View Full Version : i saw someone die today

Isle
03-20-2004, 02:00 PM
i was just walking around town while everyone was rushing round to get mothers' day gifts. it's a pedestrianised area but cars are still allowed to go slowly, so there really aren't many on the main drag. anyway i was just about to go into the mall, and BAM. right outside the front door this car hits a person (i couldn't tell if it was a man or woman) and the driver only realises it a microsecond late and surges forward into the back of another car, hurting himself too and busting up his car. about 300 people rushed around in 5 seconds, but just before they swamped the scene i saw the person who got hit lying on the ground, eyes closed. they looked pretty young. talk about a reality check.
anyway, i went to get a sandwich:D and when i got back, this time on the way home, there were ambulances, fire trucks and police cars everywhere and there was a blue sheet over the body. a sandwich has never tasted so good.

I_was_aborted
03-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Where the fuck was Batman during all of this? Super heros are overrated.

Nimrod
03-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Why is everyone buying Mother's Day gifts when it's not even close to Mother's Day?

Stupid Brits!

Dead
03-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Holy shit, that's fucked up dude.

Nimrod
03-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Where the fuck was Batman during all of this? Super heros are overrated. Pssst: Batman is in America.

phaedrus
03-20-2004, 02:24 PM
i am disgusted by your use of :D in a thread about someone dying.

i can appreciate that you've never appreciated a sandwich so much before in your life, but that definitely should not make you full of glee. you should be pensive if anything.

twilightfadez
03-20-2004, 02:25 PM
i saw my great aunt die right before me. changes many things in your perspective of life.

Nimrod
03-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
i saw my great aunt die right before me. changes many things in your perspective of life. She's not that great anymore, huh.

twilightfadez
03-20-2004, 02:27 PM
no :(

Brandont_h
03-20-2004, 02:38 PM
I found a dead body one time when I was younger, but I've never seen anyone die.

phaedrus
03-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Brandont_h
I found a dead body one time when I was younger, but I've never seen anyone die.

woah. that must have been wierd.

Nimrod
03-20-2004, 02:46 PM
I found a dead body one time when I was younger, but I've never seen anyone die. http://fujishobo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/movie/stand-by-me2.jpg

Brandont_h
03-20-2004, 02:48 PM
I was a little older than those guys. heh. It was the summer between grade 8 and 9, so I guess that would be a little over ten years ago now. The guy hung himself in the upper floor of an abandoned house near where my cousin lived. He'd been there about a month. :erm

YeehaJamesIha
03-20-2004, 02:52 PM
I've never seen a dead body (outside a casket) and I've never seen anyone die. I wonder how I would react. Sometimes I wonder if I've ever really lived.

phaedrus
I was a little older than those guys. heh. It was the summer between grade 8 and 9, so I guess that would be a little over ten years ago now. The guy hung himself in the upper floor of an abandoned house near where my cousin lived. He'd been there about a month. :erm

so are you completely fucked up now or what?

p.s. Stand By Me is one of my all-time favourite movies.
And i honestly think The Body was one of Stephen King's best stories.

JewishBabe
Originally posted by Nimrod
She's not that great anymore, huh.

:2thumbsup

lawson
03-20-2004, 02:55 PM

you must... be lying...

Brandont_h
03-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus

so are you completely fucked up now or what?

Nope, I'm fine. My cousin's a bit younger than me, and since it was so near his house, he saw a psychiatrist for a short period after, but I was alright with it.

Isle
03-20-2004, 03:24 PM
1. i'm disappointed by the lack of attention and sympathy i'm getting here
2. sorry phaedrus but you should also blame jewishbabe for using :2thumbsup:
3. batman was out for donuts
4. i've had a doubly bad day since i bought machina and later discovered it was poo poo
5. it's mothers' day tomorrow over here. i didn't know it was different in the us.
6. omg whoa @ brandon for upstaging me with his worthy story of finding a hanging corpse. it reminds me of a thread on the z-board about b0lly being found dead hanging from the ceiling of his arizona hotel room with a tangerine up his ass as part of some kinky sex game. loq

bonsor
03-20-2004, 03:38 PM
http://fujishobo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/movie/stand-by-me2.jpg i always though it would be cool for someone to release a series of rockwellian paintings portraying the darker side of americana. like a group of children coming across a dead body, or a bunch of teenagers strung out on drugs.

bonsor
03-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Isle
4. i've had a doubly bad day since i bought machina and later discovered it was poo poooh yeah? i just looked out the back window and discovered my back lawn.

Isle
03-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ******
oh yeah? i just looked out the back window and discovered my back lawn.

http://www.szilagyi.us/images/whoa.jpg

Nate the Grate
03-20-2004, 03:48 PM
She's not that great anymore, huh.

oh, that was golden.

you get a :2thumbsup

JewishBabe
03-20-2004, 03:52 PM
:2thumbsup

GreenEggsNSpam
03-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I was at the mall last week, and when I came out of the mall, I looked over on the right and saw this person smoking.
She seemed to be fine, then BAM, hit the sidewalk.
Everyone started rushing over, and everyone was scared that if they moved her wrong, she could get hurt worse...
So people called the ambulance, and cops came and got her...

I think she died of a heart attack. :erm :(

Travis Meekz
03-20-2004, 07:38 PM
THANKS FOR MAKING ME FREAK OUT THINKING IT WAS MOTHERS DAY TOMORROW ASSHOLE!

ammy
03-20-2004, 07:42 PM

my friend walked in and found someone who had hung themselves, i don't know the details of the story, but he fraeks out pretty bad at you if you mention suicide in any way.. i think it really messed with him :(

ammy
03-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ttravis Mmeekz
THANKS FOR MAKING ME FREAK OUT THINKING IT WAS MOTHERS DAY TOMORROW ASSHOLE!

seriously! i went on a frantic google search to be sure..

Travis Meekz
03-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Ammy

seriously! i went on a frantic google search to be sure..

:)

I did exactly the same

Ensoul
03-20-2004, 07:45 PM
I was at a diner once w/ my mom... this 90 yr. old lady with her son and daughter were at the table next to us. the old lady started choking on some food and they called the ambulance but she was basically unconcious when they got there and later died because of a heart attack probably.

dustdream
03-20-2004, 11:38 PM
my step sister was passenger in a car that was hit by a bus in June last year.

She's a step down from a coma (which she was in for a few months) ie. now she has her eyes open. She can't move, eat, swallow, talk.

it's really really really fucked up - and we don't know - is she aware in there? there must be a reason why she's still here.

sorry. i can't talk about it anymore.

sppunk
03-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Seeing people die is both captivating and depressing.

Like when I saw that guy run around and eventually shoot himself in front of the police, that wasn't depressing, but instead intriguing.

DeadSwan
03-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Nate the Grate

oh, that was golden.

you get a :2thumbsup

for real!

murgle
03-21-2004, 01:23 AM
I've never seen anyone die, nor do I have any desire to.

I'm way too emotional for that.