View Full Version : Rasputina- Thanks for the Ether


Nate the Grate
11-02-2002, 10:12 PM
I bought this today on a whim, and I'm very satisified. It's incredibly interesting.

Samsa
11-02-2002, 10:21 PM
yeah it's good

Mayfuck
11-02-2002, 10:46 PM
Then it's time to get How We Quit the Forest and Cabin Fever.

Samsa
11-02-2002, 11:04 PM
oh. julio just informed me that i don't own thanks for the ether. sorry.

YeehaJamesIha
11-03-2002, 05:00 AM
Rasputina are great. I saw them in concert last week and it was really cool. Who knew a couple chicks with cellos could rock so hard?

vertencre
11-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Then it's time to get How We Quit the Forest and Cabin Fever.

yes. yes it is.

neophyte
11-03-2002, 08:27 PM
Wow, yes. If you liked Thanks for the Ether, do yourself a huge favor and don't delay in buying How We Quit the Forest and Cabin Fever. I think that Thanks for the Ether is the worst of the three.

~neophyte~

Samsa
11-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Then it's time to get How We Quit the Forest and Cabin Fever.

yeah those are the two i own. sorry for the mix-up. they're good.

Mason R Butler
11-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by YeehaJamesIha
Rasputina are great. I saw them in concert last week and it was really cool. Who knew a couple chicks with cellos could rock so hard?
I was quite suprised. They played too many cheesy covers though. It was kind of cute how the lead singer girl had all of this bizarre rehearsed-sounding between-song banter though.

YeehaJamesIha
11-04-2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by I Hate Music

I was quite suprised. They played too many cheesy covers though. It was kind of cute how the lead singer girl had all of this bizarre rehearsed-sounding between-song banter though.

I enjoyed the cheesy covers, myself. I already heard the cover of "wish you were here" and I was really happy to hear them play it live. I think I like it better than the original. And I enjoyed the zeppelin cover even though I don't like zeppelin. The solo ROCKED. I dunno, maybe I'm easy to please. I liked the whole thing, even the crazy opening band with the transit rider song.