View Full Version : how come kill hannah arent this insanely mainstream band?

Ihaman
11-05-2002, 05:08 AM
you'd think they would be

Mason R Butler
11-05-2002, 07:15 AM
I've been saying it ever since I was introduced to them on IRC; Kill Hannah aren't all that great. Everybody in Chicago seems to love them, and I think it's just because they think the band's gonna take off. Their music is boring and derivitive (which isn't much different from the mainstream), but not enough to get them anywhere.

Plus, that guy sounds way too much like a girl.

James Eats Pez
11-05-2002, 10:19 AM
I used to be a hardcore fan but now I'm just bleh... i really dislike the direction they're going in. They still made some amazing music in the past though, but part of the thing is that the current incarnation refuses to accept that music even exists, and they're playing these new, mostly shitty pop metal songs. Whatever...

They have been signed by Atlantic tho, so maybe there's some hope.

lucky_13
11-05-2002, 10:42 AM
um cuz they're awful?

Jesse Miller
11-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ihaman

You're right! Since they are one of the most horrible bands I've ever heard in the last 10 years, they should fit well into the mainstream; I can see them sandwiched perfectly between the new POD and Lincoln Park singles.

twice
11-05-2002, 01:49 PM
Kill Hannah is decent. Stop bagging on Matt, there are countless bands out there right now that are absolute SHITE....he has an argument, and with good reason.

lucky_13
11-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by twice
Kill Hannah is decent. Stop bagging on Matt, there are countless bands out there right now that are absolute SHITE....he has an argument, and with good reason.
wait. what's his argument?

Jesse Miller
11-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Wow, I was just sitting here, listening to Jesus Egg and waiting for my lunch break to be over, and I suddenly realized:
Kill Hannah are utterly horrific.

Jesse Miller
11-06-2002, 11:57 AM
Last night I dreamt about how bad Kill Hannah are.

lucky_13
11-06-2002, 03:57 PM
dreamt is my favorite word. and apothecary. but that's not related.

Jesse Miller
11-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by lucky_13
dreamt is my favorite word. and apothecary. but that's not related.

"Dreamed" is my favorite word after "dreamt."

spa ced
11-06-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ihaman

Yeah, If I was a moron I'd think that.

THRILLHO
11-06-2002, 04:46 PM
you'd think they would be... if you were a fan. the fans have all deluded themselves into thinking a make-up wearing glam-rock fag-band, bad or good, is going to "take off."
i like placebo, but i don't see them changing their one-hit wonder status ever.

Mason R Butler
11-06-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by THRILLHO
you'd think they would be... if you were a fan. the fans have all deluded themselves into thinking a make-up wearing glam-rock fag-band, bad or good, is going to "take off."
i like placebo, but i don't see them changing their one-hit wonder status ever.
Maybe Kill Hannah should use the word "Weed" in a song, then they'd get a hit the same way Placebo did.

Eulogy
11-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Hm.

They're nothing special at all. I Wanna Be a Kennedy is pretty damn catchy, but it gets annoying after a while...everything else I've heard is worse than that. So yeah...they're not too good.

Jesse Miller
11-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower

Orgy got pretty big, too!

HAhaha!! I wasn't even going to go there, but DAMN!

professional wannabe
11-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller
Last night I dreamt about how bad Kill Hannah are.

nah, i'd have to disagree. personally, i like KH myself, and i'd rate them at least as a pretty good band, if not great or excellent. they've made quite a few great songs, methinks(i.e. American Jet Set, 10 More Minutes w/You, Kill Hannah, and more, just to name a few)

professional wannabe
11-06-2002, 07:28 PM

i totally agree with you COMPLETELY, and thank you for posting what you did.

darcy_is_sexy
11-06-2002, 08:14 PM
They have some good songs, but I think most of their new stuff is crap. They were a really good band for a while, but their newest fanbase is really irritating.

