View Full Version : An overrated bands poll


Crippler
11-02-2002, 10:04 PM
<font color="aquamarine">My vote goes to The Beatles. They may be bigger than Jesus, but I find them unlistenable.

sawdust restaurants
11-02-2002, 11:20 PM
I find the Cure boring. Tool as well, but there aren't too many vocal Cure haters here, so I'd like to step up to that plate.

Cactuar
11-02-2002, 11:39 PM
I voted for U2, as the rest of the bands on there at least had more than 1 good song.

Plus, the beatles are still bigger than jesus. Fuck you.

13
11-02-2002, 11:40 PM
U2 in incredibly overrated

Salena Child
11-02-2002, 11:41 PM
Pearl Jam & Tool

Crippler
11-02-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Cactuar
I voted for U2, as the rest of the bands on there at least had more than 1 good song.

Plus, the beatles are still bigger than jesus. Fuck you.

<font color="aquamarine">Anyone who hates U2 and likes Radiohead is insane. The two bands are about 75% alike.

Crippler
11-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower
Uh, right. Maybe on the Bends and Pablo Honey, but those both sucked, anyway.

<font color="aquamarine">And on about half of OK Computer, too.

And The Bends did not suck. You and Julio are the only people I know who think it does.

Irrelevant
11-03-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Cactuar
I voted for U2, as the rest of the bands on there at least had more than 1 good song.

well, u2 isn't that great but they have more than 1 good song i think. Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, The Sweetest Thing, Pride (in the name of love), Bullet the Blue Sky, The Fly, Lemon, Stay (far away, so close), and Desire are all pretty good, though probably not great apart from the first two. and Beautiful Day and Elevation aren't too bad.

Tessellation
11-03-2002, 01:40 AM
u2(these days)

sunny day real estate

flaming lips

some Beatles stuff

eminem

NIN

Pretty girls make graves

eels

ladytron(absolute shit)

peaches(one good song)

bright eyes

AFI

Latter Radiohead

moby

Tessellation
11-03-2002, 01:41 AM
oh, of course:


Tool

sawdust restaurants
11-03-2002, 02:07 AM
U2 was one of the best singles bands of the Eighties, and Achtung Baby is a full-out masterpiece. They do not, however, sound like Radiohead, except maybe on Pablo Honey and a few songs from The Bends.

Lie
11-03-2002, 06:37 AM
Those bands are all overrated, but it doesn't mean I don't like some of them.

INFECTED
11-03-2002, 09:17 AM
all of those bands are overrated

kypper
11-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Crippler


<font color="aquamarine">Anyone who hates U2 and likes Radiohead is insane. The two bands are about 75% alike.

no no no, you see... U2 sucks huge horse cock, whereas Radiohead rules. There IS a difference.

Seriously, Steve, Bono is a no-talent hack who makes wonderful little catchy tunes for your typical bubble-gum bebop crowd. The only fucking songs I can stand by them is Hold Me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me and Numb. Radiohead, on the other hand, is art... even Pablo Honey rules.

MstrGhost
11-03-2002, 01:40 PM
cure and radiohead are more overfuckingrated than tool. maybe its band with most talented players from those above.

jlo
11-03-2002, 02:48 PM
The Beatles: I love the last albuns; the first ones, if they were released now, they were like a boy band record

Radiohead: i only like the first album

U2: My favourite eighties band; nineties they sold out, too pop to me

Tool: excelent band!!! Aenima, one of the best abuns from last decade

Pearl Jam: i was a big PJ in the old grunge days and i still like their work

Nirvana: i never liked them

The Cure; another cool band from the eighties but they should have stopped a long time ago

Crippler
11-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by kypper


no no no, you see... U2 sucks huge horse cock, whereas Radiohead rules. There IS a difference.

Seriously, Steve, Bono is a no-talent hack who makes wonderful little catchy tunes for your typical bubble-gum bebop crowd. The only fucking songs I can stand by them is Hold Me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me and Numb. Radiohead, on the other hand, is art... even Pablo Honey rules.


