02-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Early exit polls are in:

NATIONAL REVIEW POSTS EARLY EXITS:
AZ Kerry 46, Clark 24, Dean 13
MO Kerry 52, Edwards 23, Dean 10
SC Edwards 44, Kerry 30, Sharpton 10
OK Edwards 31, Kerry 29, Clark 28
DE Kerry 47, Dean 14, Lieberman 11, Edwards 11

Clark aides say he might be gone; Lieberman is gone w/ no wins.

Wow, look at Dean. That's sad.

Oklahoma is going to be a shootout but I predict a Kerry win. I'd love to see Edwards win it, but SC will be enough for him to stay in. Strong finishes in Missouri and Deleware would be nice, too. Also, I'd like to see what the New Mexico caucuses have to say about Sen. Edwards.

Nimrod
02-03-2004, 05:23 PM
They should all pull out and just concede to Kerry now.

I_was_aborted
02-03-2004, 05:25 PM
I wish they would. I wish for once the democratic party would show some unity and focus on how hard it will be to win the presidential election in November.

mpp
02-03-2004, 05:27 PM
When did the primary season become a season for pulling out of the race?

I'm sure if Kerry wins all the states today, all but Dean will pull out. However, if Edwards wins Oklahoma and South Carolina and shows well in MO and DE, then I see no reason to concede. Same for Clark. Same for Dean.

Netphorian Gadabout
02-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod
They should all pull out and just concede to Kerry now. I agree.

sppunk
02-03-2004, 05:39 PM
I love Dean, but Mike is right. Kerry's going to win this going away.

I_was_aborted
02-03-2004, 05:40 PM
I just think it would be better if they all tried to fight for a cause instead of fighting among themselves.

Nimrod
02-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I just think if they really want to capture the White House it would be better to be united as soon as they can rather than continue infighting and putting each other down.

Kerry's won everything except probably SC and possibly MO (but possibly not). He's pretty much a shoo-in at this point. Resign now and support your party.

I_was_aborted
02-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
I just think it would be better if they all tried to fight for a cause instead of fighting among themselves.

I just think if they really want to capture the White House it would be better to be united as soon as they can rather than continue infighting and putting each other down.

Kerry's won everything except probably SC and possibly MO (but possibly not). He's pretty much a shoo-in at this point. Resign now and support your party.

For some reason this just doesn't seem like arguing. :erm

mpp
02-03-2004, 06:01 PM

are you the type of person who supports a party over a person? that's pathetic and, actually, quite suprising

if i didn't like any of the candidates, then i'd vote for W or someone else...it's not all about winning all the time

Nimrod
02-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted

For some reason this just doesn't seem like arguing. :erm It's not. I won't vote for Kerry, but that would be the smart move by the Dems.

I_was_aborted
02-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by mpp

are you the type of person who supports a party over a person? that's pathetic and, actually, quite suprising

if i didn't like any of the candidates, then i'd vote for W or someone else...it's not all about winning all the time

There is a difference between supporting a party or a cause. I think that his hope is for the parties to adopt a cause and unite when the time calls for it, such as now for the democrats. All major democratic politicians benefit from Bush not being re-elected....and I feel as if I would too. That is a good enough cause for me.

bornentertainer
02-03-2004, 06:08 PM
I wanted Edwards to do better. I think if I vote Dem, I'd vote for him. :(

sppunk
02-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Kerry is going to do better today than any other Democrat has done on today's primary date, ever.

If Kerry wins Oklahoma, everyone should drop out. But, it looks like Edwards might edge Kerry our, barely.

Nimrod
02-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by mpp

if i didn't like any of the candidates, then i'd vote for W or someone else...it's not all about winning all the time No. I don't like any of the candidates. What I'm saying is, <i>they</i> are members of the Democratic party, and right now attacking Kerry is simply going to make it harder for <i>their</i> candidate to win in November.

BlueStar
02-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by mpp
When did the primary season become a season for pulling out of the race?

I'm sure if Kerry wins all the states today, all but Dean will pull out. However, if Edwards wins Oklahoma and South Carolina and shows well in MO and DE, then I see no reason to concede. Same for Clark. Same for Dean.

Lieberman will definitely have to drop out after today. Unless he finishes terribly in every state, Clark will probably stick it out until Feb. 10th. Dean decided to basically skip all of today's states and focus on later states...yet another seriously bad move from the Dean campaign. Unless Kerry wins all of today's states, it is not over.

