View Full Version : So what do you guys think of The Flaming Lips' Egg and Acid?

House of Bread
11-04-2002, 10:55 PM
I got the day they shot a hole in the Jesus egg.....it's alright. There are some really strong tracks on it. What do you guys think....and what are your favorite tracks?

I'm especially enjoying Rainin' Babies and Unconcsciously Screamin'

Finsta
11-04-2002, 11:24 PM
These are box sets

We are poor folks here.

Best Looking Boy
11-05-2002, 12:43 AM
Jesus Egg is the normal price of a CD. I like it as much as Priest Driven Ambulance. har har.

Jesse Miller
11-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Siamese33
I got the day they shot a hole in the Jesus egg.....it's alright. There are some really strong tracks on it. What do you guys think....and what are your favorite tracks?

I'm especially enjoying Rainin' Babies and Unconcsciously Screamin'

I really mean you no offense or flame, but if you actually knew the Priest album, you'd realize how much of a fucking fantastic job of remixing and remastering was done on Jesus Egg. They made that record sound like fucking gold (not to say it wasn't great to begin with). Just as well, if you had heard the soundquality of the circulating Muchroom Tapes, you'd appreciate the entire second disc.

I'm sorry if this seems stuck up or elitist, but it is how I feel; It seems as though you are taking Acid and Jesus for granted. If you are new to Preist, then that's fine. But remember that it was mostly the unreleased stuff that prompted the band to release all this stuff...

NP: When You Smile

House of Bread
11-05-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller

I really mean you no offense or flame, but if you actually knew the Priest album, you'd realize how much of a fucking fantastic job of remixing and remastering was done on Jesus Egg. They made that record sound like fucking gold (not to say it wasn't great to begin with). Just as well, if you had heard the soundquality of the circulating Muchroom Tapes, you'd appreciate the entire second disc.

I'm sorry if this seems stuck up or elitist, but it is how I feel; It seems as though you are taking Acid and Jesus for granted. If you are new to Preist, then that's fine. But remember that it was mostly the unreleased stuff that prompted the band to release all this stuff...

NP: When You Smile

no offense taken. This is the first early lips stuff that I've heard. So I see where you're comin from. I mean, the album has completely grown on me, and I'm really lovin it for what it is.

Jesse Miller
11-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it really grows on you... Just listen to Five Stop Mother Superior Rain a few more times and it'll be all OK...

NP: Shine On Sweet Jesus! No, really...

Best Looking Boy
11-05-2002, 06:19 PM
For the record, I was just kidding. I fucking love this, or I wouldn't have bought it even though I have Priest.