James Eats Pez
11-06-2002, 08:22 PM
OH THERE HE GOES AGAIN
HIGH LIKE A ZEPPELIN
BIG EYES AND UNDER FED

SHE TOOK HIM BY THE THROAT AND SAID
I LOVE YOU, SICK BOY, YEAH

HIS HEART GETS WHAT IT NEEDS
FROM SHOOTING ANTIFREEZE
LAID OUT BESIDE THE BED

SHE TOOK HIM BY THE THROAT AND SAID

YOU ARE THE REAL ONE
MY S-I-C-K LOVE
THEY BEGGED ME TO AVOID
MY S-I-C-K BOY

MY S-I-C-K BOY
MY S-I-C-K BOY
MY S-I-C-K BOY
MY S-I-C-K BOY

Red Wine Cage
11-06-2002, 10:52 PM
i absolutely ADORE Kill Hannah.

but, come on, that's not too suprising.

jared
11-07-2002, 01:27 AM
whats wrong with placebo? they make really great songs

Best Looking Boy
11-07-2002, 01:53 AM
He didn't say anything bad about Placebo. Reading skills.

jared
11-07-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy
He didn't say anything bad about Placebo. Reading skills.

"i like placebo, but i don't see them changing their one-hit wonder status ever."

"Maybe Kill Hannah should use the word "Weed" in a song, then they'd get a hit the same way Placebo did."

hey i can read!

Red Wine Cage
11-08-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by lucky_13
um cuz they're awful?
Nickleback is horrible and they're popular.

not that nickleback is even in the same league. kill hannah rules and that's all there is to it.

Jesse Miller
11-08-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Red Wine Cage

kill hannah rules and that's all there is to it.

...In Shittybandland, maybe.

twice
11-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Kill Kill Hannah

oooOoOOoO how clever!

Red Wine Cage
11-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller

...In Shittybandland, maybe.
i never specified where they ruled so :p

DeviousJ
11-08-2002, 10:53 PM

i never specified where they ruled so :p

So you're not denying it?

O'Doyle Rules
11-09-2002, 12:23 AM
they insanely suck, is why. (even for mainstream)

Red Wine Cage
11-09-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by DeviousJ

So you're not denying it?
yes, i am denying it. they rule.
but i do not deny that netphorians are way to nazi-ish with their music

professional wannabe
11-09-2002, 03:28 AM
Kill Kill Hannah

boooooooooooooooooooooooo.............

(EDIT) but then again, Zacharius(lol darcy...), does have a point about their newer stuff slowly getting worser. i have to definately agree with him on the fact that i don't like their newer songs they've made(and/or should i say, released) in the past year/11/2 yrs(almost the only exception to this recent trend of theirs is From Now On).

Lie
11-09-2002, 04:04 AM
They don't really have the stamina to be a good band <i>or</i> make it mainstream.

Red Wine Cage
11-10-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Lie
They don't really have the stamina to be a good band <i>or</i> make it mainstream.
they've been at it for 7 years.

they have stamina. that's atleast ONE thing they do have.

erin
11-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Screw you all.

KH is a really good band..and they're probably one of the best bands I've seen live..and they're really nice guys.

James Eats Pez
11-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by erin
Screw you all.

KH is a really good band..and they're probably one of the best bands I've seen live..and they're really nice guys.

hey erin, lets invade netphoria2gether ;)

Penny Lane
11-12-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by James Eats Pez

hey erin, lets invade netphoria2gether ;) tags along. hehe.

Red Wine Cage
11-12-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Penny Lane
tags along. hehe.
*follows you*

James Eats Pez
11-12-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Penny Lane
tags along. hehe.

omg hi julie i think you're pretty for a girl ;)

B0lly
11-12-2002, 02:30 PM
:warp: Once again the almight B0lly has decended from his cloud in the sky to educate the youngins. I, B0lly, hath proclaimed that Kill Hannah shall be the future of Chicago music. Of course, they're greatest shall never even rival mine; but they shall still rock. ::gets back in O-Boader drawn carriage and rides off into the sunset:::mrpimp:

Jesse Miller
11-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by B0lly
:warp: Once again the almight B0lly has decended from his cloud in the sky to educate the youngins. I, B0lly, hath proclaimed that Kill Hannah shall be the future of Chicago music. Of course, they're greatest shall never even rival mine; but they shall still rock. ::gets back in O-Boader drawn carriage and rides off into the sunset:::mrpimp:

Your new band is just as horrible as Audioslave. Please give up.

