View Full Version : So I guess it wasn't just a few scratches...

KrazeeStacee
03-11-2004, 08:35 PM
I just came back from the body shop and they said the repair estimate is at a grand total of $3,834.82.

Apparently one of the support beams is trash now. Both of my bumpers need to be replaced and I need a new hood.

:)

He also told me I have another week to make a police report.

Ahhh....karma is good.

beef curtains
03-11-2004, 08:36 PM
when my old roommate was rear ended by a drunk driver she got massage therapy :D

Fall Down Blue
03-11-2004, 08:36 PM
wtf. did you really need to make a new thread about this you dumb bitch? just bump your other thread. your car isn't worth 4 grand.

KrazeeStacee
03-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by So very sad about me
when my old roommate was rear ended by a drunk driver she got massage therapy :D
Where do I sign up?

My neck and back are a mess because of it. I mean it's nothing I can't deal with, but I've been making my friend give me massages all the time and I don't think he enjoys it much =\

sppunk
03-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I'd imagine the guy is ripping you off. That doesn't sound like it would be that much.

He's just trying to screw you and/or the insurance company. Welcome to the world of auto-mechanics.

KrazeeStacee
03-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Fall Down Blue
wtf. did you really need to make a new thread about this you dumb bitch? your car isn't worth 4 grand. So you wanna start again, huh?

beef curtains
03-11-2004, 08:38 PM
see a doctor. his insurance will have to pay for it
or call your insurance and tell them you can't afford to see a doc unless you know they're paying for it....
i'm sure the doc would prescribe you massage therapy more likely than giving you lots of narcotics...

Fall Down Blue
03-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin
So you wanna start again, huh?

not really, i'm sorta tired... i'd settle for a private pic of your chest though.

PopTart
03-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Fall Down Blue
wtf. did you really need to make a new thread about this you dumb bitch? just bump your other thread. your car isn't worth 4 grand.

When are you going to call someone Dr. Fag again??

KrazeeStacee
03-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
I'd imagine the guy is ripping you off. That doesn't sound like it would be that much.

He's just trying to screw you and/or the insurance company. Welcome to the world of auto-mechanics.
I know a lot about cars, and estimates, and how this stuff works.

No, he's not trying to screw me...the only thing that makes this bad is the labor costs, which really isn't all that bad compared to most places around here.

Both Stacy (the other one) and I have State Farm insurance, and my guy recommended this place specifically. The place is linked with State Farm something blah blah (not important)

Anyhow, the parts aren't cheap.

beef curtains
03-11-2004, 08:43 PM
if your car isn't worth $4k you might be able to get it labelled as totalled and get a check ?

KrazeeStacee
03-11-2004, 08:43 PM
see a doctor. his insurance will have to pay for it
or call your insurance and tell them you can't afford to see a doc unless you know they're paying for it....
i'm sure the doc would prescribe you massage therapy more likely than giving you lots of narcotics...
Ehhh....I'm a bitch, but I don't know if I'm that big of a bitch. Plus, I hate doctors. I think I'll pass this time around.

But that is nice that I could do that if I wanted :D

KrazeeStacee
03-11-2004, 08:45 PM
if your car isn't worth $4k you might be able to get it labelled as totalled and get a check ?

Nah, I'm not sure exactly what it's worth, but I know it's more than $4k.

Plus, I'd rather just have them fix up my baby. :D

Pleasure|Contempt
03-11-2004, 11:05 PM
The guy in front of you who just left could now be in the same position of needing to replace his rear bumper (I'm thinking of the right accident thread right?)

The entire interior structure of the bumper could be destroyed rendering it useless, while the outside seems undamaged. That's why you always get the insurance, no matter what.

noir cat
03-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Caughtcha in a cross post, Stacy.

guz
03-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Nah, I'm not sure exactly what it's worth, but I know it's more than $4k.what year is it? the pic you posted in the car thread was a 96, right? if it is, you might be in that $4-$5k range.

KrazeeStacee
03-12-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by guz
what year is it? the pic you posted in the car thread was a 96, right? if it is, you might be in that $4-$5k range.

Mine's a 99

BlueFish
03-12-2004, 02:24 AM
If it was that hard and you have an automatic, make sure to have the transmission checked. Bent frame = shitty trans problems down the line.. sorry.

meow
03-12-2004, 02:26 AM
I just came back from the body shop and they said the repair estimate is at a grand total of $3,834.82.

Apparently one of the support beams is trash now. Both of my bumpers need to be replaced and I need a new hood.

He also told me I have another week to make a police report.

Ahhh....karma is good.

this is the first time i have ever told anyone that its awesome that their car will cost that much to fix... :)

KrazeeStacee
03-12-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by meow

this is the first time i have ever told anyone that its awesome that their car will cost that much to fix... :)

spa ced
03-12-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by sppunk