<font color="aquamarine">I'm sorry, but Pablo Honey sucks balls, Kyp. Well, Creep doesn't, but that's it.

And anyone who says that Bono is a no-talent hack hasn't listened to Achtung Baby or The Unforgettable Fire...two of the finest recordings ever.

Need I also remind you that you like Tool (SNORE)? Having said that, your dislike of U2 is hertofore laughable considering that.

PS: Numb is obnoxious...probably the closest U2 ever got to sounding like Radiohead in their Kid A days. Hold Me Thrill Me, however, was awesome.

jlo
11-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kypper


Seriously, Steve, Bono is a no-talent hack who makes wonderful little catchy tunes for your typical bubble-gum bebop crowd. The only fucking songs I can stand by them is Hold Me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me and Numb. Radiohead, on the other hand, is art... even Pablo Honey rules.

Seems to me you never listen War and The Joshua Tree albuns. If you call sunday Bloody Sunday, Seconds and New Year`s Day a "little catchy tunes for your typical bubble-gum bebop crowd", well, you gotta inform me wich radiohead songs are provocative in a political way were this songs speaks about a tragedy that occurs every day in Irland, two diferent religions who can`t live side by side and no one can`t have a solution to that problem. It`s the same thing that`s hapenning in Israel.

THRILLHO
11-03-2002, 06:35 PM
i voted for tool, even though i like them more than the cure and pearl jam.
it's just so true what they say about tool fans thinking they're the greatest thing since tits.

frail_and_bedazzled
11-03-2002, 06:57 PM
i <3 the bends

Crippler
11-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by THRILLHO

it's just so true what they say about tool fans thinking they're the greatest thing since tits.

<font color="aquamarine">Amen to that.

Eulogy
11-03-2002, 08:14 PM
I don't know any Tool fans that think Tool is the greatest thing since tits.

But then again, I don't know any Tool fans.

:-/

ChristHimself!
11-03-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Crippler
<font color="aquamarine">I'm sorry, but Pablo Honey sucks balls, Kyp. Well, Creep doesn't, but that's it.</font>

That's false. Anyone can play guitar, you, blow out.. just shag creep up the ass.. it's well overrated and overplayed, it's radiohead's smells like teen spirit.

Originally posted by Crippler
<font color="aquamarine">
PS: Numb is obnoxious...probably the closest U2 ever got to sounding like Radiohead in their Kid A days.

:o

This is also false. Even if you don't like the fact that the genius known as the edge is right in your face and this song is just funky and runs perfectly listen to Bono's backing singing...

King of the Horseflies
11-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Crippler
<font color="aquamarine">My vote goes to The Beatles. They may be bigger than Jesus, but I find them unlistenable.

foreal

i knew tool would be voted pretty high. there are way too many tool haters in this place. that's unfortunate.

down with the beatles

we all live in a yellow submarine... brilliant :rolleyes:

kypper
11-04-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Crippler



<font color="aquamarine">I'm sorry, but Pablo Honey sucks balls, Kyp. Well, Creep doesn't, but that's it.

And anyone who says that Bono is a no-talent hack hasn't listened to Achtung Baby or The Unforgettable Fire...two of the finest recordings ever.

Need I also remind you that you like Tool (SNORE)? Having said that, your dislike of U2 is hertofore laughable considering that.

PS: Numb is obnoxious...probably the closest U2 ever got to sounding like Radiohead in their Kid A days. Hold Me Thrill Me, however, was awesome.

Pablo is awesome. All of it.

I've listened to both U2 albums. I detest them with a passion. I used to like them, and have gradually come to want to gut Bono with a rusty potatoe peeler as time goes by.