Penny Lane
11-13-2002, 06:55 PM

omg hi julie i think you're pretty for a girl ;) oh hi julius...you really whip a llama's ass!:D

Sux2BHannah
11-13-2002, 07:54 PM
*follows everyone* personally i dig kill hannah. (please don't murder me for the user name... i thought about changen it to something else... but i would feel outta place..anywho).

They have mad shows and i find (the majority... definitely not all) kh fans purtty kool. I definitely agree with what is being said about their newer shit. It's not horrible... but there is a definite change. It's almost like they are trying to make the new stuff sound like the old stuff... and are failing miserably.

as long as they continue to play their older stuff (especially if they continue with the tradition they have started of bringing back one really old school song every metro show) i will continue listening. *shrug* it's not like if you like a band it's the ONLY band you can EVER listen too... of course there are better bands out there... there is no end the world of music.

whoever said that they are being put in the same category as POD and whoever else... i strongly disagree. I think they are trying to write stuff that is more radio friendly than some of their previous shit, but i would not place them in that category. I mean, if you listen, they are a completely different type of music

and yes, they are nice guys... and although the actual sound of the music place the largest role in me deciding whether or not i like a band... knowing that the musicians are total assholes is a large turn off.

but this is all just my own opinion... let the flaming start.

twice
11-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Sux2BHannah
*follows everyone* personally i dig kill hannah. (please don't murder me for the user name... i thought about changen it to something else... but i would feel outta place..anywho).

They have mad shows and i find (the majority... definitely not all) kh fans purtty kool. I definitely agree with what is being said about their newer shit. It's not horrible... but there is a definite change. It's almost like they are trying to make the new stuff sound like the old stuff... and are failing miserably.

as long as they continue to play their older stuff (especially if they continue with the tradition they have started of bringing back one really old school song every metro show) i will continue listening. *shrug* it's not like if you like a band it's the ONLY band you can EVER listen too... of course there are better bands out there... there is no end the world of music.

whoever said that they are being put in the same category as POD and whoever else... i strongly disagree. I think they are trying to write stuff that is more radio friendly than some of their previous shit, but i would not place them in that category. I mean, if you listen, they are a completely different type of music

and yes, they are nice guys... and although the actual sound of the music place the largest role in me deciding whether or not i like a band... knowing that the musicians are total assholes is a large turn off.

but this is all just my own opinion... let the flaming start.

wonderful. your statement fucked over any credibility to the music. great.

Sux2BHannah
11-13-2002, 08:47 PM
how did i manage to do that?

spa ced
11-13-2002, 08:58 PM
Man, you guys are sure going to gain a lot of indie cred points when Kill Hannah makes it big.
You can probably cash them in at a Peter Piper Pizza for a slinky.

Red Wine Cage
11-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by sp_aced
Man, you guys are sure going to gain a lot of indie cred points when Kill Hannah makes it big.
You can probably cash them in at a Peter Piper Pizza for a slinky.
people that know i like kh think i'm some guy who only likes indie shit. for some reason, i consider kh far from indie. *shrug*

James Eats Pez
11-13-2002, 10:19 PM

wonderful. your statement fucked over any credibility to the music. great.

ignore him alex, he's just jealous you're :cool:

Penny Lane
11-13-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by sp_aced
You can probably cash them in at a Peter Piper Pizza for a slinky. Heh heh, I'll be able to contend with people at my school who claim they fell in love with the Hives before they even set foot in America. Woohoo! I'm reaching for the $64,000 prize:p

twice
11-13-2002, 10:45 PM

ignore him alex, he's just jealous you're :cool:

kill hannah is awesome...that statement was just poorly written and thought out...making kh fans look idiotic.

and by the way mr pez, i'm female. ;)

James Eats Pez
11-13-2002, 10:47 PM

kill hannah is awesome...that statement was just poorly written and thought out...making kh fans look idiotic.

if you want idiotic statements try going to http://www.killhannah.com/ikonboard/

the o-board pales in comparison to that place.

