banter though..."je suis un poisson...i am from the sea!" :rofl:

Injektilo
03-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Mayonaise0329
Billy - "BUT I AIN'T GIVEN THEM TO YOU NOW.....because you are just going to hit me in the fuckin head with it!!!! I KNOW THAT TRICK, LET ME TELL YOU!"

hahaa

hereisnowhy
03-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo

hahaa

Someone threw a shoe (I think) at Oasis when they were here a few years ago - and they left.

sledge
03-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by hereisnowhy

Someone threw a shoe (I think) at Oasis when they were here a few years ago - and they left.

ahahaha

Dead
03-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Well what about that famous Nickelback video where the crowd starts whipping them in the head with rocks til they run off stage. That was the greatest video ever. I love it so much.

machinaddict
03-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Dead
Well what about that famous Nickelback video where the crowd starts whipping them in the head with rocks til they run off stage. That was the greatest video ever. I love it so much.
link plz
i would love to see that.

Dead
03-22-2004, 01:36 AM
I don't know if you can still get it online. It's probably out there somewhere.

if you are
03-22-2004, 02:21 AM

haha.. gold.

people who throw shit at good bands are idiots.

lawson
03-22-2004, 09:43 AM

YEA i think i saw that on here. i had it for a while and showed it to everyone.

Mayonaise0329
03-22-2004, 11:40 AM
I went to a Dashboard Confessional Show at the Masquarade in Ybor City, FL and there were some really stupid people throwing quarters and pennies at the band, they were pretty cool about it though......the bassist just said "hey...if you are going to throw money.....throw some damn bills!!"

i wanna die
03-22-2004, 01:13 PM

Houston '94....anybody know what i'm talking about? (im sure the houstonians do)

if you are
03-22-2004, 01:52 PM
i read that at one dashboard concert, the crowd started throwing tissues.. hahahahaha :)

plume
03-22-2004, 03:33 PM
I miss my banter site :-/

Isle
03-22-2004, 03:46 PM
"stoppen zee throwen zee cuppen..."

NickS
03-22-2004, 06:34 PM
I forget which concert it was, but it was before they played slunk. billy got in a fight with one of the audience members who were screaming "just play some fucking music" or something along those lines...

Then Billy says "this is the song you hear when your being fucked up the ass"?? or something like that, I love that show.

Isle
03-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by NickS
I forget which concert it was, but it was before they played slunk. billy got in a fight with one of the audience members who were screaming "just play some fucking music" or something along those lines...

Then Billy says "this is the song you hear when your being fucked up the ass"?? or something like that, I love that show.

i remember that very vaguely. what a tough crowd.

Isle
03-22-2004, 06:46 PM
the one where he says to one of the audience members "why the hell are you shouting for jimmy all the time?" *guy shouts jimmy* "jimmy says he'll give you 20 dollars to shut the fuck up" *jimmy holds up a 20* :D

NickS
03-22-2004, 06:54 PM
93-12-11 tristessa... after convincing Jimmy to play the song, Billy screws up and sings the second verse first. That was also an excellent show, wasnt that the last 93 show... or thier last show of the tour?

EDIT: for those who dont have the show, they basically abandon the song... very funny.

Isle
03-22-2004, 07:05 PM
93-12-11 tristessa... after convincing Jimmy to play the song, Billy screws up and sings the second verse first. That was also an excellent show, wasnt that the last 93 show... or thier last show of the tour?

EDIT: for those who dont have the show, they basically abandon the song... very funny.

didn't jimmy want to play it? that song has kickass drumming.

Dead
03-22-2004, 07:07 PM

It was this jackass who kept shouting through the entire show "Are you guys from Seattle?" and shit like that. So Billy finally got fed up and was like "This is the song I hope you hum when you get fucked up the ass!!" And then they started rocking with Chump. It ruled. :rockon:

pumpkingrrrl
03-22-2004, 08:09 PM
lol @ this thread!

i still remember the milwaukee show i attended..billy commented on how we looked like idiots moshing to 1979. that was great.

NickS
03-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Isle

didn't jimmy want to play it? that song has kickass drumming.

No, i think it was Billy, because he kept making fun of Jimmy for being too old to play it or something....

Mayonaise0329
03-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Berkley, CA
Machina Tour

James - "Thank you...Berkley"
**James starts playing Third Eye Blind's "Never Let You Down"
(singing)"All I know I know I know....All my friends are gone gone.................is that the middle verse??"
**James starts playing it again......."(screams: "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWW!"

James -"Thats all the words I know....it's a nice song though......any other songs??????"

***Billy starts playing****

Billy - "'Fade to Black' by Metallica"

James - "oooohhh yeah!"

James- "How about that........'If your gooooing to Saaaaan Fraaaanciscooooo.....Be sure to wear flowers in your hair...if you going to (Billy starts to sing with James) Saaaaan Fraaaanciscoooo....

Billy (singing)- "Be sure to bring a Machine Gun......yeah!"

Billy- "Thats the fourth verse...it's on the single that you don't hear the fourth verse!"

Billy- (begings singing again)- "The earthquakes will get you....in Saaan Fraaanciscoooo!"

James (singing) - "Natural Disasters will get you.....if you're going to...(changes songs)......."tear a peice of my heart"......."What's that other Tony Bennet song??"

