View Full Version : Adore Documentary?


Ganymede33
07-25-2002, 01:24 PM
A friend told me it was cancelled. Did it actually come out on DVD or something?

[This message has been edited by Ganymede33 (edited 07-31-2002).]

Green Plastic
07-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Not sure.

Speaking of the documentary though, what ever happened with the Adore movie? That was so ridiculous...

JoaoMiguel
07-25-2002, 05:08 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ganymede33:
Vince told me it was cancelled. Did it actually come out on DVD ro something?</font>

You mean the one they showed on MTV?
I like your avatar (again)
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

aldango
07-25-2002, 08:28 PM
www.smashingpumpkins.com (http://www.smashingpumpkins.com) ?

Boycott Graceland
07-25-2002, 08:34 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Green Plastic:

Speaking of the documentary though, what ever happened with the Adore movie? That was so ridiculous...</font>

it has venis kasperov as a lead role in it, so you know it's gotta be good. if she was here, she'd say:

eYE wANT 2 C iT 2, bUT eYE M sO dUM eYE wOULDNT rEALIZE iF eYE wAS wATCHING iT.


[This message has been edited by Boycott Graceland (edited 07-25-2002).]

Ganymede33
07-25-2002, 11:57 PM
Aren't the Adore documentary and film the same, or did some idiot come up with an idea to make a story plot out of the album like "The Wall?"

------------------
BACKACHE? Why not have your Spine removed?

Cunningham & Blair - Spinosuction is our specialty

Cheap, Odor Free! (no Refunds)

jackboot7
07-26-2002, 07:05 AM
Didn't he want donations from people to fund it aswell?

Nidhogg
07-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Adore movie? Wait just a dash-burn minute...

------------------
Marrow
Marrow
Silent Sparrow

Ganymede33
07-26-2002, 03:26 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by jackboot7:
Didn't he want donations from people to fund it aswell?</font>

What are you talking about? Billy should have more than enough money to fund the project. Wait... is he still in that dress?

------------------
BACKACHE? Why not have your Spine removed?

Cunningham & Blair - Spinosuction is our specialty

Cheap, Odor Free! (no Refunds)

Green Plastic
07-26-2002, 03:45 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Ganymede33:
What are you talking about? Billy should have more than enough money to fund the project. Wait... is he still in that dress?</font>

Que?

wangcomputers
07-26-2002, 05:12 PM
i think i have the adore documentary.

it has the band talking about the inspiration for the album, and some of billy talking about how it's about love, which he associates with how he treated jimmy. (for his own good- sort of thing)

it also has billy playing ava adore acoustic on his own at the four doors thing, and the 3 members playing 'once in a while' on the same keyboard together.

my version ends with a japanese section where they show clips of a concert in japan, the interview is just with billy and james.
billy says something, (i can remember it quite well from memory) "music is just like a sandwich, you eat it and eat it, and then when it's gone you say "hey, where did it go? I ate it so fast, I didn't get to taste it....and then you burp *billy does a real burp*..and that's music"<font color=black>

[This message has been edited by wangcomputers (edited 07-26-2002).]

Nidhogg
07-26-2002, 05:42 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by wangcomputers:
i think i have the adore documentary.

it has the band talking about the inspiration for the album, and some of billy talking about how it's about love, which he associates with how he treated jimmy. (for his own good- sort of thing)

it also has billy playing ava adore acoustic on his own at the four doors thing, and the 3 members playing 'once in a while' on the same keyboard together.

my version ends with a japanese section where they show clips of a concert in japan, the interview is just with billy and james.
billy says something, (i can remember it quite well from memory) "music is just like a sandwich, you eat it and eat it, and then when it's gone you say "hey, where did it go? I ate it so fast, I didn't get to taste it....and then you burp *billy does a real burp*..and that's music"<font color=black>

[This message has been edited by wangcomputers (edited 07-26-2002).]</font>

cool


------------------
Marrow
Marrow
Silent Sparrow

tststststsouthbound pachyderm

"I smell like vitamin C, rose oil, and old dirty socks."
-Flea

Reyngel
07-26-2002, 08:34 PM
The Adore movie was some private project that sounded like it was going to be cool, but ended up as shit since all that happened was "supposed" casting, requests for donations, and ideas thrown around.

The Adore documentary is on the official site. Although, I've never seen this "Japanese ending" part. The rest is all the same though. Scenes of the band recording the album, like Billy doing multiple takes of For Martha, acoustic Let Me Give the World To You, Flood mixing Pug and Dusty/Pistol Pete, Joey doing the drums for Perfect, James doing the effects for Shame, Billy adding lots of commentary about making the album himself, talking about how he "understands the responsibility of love" for the first time in his life, etc, etc.

C33
07-30-2002, 02:03 AM
anyhow, it's available for download on my site. url in sig.

and please, Nidhogg, it's
narrow
marrow
silent sparrow

------------------
~Blue Skies Bring Tears~
http://www.greyafternoon.tk

wangcomputers
07-30-2002, 05:26 AM
oh yeah one other memorable thing about the adore documentary is this:

James: ..if drum machines could talk
Darcy: they don't talk back, that's for sure!


teehee

Reyngel
07-30-2002, 09:24 AM
One of my favorite parts is when Billy's talking about how it would be easier producing alone, because by the time he explained his vision to someone else, he could have already done it himself... there's a look he gives to someone, when he's resting his face on his hand... kind of a sarcastic, "Oh, is that right?" kind of look. Haha.... it's great.

I also love the part where James is improvising the effects in Shame. And I like the part where Flood is mixing Pug. And, and, and....

[This message has been edited by Reyngel (edited 07-30-2002).]

Ganymede33
07-31-2002, 09:06 PM
cool