So you don't like tool... I'm assuming Floyd is dull to you as well. :rolleyes:

kypper
11-04-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by jlo


Seems to me you never listen War and The Joshua Tree albuns. If you call sunday Bloody Sunday, Seconds and New Year`s Day a "little catchy tunes for your typical bubble-gum bebop crowd", well, you gotta inform me wich radiohead songs are provocative in a political way were this songs speaks about a tragedy that occurs every day in Irland, two diferent religions who can`t live side by side and no one can`t have a solution to that problem. It`s the same thing that`s hapenning in Israel.

Oi... fuck off people. I <i>have</i> heard these U2 albums. I have heard those 3 songs. New Years Day isn't bad, especially considering it was written by a more current U2.

Ireland is far more provocative, btw, than Israel. The cause of Israel is so much stupider, because it was done with UN support. Ireland began far earlier in our history.

And regardless of their fucking inspiration, they still suck ass. I don't give a damn if you're inspired by the light of god, if you sound like Bono with the Edge's shit-ass guitaring, you don't have anything worth listening to.

Virex_Gaze6
11-04-2002, 01:46 AM
U2 damm them!

13
11-04-2002, 04:39 AM
I chose U2 mostly because of their own shameless self promotion. Upon completion of their last album, Bono issued an open challenge to any band to even try to top their latest effort. Jackasses. Those guys would probably sell crack to nuns to come up with anything remotely kid a-ish. And then there's that whole thing with bono and Paul O'Neil. Please, bono, please lead us to the promised land. It's a beautiful daaaaayyyyyyyyy! Don't let it ah shut up!

YeehaJamesIha
11-04-2002, 05:19 AM
The only bands on there that I really love are The Cure and The Beatles. The rest I don't really give a shit about. I voted for Nirvana.

ravenguy2000
11-04-2002, 08:08 AM
Just because I don't like a band that everyone else does, doesn't mean that I think they are overrated. I mean, I don't particurarly like The Cure, but I know other people do, and The Cure means a lot to them. I don't think I'm arrogant enough to say they're "overrated." They just don't appeal to me. And I most certainly wouldn't call a band overrated based on their hard core fans' opinion of the band. I understand the opinion about a lot of Tool fans, but calling the band itself 'overrated' because of its fans is pretty reactionary in completely the wrong way, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and I hate The Bends as well. :)

ChristHimself!
11-04-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by ravenguy2000
Am I the only one who doesn't hear the U2/Radiohead connection at all.

I listen, I hear two completely different bands.

But Like Spinning Plates was totally inspired by One.

ravenguy2000
11-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Haha, fuck, you quoted that before I deleted it.

I'm not sure why I deleted it though, its still true.

U2 has written some incredible fucking songs. So has Radiohead. But they sound completely different to me.

smashingjj
11-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by jlo
The Beatles: I love the last albuns; the first ones, if they were released now, they were like a boy band record

Radiohead: i only like the first album

U2: My favourite eighties band; nineties they sold out, too pop to me

Tool: excelent band!!! Aenima, one of the best abuns from last decade

Pearl Jam: i was a big PJ in the old grunge days and i still like their work

Nirvana: i never liked them

The Cure; another cool band from the eighties but they should have stopped a long time ago WHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Mayfuck
11-04-2002, 10:41 AM
I think all of YOU guys are overrated.

scouse_dave
11-04-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 13
U2 in incredibly overrated US are incredibly overrated

13
11-04-2002, 09:12 PM
Wow thanks for pointing that out. I can't say that I'm not the least bit concerned considering the distance between s and n on the keyboard. heh

Don't do drugs!

http://jack.jt.org/tv/tmyk2.jpg http://jack.jt.org/tv/tmyk1.jpg

Mr. Rhinoceros
11-05-2002, 04:29 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">QUEEN.</font>

scouse_dave
11-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 13
Wow thanks for pointing that out. I can't say that I'm not the least bit concerned considering the distance between s and n on the keyboard. hehque?

