View Full Version : rediscovering urban hymns made me wonder what the fuck happened to Nick Macabe...


mojo
11-06-2002, 09:45 AM
man, that guy was a spellbinding guitarist as well as being outrageously good-looking. what the fuck happened to him? how can a talent that bright just...stop.

The Gaddrow
11-06-2002, 10:33 AM
http://www.nickmccabe-kim-2freespirits.co.uk/home.htm

Blaise Bailey Finnegan III
11-06-2002, 04:46 PM
that reminds me, i haven't listened to either the verve or Ashcroft's solo stuff for ages. it just seems too boring since i gave up being a stoner. maybe i'll buy some weed at the weekend.

mojo
11-06-2002, 09:39 PM
you can't really mention the verve and richard ashcroft's MOR solo stuff in the same breath.. I hope Zwan doesn't represent a similarly depressing quality drop...

Blaise Bailey Finnegan III
11-09-2002, 04:17 AM
hmm gotta disagree with ya there bud, personally i rate Alone With Everyone (Everybody? i forget which) as different to but just as good as A Northern Soul and not far of Urban Hymns, but that's just my opinion :/ I haven't heard any of his newer stuff yet tho.

As for Zwan I still haven't listened to them yet

Junebug
11-10-2002, 10:15 PM
...I sold Urban Hymns...I just couldn't get into it. Except for the singles :o

Originally posted by what was it anyway?
As for Zwan I still haven't listened to them yet

Give them a try. You won't be dissapointed.

Jesse Miller
11-11-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by mojo
man, that guy was a spellbinding guitarist as well as being outrageously good-looking. what the fuck happened to him? how can a talent that bright just...stop.

He ran out of symphonic Rolling Stones songs to play along to?

mojo
11-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller


He ran out of symphonic Rolling Stones songs to play along to? :)

i thought the stones came out of the whole bitter sweet symphany thing looking mean and greedy... i think that' s a little harsh - lucky man, history, gravity grave and the drugs don't work are all vastly superior to bitter sweet...

Jesse Miller
11-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by mojo
:)

i thought the stones came out of the whole bitter sweet symphany thing looking mean and greedy... i think that' s a little harsh - lucky man, history, gravity grave and the drugs don't work are all vastly superior to bitter sweet...

That's because the Stones *ARE* mean and greedy...

I don't know, I thought all those tracks sounded like Bitter Sweet anways. Maybe I just don't like The Verve...

I liked that Freshman song they did though. :cool:

Mason R Butler
11-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by mojo
:)

i thought the stones came out of the whole bitter sweet symphany thing looking mean and greedy... i think that' s a little harsh - lucky man, history, gravity grave and the drugs don't work are all vastly superior to bitter sweet...
If I remember right, it was Andrew Oldham, the guy who actually made that symphonic Stones album, that made the huge fuss about it. But yes, the Stones are greedy. All multi-billionares are.

Kill The Poor
11-12-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Junebug
::about Zwan::


Give them a try. You won't be dissapointed.

Zwan's live show> Smashing Pumpkins' live show.

I still don't know if they can produce anything in the studio that would be better than SP though.

Tessellation
11-12-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by what was it anyway?

As for Zwan I still haven't listened to them yet


keep it that way, unless you want to hear a bad King Crimson cover band...