View Full Version : why the metro dvd will NEVER be released...

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 03:42 PM
a moment of madness. who cares!! bye yal!! im sure you'l all be glad to see me go. i know i am. the world is full of suckers, and they all hangout here....

Spaldz
03-02-2004, 03:47 PM
So then why were alot of things released? Alot of videos sell nowhere near as much as that

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Spaldz
Alot of videos sell nowhere near as much as that

maybe on smaller labels. things are released by bigger companies so they can build up a base to sell more releases in the future. you cant build on a band that isnt there. besides, it was just a thought.

Rockin' Cherub
03-02-2004, 03:53 PM
how many vieuphoria and greatest hits videos were sold until now?

guz
03-02-2004, 03:54 PM
wait, wait...so there are 20,000 pumpkins fans?

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub
how many vieuphoria and greatest hits videos were sold until now?
how the feck am i suppose to know? why are you asking me? do i have 'b0lly' written on my forehead? i wasnt stating a fact, i was just invoking a thought.

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 04:01 PM
it comes down to this. if it was lucrative, they would have released it, and they havent.

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by guz
wait, wait...so there are 20,000 pumpkins fans?

good point. still, the longer they sit on it, the more fans will move on to someone else, and eventually, we'll all be old fuckers and the 'kids' will be lovin' busteds greatest hits or sum like shat.

Isle
03-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by fenderblender

good point. still, the longer they sit on it, the more fans will move on to someone else, and eventually, we'll all be old fuckers and the 'kids' will be lovin' busteds greatest hits or sum like shat.

hey I LIKE BUSTED.

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Isle

hey I LIKE BUSTED.

then you should reach for the nearest rifle.

Spaldz
03-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Isle

hey I LIKE BUSTED.

Yeah but Busted are just pure quality. I've met them and they're decent blokes

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Spaldz

Yeah but Busted are just pure quality. I've met them and they're decent blokes

there blokes?! (on the outside maybe)

Ensoul
03-02-2004, 04:37 PM
those statistics are weak.

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Ensoul
those statistics are weak.

so blow me.

Mayfuck
03-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah that was a lame way to derive the number of Pumpkins fans.

Judging by their record sales there's still gotta be like 500,000 to a million SP fans out there. I mean that's how many stuck out with MACHINA. Plus international fans...they've got a couple million ranging from the hardcore fans to casual fans. It would be profitable for a smaller label to put out the Metro DVD.

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Yeah that was a lame way to derive the number of Pumpkins fans.

Judging by their record sales there's still gotta be like 500,000 to a million SP fans out there. I mean that's how many stuck out with MACHINA. Plus international fans...they've got a couple million ranging from the hardcore fans to casual fans. It would be profitable for a smaller label to put out the Metro DVD.

your reading skills are 'lame'. virgin wont let it go, that would mean losing money. and they aint gonna release it either. so go dig out your busted cd's.

guz
03-02-2004, 04:58 PM
your reading skills are 'lame'. virgin wont let it go, that would mean losing money. and they aint gonna release it either. so go dig out your busted cd's. i believe virgin relinquishes it's rights to the material after a number of years, allowing BC or whomever to have it released elsewhere.

Mayfuck
03-02-2004, 04:59 PM

your reading skills are 'lame'. virgin wont let it go, that would mean losing money. and they aint gonna release it either. so go dig out your busted cd's.

You are kind of stupid.

20,000?

Idiot.

And your "band" sucks too.

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by guz
i believe virgin relinquishes it's rights to the material after a number of years, allowing BC or whomever to have it released elsewhere.

tis true, and a reliable source at V2 tells me it will proberbly be around 8 years. he also said it can be bought from them for the right price. so maybe a certain millionaire musician should do that.... i think not.

fenderblender
03-02-2004, 05:02 PM

You are kind of stupid.

20,000?

Idiot.

hehe, its a big man who hides behind a username. u dumb fuck.

Dead
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
I always assumed that SP could just buy the rights to Metro and release it themselves. But according to Jimmy the contract runs out in 2006 or 2007 and then they're gonna put it out after that. I guess they're being frugal. :rolleyes:

guz
03-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Dead
I always assumed that SP could just buy the rights to Metro and release it themselves. But according to Jimmy the contract runs out in 2006 or 2007 and then they're gonna put it out after that. I guess they're being frugal. :rolleyes: why throw money away like that? Virgin isn't going to offer them the video for a couple grand or anything. they are doing the logical thing in waiting it out.

Dead
03-02-2004, 05:41 PM

Way to stay on topic, asshole.

http://www.emotioneric.com/mathiseasy.jpg

Isle
03-02-2004, 06:02 PM

http://www.emotioneric.com/mathiseasy.jpg

omg he's RIGHT!!!

Ensoul
03-02-2004, 06:22 PM
oh. you left now? cool.

Axis of Action
03-02-2004, 06:43 PM
I always assumed that SP could just buy the rights to Metro and release it themselves. But according to Jimmy the contract runs out in 2006 or 2007 and then they're gonna put it out after that. I guess they're being frugal. :rolleyes:

Interesting, I didn't know that about the contract, not surprising though. It seems a little frugal, but it's probably ... a little business savvy to just let it sit for a while. Led Zeppelin didn't release their first solid live stuff (The Song Remains the Same aside) until last year, a good 23 years after their break up. ;) We'll be lucky if we see it in 2007 or 2008.

The Gaddrow
03-02-2004, 06:49 PM
and a reliable source at V2 tells me it will proberbly be around 8 years. Your "reliable source" is wrong.

Lunadisarm
03-03-2004, 01:30 AM
Editing four hours of footage from multiple cameras has to be pretty expensive. I bet costs ran pretty high from that.

Dead
03-03-2004, 01:34 AM
They probably edited it down to 2 hours. Cutting breaks and screwups and the less popular songs and stage banter. :noway:

GrungeGuy
03-03-2004, 01:56 AM
They probably edited it down to 2 hours. Cutting breaks and screwups and the less popular songs and stage banter. :noway:
God I hope not. I wanna see it all. Even the errors (the band starting Rocket before the MCIS CD went off. CLASSIC!) If they edit the DVD I would hope they release the unedited audio. That can't be that expensive.

Dead
03-03-2004, 02:07 AM
I would bet they cut out the screwups.

Rockin' Cherub
03-03-2004, 11:24 AM

how the feck am i suppose to know? why are you asking me? do i have 'b0lly' written on my forehead? i wasnt stating a fact, i was just invoking a thought.
huh. i didn't want to attack you. i just wanted to know if it was profitable. probably there are less pumpkins fans now than back then...