Sux2BHannah
11-13-2002, 11:47 PM

lol i second that julius (about the KH boards)

twice- explain to me how my statement was "poorly written adn thought out" i thought it made perfect sense. (side note- i'm not picking a fight (though i here that that's what goes on a lot on here) i'm just curious.

Cherub Angel
11-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Sux2BHannah

twice- explain to me how my statement was "poorly written adn thought out" i thought it made perfect sense. (side note- i'm not picking a fight (though i here that that's what goes on a lot on here) i'm just curious.

hi alex!!

I'd like to know why too. I agree about the new stuff. Their old stuff is good and gave a lot of potential to the band, but this new stuff is crap compared to it. They do put on a pretty good show, lots of energy to it, but the new songs need to get better. :)

Sux2BHannah
11-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel

hi alex!!

I'd like to know why too. I agree about the new stuff. Their old stuff is good and gave a lot of potential to the band, but this new stuff is crap compared to it. They do put on a pretty good show, lots of energy to it, but the new songs need to get better. :)

hey jenny! agreed... they need more... i dunno... umph behind their songs. i guess meaning may be a better word than umph. yeah.

see ya in la clase de natacion manana (can ya tell i've been studying spanish for the past eh *looks at watch* 2 hours or so?

James Eats Pez
11-15-2002, 01:11 AM
kh needs to decide what they sound like. their evolution as a band has been uncertain, with so many incarnations and band members coming and going. mat devine is the only member left of kill hannah's first actual lineup, and they're sound and image has changed so much over the years. they're pretty much ignoring the amazing material they've written over the years in favor of generical shiny alternative music designed to appeal radio and music television. and even these two mediums are now unsure of themselves, with the public growing dissatisfied with alternative music, finding comfort in more original and innovative bands like the white stripes and the vines. where kill hannah will fit in in the future, if they do at all, is a question their fans are sure to think about.

James Eats Pez
11-15-2002, 01:13 AM
kh needs to decide what they sound like. their evolution as a band has been uncertain, with so many incarnations and band members coming and going. mat devine is the only member left of kill hannah's first actual lineup, and they're sound and image has changed so much over the years. they're pretty much ignoring the amazing material they've written over the years in favor of generical shiny alternative music designed to appeal radio and music television. and even these two mediums are now unsure of themselves, with the public growing dissatisfied with alternative music, finding comfort in more original and innovative bands like the white stripes and the vines. where kill hannah will fit in in the future, if they do at all, is a question their fans are sure to think about.

go back to gbs

Red Wine Cage
11-15-2002, 05:21 PM

more original and innovative bands like the white stripes and the vines.
their is nothing original, nor innovative about either of those bands

James Eats Pez
11-16-2002, 02:21 PM

their is nothing original, nor innovative about either of those bands

it is to the general mtv public.

Red Wine Cage
11-16-2002, 11:02 PM

it is to the general mtv public.
true.

you know what i don't like? when i overhear someone trying to be a musical know it all, talking about how the vines/hive/etc are just doing what's been done many years ago like it's not obvious.

it's like okay, people, it's very clear that they didn't start anything. do you want a cookie or perhaps indie cred for that shining, obvious statement??

(by the way, i'm not being sarcastic with you, my first reponse just reminded me of people i don't like)

Tired of "Me"
11-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Why should they be?

Red Wine Cage
11-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Tired of &quot;Me&quot;
Why should they be?
i'm not sure why matt (ihaman) thinks they should be, but i would they would be because of their insanely larege fan base spreading the word (even carson daly supports them) and they have tremendously catchy songs.
what else does the fickle public need besides "cute" guys and catchy songs?