View Full Version : Comedian (the documentary)

sppunk
02-01-2004, 04:21 AM
Sucks.

Agree/disagree?

spava
02-01-2004, 04:22 AM
Is that the Jerry Seinfeld thing?

Lizard Queen
02-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Go to bed, Chris.

*does the same*

dishpan
02-01-2004, 04:24 AM
the parts with jerry (and the other famous comedians) are all good but the parts with the "up and coming" guy really suck. i hate that dude

sppunk
02-01-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by spava
Is that the Jerry Seinfeld thing?

Yeah, it is. I expected it to be somewhat entertaining, but it blows ass.

Ugly
02-01-2004, 04:50 AM
I like the "anatomy of a joke" bit where you see the origin of the "think tank" joke that started at a table with him joking around and you see it evolve over a short while. That was an interesting sequence.

In the end, it was too much of a promo piece for Jerry's stand-up act to be worthwhile. And how hard is it for him to be on the road when he has a private jet anyway?

I will say it has an awesome trailer, though. Dig into the special features and see if its in there.

THRILLHO
02-01-2004, 04:57 AM
i thought it was a bit weird. it wasn't a straight-forward documentary because so much of it focused on that up and coming guy, who was SO bad that no jerry seinfeld fan could possibly appreciate him. and it wasn't his humor - he was actually a bit funny on stage - it was his careerist personality. and you would totally think the film's trying to make a point somehow, either by contrasting his personality with the others or something, but it never does, it just sort of pretends he's supposed to be there like everyone else. but all the parts with jerry, chris rock and cosby etc. were all great.