View Full Version : should I get this?

SPZero
11-05-2002, 01:05 AM
http://www.altecmm.com/product_details.asp?pID=641&sID=1

http://www.altecmm.com/images/641_l.jpg

I need some new speakers for my laptop that will be loud and clear. I'm also looking for a lot of bass and I think these will give me that. Anyone know anything about speakers?

Mr. Rhinoceros
11-05-2002, 01:08 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">NO NEVER GET THAT.</font>

Johnny Zoloft
11-05-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

probably a very good idea.

SPZero
11-05-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

what is your reasoning?

SPZero
11-05-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by killtheyouth
i like my hardon kumons. roofs!

great!

The Jackyl
11-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Clear highs, decernable mids, and real deep bass.

Some cons though is that it's not 5.1, doesn't have any digital inputs (for use with Dolby Digital and DTS), and is dependent on it's remote (so if your remote breaks your screwed till you can find a replacement). Also check out Klipsch's ProMedia 4.1 (same price range as the Altec)

SPZero
11-05-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by The Jackyl
Clear highs, decernable mids, and real deep bass.

Some cons though is that it's not 5.1, doesn't have any digital inputs (for use with Dolby Digital and DTS), and is dependent on it's remote (so if your remote breaks your screwed till you can find a replacement). Also check out Klipsch's ProMedia 4.1 (same price range as the Altec)

I'm running this from a laptop and I don't really need the 5.1. I thought the remote is pretty cool actually. My roomate has the klipsch 4.1 and they are loud as fuck but they are more expensive than the altecs too. I can get the altecs for about 150 including shipping. Also, does it matter what soundcard you have in your computer? I have something like soundmax digital audio or some shit in my laptop.

Karl Malone
11-05-2002, 07:57 PM
Karl Malone say you steal them.

SPZero
11-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Karl Malone
Karl Malone say you steal them.

you could buy them for me you rich bastard!

The Jackyl
11-06-2002, 03:25 AM
Yes the sound card matters alot. If you have a crappy sound card it doesn't matter how nice a speaker system you have, it's still gonna sound shitty. As far as audio cards go I like the Creative Labs Audigy Platinum. My friend recently bought the C.L. Extigy (the laptop version) and loves it as well. Though you are lookin at like 150 for the Extigy as well.

It really depends on what you are going to be using your computer for. Me and my friend both use ours for video editing and music creation so those are things we are ready to blow a few extra bucks on.

Karl Malone
11-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by SPZero

you could buy them for me you rich bastard!

Karl Malone only do that if you played with Karl Malone's "mailman".

frail_and_bedazzled
11-06-2002, 10:50 PM
i have no idea what you people are talking about. my discman doesn't even have a cover for the battery compartment :(