Lhabia316
11-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Nirvana, and Pearl Jam

twice
11-05-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by scouse_dave
que?


en espanol, para su comprensiˇn:

Gracias de la ululaciˇn por se˝alar eso hacia fuera. No puedo decir que no soy el menos pedacito referido en vista de la distancia entre s y n en el del teclado. heh



and um...the beatles.

13
11-06-2002, 04:51 AM
Hey, you're better than my online translator! And what's the deal with tool getting so many votes?

Mr. Rhinoceros
11-06-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by 13
Hey, you're better than my online translator! And what's the deal with tool getting so many votes?

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">I think it's because the people on this board have only heard the radio songs, and mostly the ever tiresome "Sober" and decided that Tool stinks. Rather unfair I think. I didn't start praising them until I heard Lateralus and Ănema.</font>

The Gaddrow
11-06-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
I think all of YOU guys are overrated.

mono
11-06-2002, 07:55 AM
Modest Mouse
Flaming Lips
Bright Eyes
Eek A Mouse

mono
11-06-2002, 07:59 AM
Oh, how could I forget Nine Inch Nails...

Mr MacPhisto
11-06-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
I think all of YOU guys are overrated.


for once, i agree.

Crippler
11-07-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by kypper


I've listened to both U2 albums. I detest them with a passion. I used to like them, and have gradually come to want to gut Bono with a rusty potatoe peeler as time goes by.

And regardless of their fucking inspiration, they still suck ass. I don't give a damn if you're inspired by the light of god, if you sound like Bono with the Edge's shit-ass guitaring, you don't have anything worth listening to

So you don't like tool... I'm assuming Floyd is dull to you as well. :rolleyes:

<font color="aquamarine">You sound like my uncle, a guitar snob whose music taste is about as appealing as a root canal. He too, thinks U2 sucks and Pink Floyd rocks...But anyone who thinks, as he does, that bands like Boston>>>>>>>>>>>>U2 doesn't know good music from a kazoo solo.

"Shit-ass guitaring?" That's debatable.

And I do enjoy some Pink Floyd (Pink Floyd>>>>>>>>>>Tool). But let's face it: their lyrics leave a lot to be desired. Subtract the wanky yet excellent guitar playing on Comfortably Numb and you have half-assed lyrics Bono probably could write on a bar napkin while he's drunk off his ass.

Lie
11-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros


<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">I think it's because the people on this board have only heard the radio songs, and mostly the ever tiresome "Sober" and decided that Tool stinks. Rather unfair I think. I didn't start praising them until I heard Lateralus and Ănema.</font>

Interestingly enough, I've heard Undertow, Aenima, and most of Laturalus, and "Sober" is still my favorite song by them.

I don't think they're bad by any stretch of the imagination, though. I just personally don't care for them. I can listen to Aenima all the way through and appreciate it, and sometimes even really enjoy it, but there's just nothing there that grabs me, and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

sawdust restaurants
11-08-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">I think it's because the people on this board have only heard the radio songs, and mostly the ever tiresome "Sober" and decided that Tool stinks. Rather unfair I think. I didn't start praising them until I heard Lateralus and Ănema.</font> </font>

I'd be willing to bet that quite the contrary is true. I don't think Tool are the worst band on that list, but their fans (not you, but the majority) are annoying twats who should just stick with King Crimson, Floyd, et al.

13
11-08-2002, 03:52 AM
your mom is overrated

13
11-08-2002, 03:57 AM
Tool's appeal is generally limited to just their loyal core of fans, and can't be really regarded as an overrated band. Oh why I do I even bother? Nevermind!

Why Am I So Ugly?
11-08-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by mono

Bright Eyes

what? no! :noway:
if anything they deserve more praise and more notoriety

Dfresko
11-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Crippler


<font color="aquamarine">You sound like my uncle, a guitar snob whose music taste is about as appealing as a root canal. He too, thinks U2 sucks and Pink Floyd rocks...But anyone who thinks, as he does, that bands like Boston>>>>>>>>>>>>U2 doesn't know good music from a kazoo solo.

