View Full Version : I've been a vegetarian for seven years and even I hate PETA...

Tessellation
11-04-2002, 06:22 PM
They are terrorists, to put it simply. To hurl garbage cans through Macy's windows, to beat people that buy fur coats, et. all is criminal. Many people will simply never change their ways, and using physical force is the most brutish, neanderthalish way to prove a point...

Kalsedony
11-04-2002, 06:23 PM
I agree. PETA's bullshit. They care too much about starting shit and not enough about the animals.

Tessellation
11-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Kalsedony
I agree. PETA's bullshit. They care too much about starting shit and not enough about the animals.

exactly.

Tessellation
11-04-2002, 06:29 PM
there is no evidence WHATSOEVER to support their claim that drinking milk can lead to cancer. If there's one good thing about 9/11, its that the authorities aren't going to be taking too much crap from them any longer...

Undone
11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
<font color="CC33CC">I have mixed feelings about PETA. On the one hand, they have a huge and easily accessible database of information, have fun activities, and are well-known, for better or worse. On the other hand, the things you are bringing up really makes one question credibility. Just about everything is a carcinogen to some level, including soy products. So while it wouldn't surprise me that dairy (or at least Monsanto's chemicals thrown into the dairy) could have some cancer causing qualities, I wouldn't base a campaign around it. I also had no idea that PETA promoted a campaign involving throwing stuff through windows; as far as I know, that could be something done by stupid PETA members and not endorsed by the organization itself. There are plenty of smaller organizations that aren't quite as built up, but are more efficient and respectable.</font>

Kalsedony
11-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Anyone remember those ads about the obese people having to pay for two seats and PETA claiming if they were vegetarians, they wouldn't be in that situation in the first place?

They took that ad down pretty quick.

Undone
11-04-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Kalsedony
Anyone remember those ads about the obese people having to pay for two seats and PETA claiming if they were vegetarians, they wouldn't be in that situation in the first place?

They took that ad down pretty quick.

<font color="CC33CC">:eek: Ah man. They can really give the rest of us a bad name. I do a good enough job giving myself a bad name.</font>

Toast
11-04-2002, 07:29 PM
Yeah, PETA can blow themselves. I'm for animal rights and everything, but if my house is full of cockroaches I'm gonna have them exterminated, ya know?

Samsa
11-04-2002, 07:30 PM
i think they have good intentions but have issues turning those intentions into like. yeah. i think they mean well though. but a lot of the shit they do is not very nice.

Smiley33
11-04-2002, 07:57 PM
hey, I just had an epiphany!

noir cat
11-05-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Smiley33
hey, I just had an epiphany!

Pet A ... what?

Smiley33
11-05-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Enisled

ewwww! girls don't do that!

that's what YOU think, d00d!

Smiley33
11-05-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by undivinemartyr

Pet A ... what?

what's that, ceci? :D

Johnny Zoloft
11-05-2002, 02:08 AM
hm. i don't know much about 'em. post a link to their site.