Nimrod
02-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BlueStar

Lieberman will definitely have to drop out after today. Unless he finishes terribly in every state, Clark will probably stick it out until Feb. 10th. Dean decided to basically skip all of today's states and focus on later states...yet another seriously bad move from the Dean campaign. Unless Kerry wins all of today's states, it is not over. If Kerry wins every state except NC, it's not "over" officially, but the fat lady has been given her cue.

BlueStar
02-03-2004, 07:00 PM
No. I don't like any of the candidates. What I'm saying is, <i>they</i> are members of the Democratic party, and right now attacking Kerry is simply going to make it harder for <i>their</i> candidate to win in November.

The Kerry campaign is looking at that the other way around. It is their belief that it is best to get all this stuff out during the primary (against other Dems and when a far smaller % of the voting population is paying attention)...then it is already responded to and old news by the time of the general election.

BlueStar
02-03-2004, 07:05 PM
If Kerry wins every state except NC, it's not "over" officially, but the fat lady has been given her cue.

The NC primary is on May 4th.

And it all depends on by how much Kerry wins. Remember, a primary is not like the general election/electoral college...winning a state does not mean winner take all. It is all about winning committed delegates, not states. (Committed delegates (which are allocated as a result of each state's primary/caucus) count for much more than non-committed superdelegates. i.e. Dean has a lot of non-committed superdelegates...and they will very likely be switching to another candidate.) Whether or not a candidate stays in the race is something that is primarily determined by money. As long as the other candidates finish well enough to continue to raise money, they'll stay in this until Super Tuesday.

sppunk
02-03-2004, 07:37 PM
But, if you are using the delegate argument, Dean is kicking Edwards' ass right now, too.

BlueStar
02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
But, if you are using the delegate argument, Dean is kicking Edwards' ass right now, too.

Not when it comes to committed delegates. And you can have all the fucking superdelegates (non-committed) in the world, but it isn't going to mean anything unless you start winning some states. No, it is not winner take all and, yes, it is based on the number of delegates, but you need to show that you can win.

BlueStar
02-03-2004, 07:59 PM
MSNBC has just declared Edwards the winner of the SC primary. Kerry in 2nd.

machinaddict
02-03-2004, 08:38 PM
You people need a better system for elections.

sppunk
02-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by machinaddict

Like Canada's, where everything is predetermined before the "election"?

No thanks, chief.

mpp
02-03-2004, 10:11 PM
edwards just pulled ahead in oklahoma

Axis of Action
02-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by mpp

he's been ahead for a while now, just a little bit, from Clark. They're getting awfully close, though.

with 44% reporting-

Edwards 38,899 31%
Clark 38,344 30%
Kerry 31,739 25%
Lieberman 8,121 7%
Dean 5,186 4%
Sharpton 1,347 1%
Kucinich 1,023 1%

BlueStar
02-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by mpp

It's been going back and forth all night. It's pretty much a three-way race between him, Clark, and Kerry. For what it's worth, the exit polls have Edwards winning OK.

BeautifulLoser
02-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by bornentertainer
I wanted Edwards to do better. I think if I vote Dem, I'd vote for him. :(

Same here. :( I had a cool dream about him last night.

Haha, Lieberman just dropped out.

Ghetto_Squirrel
02-03-2004, 10:34 PM
How much longer are Kucinich and Sharpton going to stay in, I wonder. Since their poll figures have been so low for so long, it's obvious they're campaigning only to promote a message.

Kucinich could also take the Natural Law party nomination.

Mr. Rhinoceros
02-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by machinaddict

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Um, why?</font>

Mayfuck
02-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Um, why?</font>

You like this primaries bullshit?

Mr. Rhinoceros
02-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck

You like this primaries bullshit?

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">It doesn't really make any difference.</font>

Mayfuck
02-04-2004, 01:42 AM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">It doesn't really make any difference.</font>

Fight the power, man.

Mr. Rhinoceros
02-04-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck

Fight the power, man.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Ah, Mayfuck, you're so completely braindead. I find it amusing.</font>

Mayfuck
02-04-2004, 01:50 AM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Ah, Mayfuck, you're so completely braindead. I find it amusing.</font>

Far out, dude.