View Full Version : college life.


dusty
03-15-2004, 08:00 PM
it's quite fantastic, really.
we're throwing a birthday party tonite for one of my roomates. hells yeah!

Toby
03-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm ready for it to be OV

DevilSaint
03-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out the the "college life" by living at home, but I'm pretty happy getting by with hardly working, not racking up huge amounts of debt and eating home-cooked meals everyday.

Lizard Queen
03-15-2004, 09:58 PM
It's giving me an ulcer. Seriously.

Injektilo
03-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by DevilSaint
Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out the the "college life" by living at home, but I'm pretty happy getting by with hardly working, not racking up huge amounts of debt and eating home-cooked meals everyday.

nah. its worth it.

i'm gonna live at home with my parents this summer, and its gonna be fucking boring. the saving money/free food part will be nice, but living with my parents only (my brother and sister are both gone this summer) is gonna be boring compared with living with 4 or 5 of my good friends and having another 20 friends in close proximity.

mewl
03-15-2004, 11:31 PM
my college life consisted of being fucked up every hour i was awake and never going to class. and lots of depression. and then i got kicked out.

i'll never live in a dorm again.

DevilSaint
03-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo


nah. its worth it.

i'm gonna live at home with my parents this summer, and its gonna be fucking boring. the saving money/free food part will be nice, but living with my parents only (my brother and sister are both gone this summer) is gonna be boring compared with living with 4 or 5 of my good friends and having another 20 friends in close proximity.

I really don't mind that aspect. I still have plenty of friends around, so if I feel like doing something it's not really a problem. Granted, I like having time on my own and not constantly being busy with people around me - so this lifestyle suits me well.

PkPhuoko
03-16-2004, 12:13 AM
wait till you start poppin oxycontin and vicodins! Then college gets really fun!

SP33
03-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by DevilSaint
Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out the the "college life" by living at home, but I'm pretty happy getting by with hardly working, not racking up huge amounts of debt and eating home-cooked meals everyday.

I agree. I don't mind not living at the dorms for two reasons: 1) they suck and 2)I go to a commuter college so no one stays there unless they are about 50+ miles away from home

mewl
03-16-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by PkPhuoko
wait till you start poppin oxycontin and vicodins! Then college gets really fun!

i always preferred snorting them.

PkPhuoko
03-16-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by mewl


i always preferred snorting them.

cant crush new oxys some magical hoopdee doo the pill makers did to it to make it less effective if not ingested :(

still a 30 or 2 can floor ya

pale blue eyes
03-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Toby
I'm ready for it to be OV

Same here. I just want to graduate already and move on but I still have a year to go :(

Varien
03-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by PkPhuoko
wait till you start poppin oxycontin and vicodins! Then college gets really fun!

We have a big problem with Oxycontin here apparently, fucking stupid baymen newfoundlanders "bangin oxy's" ugh. Natives have been having problems for years in Labrador with alcoholism and drugs and as soon as some fucking baymen gluebags get a hold of oxycontin we have a task force for them while the inuit are getting shit all, but i mean that's typical i guess.

mirrar
03-16-2004, 10:27 AM
my college life consists of watching movies and eating junk food with my roommate and sometimes running around the city with a videocamera posing as journalism students.

YeehaJamesIha
03-16-2004, 01:40 PM
I had a blast the first semester when I lived in the hotel dorm, it was the mythical "college life" that you're probably talking about right now. Then I fucked myself over by moving to an island and losing my social life. Oh well, guess they weren't my real friends anyway. Now my college life consists of school, and um... hm... I uhh.... well I like to watch movies, and drink beer and uhh... twiddle my thumbs? Yeah, you can tell it's spring break right. I tell ya, if I had friends I'd be out partying my ass off right now.

Nimrod
03-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DevilSaint
Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out the the "college life" by living at home, but I'm pretty happy getting by with hardly working, not racking up huge amounts of debt and eating home-cooked meals everyday. Yes, God forbid you graduate college debt free and with a degree.

Liquid-J
03-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by YeehaJamesIha
I had a blast the first semester when I lived in the hotel dorm, it was the mythical "college life" that you're probably talking about right now. Then I fucked myself over by moving to an island and losing my social life. Oh well, guess they weren't my real friends anyway. Now my college life consists of school, and um... hm... I uhh.... well I like to watch movies, and drink beer and uhh... twiddle my thumbs? Yeah, you can tell it's spring break right. I tell ya, if I had friends I'd be out partying my ass off right now.

ttravis mmeeks will party with you

Travis Meekz
03-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J


ttravis mmeeks will party with you

damn right he would

Liquid-J
03-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ttravis Mmeekz


damn right he would

:cheers:

Travis Meekz
03-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J


:cheers:

:mrpimp:

Lie
03-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod
Yes, God forbid you graduate college with a degree.

:think:

Shandi
03-17-2004, 01:02 AM
I've really loved college life and I'm kinda scared to graduate next year and have to deal with "real life." Having to get a job to pay rent instead of student loans and grants. ack.

Nimrod
03-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Lie


:think: He's being responsible as opposed to a large number of partiers who live in the dorms, get the "college experience" and drop out/get expelled.

ammy
03-17-2004, 12:32 PM
I never lived in the dorms, so I missed all that.. kinda regret it.. really don't..

at this point.. in my 4th year here, i'm not living college life.. i'm living real life with less work, more studying. *sigh*

SuckSuckStyle
03-17-2004, 12:48 PM
yeah i like it. I'm 19. I hate my school but I love college. However, being on a college sports team changes things. It's very demanding and I dont have as much time to party anymore. In most aspects I'm glad. I know for a fact that crew has kept me out of SO MUCH TROUBLE. In my first month here I DID college and would have continued to do it had I not joined crew and made myself buckle down and be responsible.

dusty
03-17-2004, 02:46 PM
it's kind of funny. i don't live in the dorms anymore, but i used to.
at this point i live in an apartment with 4 other uci students.
but last night one of my good friends came by and he kept telling me that he thought that we were in the dorms because there are all these other 20 yr old guys that live right around me.
it's like the party quad or something.
lol.
but anyways, i have to go study right now. how's that for college life? :rofl:

Quagmire
03-17-2004, 02:51 PM
well, i live at home and the only reason is because i am still trying to go somewhere for sports. if it wasn't for that i would have been out of here about 2 years ago. i'm an independent person and stuff. it's not that i mind my family, i love them but i am just ready for everything. i should be out august/september of this year.

maybe cross country, maybe down south, maybe to irvine