Billy- "It's 'I left My Heart in San Francisco"

James (singing..but wrong melody) "I left my heart in Saaaan Fraaanciscoooooooooooo"

Billy- "I don't think it's officially a SanFrancisco song....but that Judy Garland trolly song....."

James- "How does that one go???"

Billy-(singing) "Clank Clank Clank went the Trolly ...."

James (finishing)- "Trank Trank Trank went the Crolly"

James- "allright...we've been touring much to long..i aplogize...we've lost our minds"
***Starts playing 'Never Let You Down' again
"Come On SanFrancisco!!!!!...........ok....sorry!"

Billy- ***plays "Spiteface" tease.

James- "Now....this one goes back...a while back...and it comes from a popular movie of the time....a soundtrack....in the hayday of...."

Billy (interrupting)- "Cuisin'...with Al Pachino!"

James- "oooh.....that is a FUCKED up movie! Thats a good movie though!"

THEN FINALLY.......they Play Drown!

Isle
03-23-2004, 06:28 AM

that sounds awesome, but i can't imagine how they pulled that off. i've never known james to be that energetic.

Mayonaise0329
03-23-2004, 02:11 PM

that sounds awesome, but i can't imagine how they pulled that off. i've never known james to be that energetic.

Actually...James can get pretty crazy at some of the pumpkins shows I have seen. Back in the Lollapalooza days...he used to SCREAM into the mic at the end of some shows...."MOTHER FUCKER..YOU CUNT SUCKING MOTHERFUCKER.....COME ON YOU FUCKERS...ON YOUR FUCKING FEET YOU FUCKS!"......shit like that...just went nuts.....I even have one show from San Diego back in 1994 when Billy has to fight with James to get the mic from him at the end of the show. Billy and James are like seriously wrestling for the mic!! It's hilarous!!!

vahn
03-23-2004, 02:57 PM
relating to the stage banter where billy finishes by mentioning the shoe, one of the 2000 shows i put on the hub about a month ago, billy told the entire story about how we was hit in the face with a shoe.

MMBKG
03-23-2004, 03:02 PM

Get the Vieuphoria DVD and watch the Lost '9# Tapes of Silverfuck.

Rockin' Cherub
03-23-2004, 03:21 PM
incredibly funny thread.

Isle
03-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by MMBKG

Get the Vieuphoria DVD and watch the Lost '9# Tapes of Silverfuck.

oh i have seen that, it was pretty funny. shame how darcy gets no coverage in the lost tapes, it's 99% b0lly.

Mayonaise0329
03-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Rio, Brazil
MCIS Tour

I guess that a Cigerrette company sponsered the concert....I think the name of the company was like the "Hollywood Ciggerette Company".....and Darcy was like:

"Thank you...we are very proud to be here tonight.....it's too bad that it had to be a cigerrette company that brought us here"....

and the crowd started cheering

Darcy- "No no....don't cheer...that is bad...Hollywood is a city in America...not a Cigerrette company"

And then later on in the show...Billy and James start throwing out soccar balls and punting them into the audiance......James even has on a soccar jersey and he starts acting like he is trying to imbound...and passes it to billy and he bounces it off his chest.....

Then after all of the soccar balls are gone...Billy is like

"The soccar balls are courtesy of the Hollywood Cigerrette Company...Thank you"

And Darcy gets SOOOO pissed off that she kicks her microphone down!!! It is pretty damn funny!

Isle
03-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Rio, Brazil
MCIS Tour

I guess that a Cigerrette company sponsered the concert....I think the name of the company was like the "Hollywood Ciggerette Company".....and Darcy was like:

"Thank you...we are very proud to be here tonight.....it's too bad that it had to be a cigerrette company that brought us here"....

and the crowd started cheering

Darcy- "No no....don't cheer...that is bad...Hollywood is a city in America...not a Cigerrette company"

And then later on in the show...Billy and James start throwing out soccar balls and punting them into the audiance......James even has on a soccar jersey and he starts acting like he is trying to imbound...and passes it to billy and he bounces it off his chest.....

Then after all of the soccar balls are gone...Billy is like

"The soccar balls are courtesy of the Hollywood Cigerrette Company...Thank you"

And Darcy gets SOOOO pissed off that she kicks her microphone down!!! It is pretty damn funny!

haha...i always thought darcy was just in it for the money...but she's keepin it real i see.

Myxomatosis
03-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by machinaddict

link plz
i would love to see that.

Watch the dude from Nickelback get hit in the head with a rock (http://www.okflavor.com/okflavor/crap/nickelbackPortugal.mpg)

Junebug
03-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by vahn
relating to the stage banter where billy finishes by mentioning the shoe, one of the 2000 shows i put on the hub about a month ago, billy told the entire story about how we was hit in the face with a shoe.

5.13.00, Houston TX. Some of the best banter ever. Especially when he mentions the reporter that gave them a bad review.

machinaddict
03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Myxomatosis

Watch the dude from Nickelback get hit in the head with a rock (http://www.okflavor.com/okflavor/crap/nickelbackPortugal.mpg)
thank you kind sir.

Injektilo
03-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Myxomatosis

haha, i watched the part where he gets drilled over and over. I wish I knew how to make it an avatar.