View Full Version : show question

dean moriaty
02-12-2004, 07:50 PM
hi,

it's been about 5 years since i heard this show and i can't remember which it is...

james starts playing a song (not sp i'm sure) and billy says something like 'they don't know that song here'

i thought it was the show off the drown boot but spfc doesn't show any teases were played.

basically i wanted to know the date and what song intro it was that was played.

sorry i can't remember any more.

thanks in advance

ZackZ
02-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Was it "boys don't cry"? Fuck, I know I have that show on my computer but it will take a while to find seeing as I have like 100 shows.

While I was searching for it though, I found one of those things that make you say "HOLY SHIT." Oslo 10/22/2000, at the end of "Once in a Lifetime" (track 10) Billy breaks out into "A National Acrobat." Fucking crazy.

Myxomatosis
02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by dean moriaty
james starts playing a song (not sp i'm sure) and billy says something like 'they don't know that song here'

Sounds familiar, but I couldn't say for certain.

Somewhat off-topic, but I don't care -- I just downloaded the Cinci show from 12/11/93, and I love when James says, "Raise your hand if you've read Beowulf." Typical random Iha line. :D

CrabbMan
02-13-2004, 02:51 AM
It was Boston's Peace of Mind, which they played at the Lowlands Festival in Dronten, NL on August the 27th, 1993.
Heh, and you are right, it is on the Drown bootleg, though it is not listed on the Drown bootleg page on the spfc. I don't have the Drown bootleg, but I do have a copy of the Lowlands show, mmm it's good and fun.

Thought I'm not sure if it's James or Billy playing. Any way to tell? Who was the Boston fan?

Isle
02-13-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Myxomatosis

"Raise your hand if you've read Beowulf." Typical random Iha line. :D

LOL! i love james...wonder how much time he spent on the tourbus thinking up that crap

Boycott Graceland
02-13-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by dean moriaty
hi,

it's been about 5 years since i heard this show and i can't remember which it is...

i thought it was the show off the drown boot but spfc doesn't show any teases were played.

basically i wanted to know the date and what song intro it was that was played.

sorry i can't remember any more.

thanks in advance
i'm pretty sure it's "the cutting edge."

http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/boot.html?boot_id=22

they don't have any teases listed, but i'm almost certain that's the show.

i'm not sure what the song was. i remember someone saying it was a CCR song, but it didn't really sound like that.

CrabbMan
02-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland

i'm pretty sure it's "the cutting edge."

i'm not sure what the song was. i remember someone saying it was a CCR song, but it didn't really sound like that.

Dude, did you miss my post entirely? It's not CCR, it's Boston. The tease comes right after Drown.