View Full Version : Boobs on TV

Dead
02-05-2004, 02:22 PM
I saw this thing on Entertainment Tonight last night where ER was playing an episode tonight that shows a shot of an elderly patient's breast.. and NBC was telling the producer to cut the scene and he refused and they were thinking of not airing it. Due to the whole Janet's boob thing. Ridiculous!

So if you want to see an elderly breast tune in tonight, you might get lucky. :D

meow
02-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Breasts are a part of life.

As long as it doesn't have an elaborate nipple appliance, it should be okay.

phaedrus
02-05-2004, 02:24 PM
what the hell is the big deal? being topless in public is completely legal here in ontario.

ammy
02-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus
what the hell is the big deal? being topless in public is completely legal here in ontario.

this is US news, perhapse? :p

Dead
02-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Its not legal in Ontario, they didn't pass the law or whatever it was. I thought it was legal too. But even if it was no women will use it, they just wanted the option. WOMEN!

phaedrus
02-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Its not legal in Ontario, they didn't pass the law or whatever it was. I thought it was legal too. But even if it was no women will use it, they just wanted the option. WOMEN!

i could have swore it got through courts back in '98 or so.

Andy /
02-05-2004, 02:40 PM
WOMYN!

phaedrus
02-05-2004, 02:45 PM
well, here's what happened in Ontario:

http://seekforfun.com/arts.php?135

i was '96 that Ontario judges ruled that it was not illegal for women to be topless.

however, the truth is that the issue is in federal jurisdiction, and nothing has been done to say that toplessness IS illegal. in other words, it's kind of gray water.

http://www.realwomenca.com/newsletter/1998_Mar_April/article_10.html

in any case, you're right, women still don't use it. it seems to be just about equality.

Dead
02-05-2004, 02:45 PM
I could be wrong but I remember thinking they got it through and then finding out that they didn't actually get it settled all the way.

Dead
02-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Ah yeah, down with feminism!

DeviousJ
02-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Pff, they had boobs and an ass on Euronews - it was a clip of The Dreamers. Ohnos!

Elvis The Fat Years
02-05-2004, 03:37 PM
They cut it from the show tonight. They showed a breast a few episodes back, it's not really a big deal. They also said the word 'shit' on there. so what?

murgle
02-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I think it's funny how everyone seems to be up in arms about all of this.

*gasp* A breast! NOO!! No one has those! Don't let the children see! It's a part of human anatomy! SHEILD THEIR EYES

:rolleyes:

I think, In Austin, it's legal for women to walk around topless- at least that's what I've heard from many people here.

Dead
02-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Did they play the same episode cut or play a different episode? Also just curious whether the cut was obvious or not..

Look what I found:

TV watcher sues over Jackson incident

It took almost three days, but the first lawsuit has been filed in connection with Janet Jackson's breast-baring incident during the Super Bowl halftime show.

bornentertainer
02-06-2004, 02:18 AM
TV watcher sues over Jackson incident

It took almost three days, but the first lawsuit has been filed in connection with Janet Jackson's breast-baring incident during the Super Bowl halftime show.

This is the main reason I do not want to be a lawyer--I'd rather not associate myself with our horridly ridiculous system of civil law.

meow
02-06-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by bornentertainer

This is the main reason I do not want to be a lawyer--I'd rather not associate myself with our horridly ridiculous system of civil law.

thats why you don't involve yourself in litigation, dumbass.

bornentertainer
02-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by meow

thats why you don't involve yourself in litigation, dumbass.

:think:

lawson
02-06-2004, 02:24 AM
a guy from ER is on the daily show 1am repeat and is talking about that right now. WOW

Dead
02-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Well what did he say?

meow
02-06-2004, 02:40 AM

:think:

there are many other aspects of law that lawyers deal with beyond the confines of litigation (layman's term: SUING PEOPLE).

bornentertainer
02-06-2004, 02:46 AM

there are many other aspects of law that lawyers deal with beyond the confines of litigation (layman's term: SUING PEOPLE).

Yes, I know this. However, I'd rather light my hair on fire than become a real estate or tax lawyer.

I thought about becoming a litigator, that's why I thought my post was relevant.

DeviousJ
02-06-2004, 09:04 AM

Why are you in law school again?

bornentertainer
02-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Why are you in law school again?

I'm not. I'm getting my undergraduate law degree. I'm so sick of school right now I could never survive 3 more years of it.

Varien
02-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus

ooooh CAaaaanadaaaaa

http://www.worndoorstep.com/shop/images/littlepeople/flagball_lg.jpg

StillBecomingApart
02-07-2004, 01:58 PM
I couldn't live in a country where topless is illegal

DeviousJ
02-07-2004, 04:16 PM

I'm not. I'm getting my undergraduate law degree. I'm so sick of school right now I could never survive 3 more years of it.

Ah, you know what I meant. But I know what you mean, I couldn't wait to get out. At least you have a professional career in Rock™ awaiting you

miss world
02-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by StillBecomingApart
I couldn't live in a country where topless is illegal

oh italy

meow
02-07-2004, 04:31 PM

Yes, I know this. However, I'd rather light my hair on fire than become a real estate or tax lawyer.

I thought about becoming a litigator, that's why I thought my post was relevant.

commercial law, family law, estate lawyer, human rights,...

plus there are a lot of litigation sort of stuff that you can do outside of just idiots suing people for being on their front lawn.. you could work for an insurance agency or something.

oh the possibilities!

bornentertainer
02-07-2004, 05:39 PM

commercial law, family law, estate lawyer, human rights,...

plus there are a lot of litigation sort of stuff that you can do outside of just idiots suing people for being on their front lawn.. you could work for an insurance agency or something.

oh the possibilities!

Yeah...I really wanted to do military law, but joining the Navy right just does not appeal to me right now, if you know what I mean.

I've got my eyes on rock stardom now anyway. :D

Dead
02-08-2004, 03:29 AM
joining the Navy right just does not appeal to me right now
Does this help?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin_keverne/Girls/Catherine%20Bell%2004.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin_keverne/Girls/Catherine%20Bell%2003.jpg

bornentertainer
02-08-2004, 05:45 AM

Does this help?

Umm, it would if I were a lesbian maybe? (I'm a girl). She's hot though, but I prefer him:

http://www.poppolitics.com/articles/images/jagharm200.jpg

Besides, she's a Marine. :rolleyes: :D

StillBecomingApart
02-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by miss world

oh italy

:D