View Full Version : ISO: Macintosh Advice

Sean Risley
11-05-2002, 10:57 AM
I am currently running Mac OS 9.2 and was wondering if anybody out there who works with Macs knows of a good, comparable CD burning (as well as audio extraction).

Also any good FTP programs as well.

I will soon be delving into file sharing since my school finally setup a T3 line for our building.

AIM: Anubis AAA

Chow
11-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sean Risley
I am currently running Mac OS 9.2 and was wondering if anybody out there who works with Macs knows of a good, comparable CD burning (as well as audio extraction).

Also any good FTP programs as well.

I will soon be delving into file sharing since my school finally setup a T3 line for our building.

AIM: Anubis AAA

I good burning program is Adaptec Jam if you can find it. Roxio has taken over Adaptec and they renamed the same program called Roxio Jam which I don't like. You will also need a program called Toast Audio Extractor (TAE) to extract the audio from a CD-R. Unfortunately there is no program similar to Exact Audio Copy. With TAE you will need to check to see if your extraction method is perfect. The link below describes how this is done and has a lot of information that is important.

http://not.hadique.org/macfaq/

Virex_Gaze6
11-05-2002, 07:09 PM
Lets see. Just like Chow said there is really no fool proff cd burning burning progam like EAC but some simmilar. As far as FTP programs you may want to try Fetch or Anarchie. If you want to do the whole hub thing then I suggest you get a pc emmulater.

Sean Risley
11-06-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Chow

I good burning program is Adaptec Jam if you can find it. Roxio has taken over Adaptec and they renamed the same program called Roxio Jam which I don't like. You will also need a program called Toast Audio Extractor (TAE) to extract the audio from a CD-R. Unfortunately there is no program similar to Exact Audio Copy. With TAE you will need to check to see if your extraction method is perfect. The link below describes how this is done and has a lot of information that is important.

http://not.hadique.org/macfaq/

Anybody have any GOOD experiences using PC emulators w/the hub..?