"Shit-ass guitaring?" That's debatable.

And I do enjoy some Pink Floyd (Pink Floyd>>>>>>>>>>Tool). But let's face it: their lyrics leave a lot to be desired. Subtract the wanky yet excellent guitar playing on Comfortably Numb and you have half-assed lyrics Bono probably could write on a bar napkin while he's drunk off his ass.

Boston, U2, and Pink Floyd are all pretty terrible bands who, like all "classic" rock acts, have no more than 3/4 decent songs in their entire catalog.

Yet, these bands are praised as if there were no tomorrow. Its really quite sad. Don't even make an attempt to listen to the radio because they'll try to convince you that the Eagles are great, too.

Oh yeah... Tool is horrible as well and sits well with "classic" bands to whom they're often compared.
-Dave

MstrGhost
11-11-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Dfresko


Boston, U2, and Pink Floyd are all pretty terrible bands who, like all "classic" rock acts, have no more than 3/4 decent songs in their entire catalog.

Yet, these bands are praised as if there were no tomorrow. Its really quite sad. Don't even make an attempt to listen to the radio because they'll try to convince you that the Eagles are great, too.

Oh yeah... Tool is horrible as well and sits well with "classic" bands to whom they're often compared.
-Dave

Peuloxian Cherub
11-11-2002, 05:40 PM
ARMY OF LOVERS BEST BAND EVUR

Cactuar
11-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Crippler


And The Bends did not suck. You and Julio are the only people I know who think it does. The bends sucks. It has 4 good songs (Fake Plastic Trees, Nice Dream, Just and that last track) and everything else is fucking boring, although it does have nice production.

King of the Horseflies
11-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
</font>

I'd be willing to bet that quite the contrary is true. I don't think Tool are the worst band on that list, but their fans (not you, but the majority) are annoying twats who should just stick with King Crimson, Floyd, et al.

oh yeah. the fans are bastards, so lets hate the band! :rolleyes: besides, isn't this true about every band that has ever existed (i go to netphoria (filled with assholes), yet i still love the pumpkins)... or wait, isn't it true about the human race as a whole? that sums it up way better.

sawdust restaurants
11-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by King of the Horseflies
oh yeah. the fans are bastards, so lets hate the band! :rolleyes: besides, isn't this true about every band that has ever existed (i go to netphoria (filled with assholes), yet i still love the pumpkins)... or wait, isn't it true about the human race as a whole? that sums it up way better.

Tool fans take stupidity to a new level.

And I'm forced to wonder how many people slamming U2 in this thread have heard Achtung Baby all the way through.

Eulogy
11-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Judging a band based on some of their fans is dumb.

Almost as dumb as claiming a band is overrated.

heh heh

neopryn
11-12-2002, 11:54 PM
How is NIN overrated? They seem to be one of the most hated "bands" ever.

PlaceboPumpkin
11-13-2002, 09:58 PM
in my opinion..the cure are NOT overrated...they are wonderful!

Penny Lane
11-13-2002, 10:36 PM
Nirvana. Variationofsound4u? No?:confused: :p

Sux2BHannah
11-14-2002, 12:02 AM
U2...


i don't understand people who don't like the beatles. every other band out there has been influenced by them in some way. maybe it's because they were the first band i liked... aside from Raffee of course :)

sawdust restaurants
11-14-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy
Judging a band based on some of their fans is dumb

No, see, I think Tool is way overrated anyway; their annoying fans just exacerbate the issue for me.

Nidhogg
11-14-2002, 05:36 PM
Pearl Fucking Jam

Nidhogg
11-14-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Crippler

But anyone who thinks, as he does, that bands like Boston>>>>>>>>>>>>U2 doesn't know good music from a kazoo solo.



Are you implying that kazoo solos arent' good music? :mad: :confused: