View Full Version : which is better..

Mooney
01-27-2004, 05:26 PM
..unrequited love, or bilateral which can't be acted upon due to oustanding circumstances?

i'm going to have to go with unrequited, myself.

Andy /
01-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Mooney
..unrequited love, or bilateral which can't be acted upon due to oustanding circumstances?

spa_ced

Axis of Action
01-27-2004, 05:32 PM

i'm going to have to go with unrequited, myself.

I'm in a situation of bilateral right now. It's kind of strange. Very strange, actually. But not in a bad way. In a ... strange way.

Nimrod
01-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Conditioner is better, I leave the hair silky and smooth

tootsie
01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
unrequited....it would be easier to accept i think

wHATcOLOR
01-27-2004, 05:43 PM
edited to be blank :mad:

Axis of Action
01-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Bilateral is easier if you know the thing stopping you two will be gone in the near future. If it's a permanent barrier (distance, parents, etc.) then you have a bigger problem.

Unrequited can be difficult, except I'm trying to do it the Charlier Kaufman way (i.e, Adaptation) which makes it much easier to bear when you think about it. It's much more privately enjoyable, too.

Andy /
01-27-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm the master of unrequited love. I love too easily. And it's never really returned. So I go with bilateral. At least I'd know I was accepted.

wHATcOLOR
01-27-2004, 05:46 PM
yes, true on the bilateral if the situation is temporary.

what is the Adaptation way? i have no clue.

Nimrod
01-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Sehki
If it's a permanent barrier (distance, parents, etc.) then you have a bigger problem.
How are "parents" a permanent problem? If my folks didn't like someone I was dating, that's their problem, not mine.

Axis of Action
01-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod
How are "parents" a permanent problem? If my folks didn't like someone I was dating, that's their problem, not mine.

They're not a permanent problem, only until you're 18 or whenever you move out. When you're in high school, they can restrict your movement and so on, which would make dating harder. It never happened to me, but I've known people for it to happen to (mostly girls).

mirrar
01-27-2004, 05:49 PM
yeah i'd say bilateral, at least the two parties know that their feelings are returned and not for nothing. mutual love can have a positive impact in peoples lives even if it doesn't lead to an actual relationship.

Mooney
01-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J'sGhost
what are your circumstances? i can think of a few myself.

i'm not in a situation right now, but it took me well over a year to get over my high school crush who i went to prom with. she was the one who's best friend wanted me bad and was going away for university. my reason for making this thread is that i realized that is there were no shared feelings i would have been over her in weeks.

but i guess it all comes back to mooney's law, which i think i posted once on here before, which states: interest equals attraction. basically, for me to develop a crush on someone i have to see some type of interest on their part. or, some signs of interest from another can often get me interested.

on an unrelated note, i'm surprised that people have been using the word bilateral, i was certain there was a much better word for it that i was overlooking.

wHATcOLOR
01-27-2004, 06:05 PM
gotchya.

and mutual might be the word you're thinking of. its simpler.

Andy /
01-27-2004, 06:10 PM
on an unrelated note, i'm surprised that people have been using the word bilateral, i was certain there was a much better word for it that i was overlooking.

Eh... those were the options given, so you shouldn't be. Plus, it works in this context. And it's a big word that makes us think we're smRt.

Mooney
01-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash

Eh... those were the options given, so you shouldn't be. Plus, it works in this context. And it's a big word that makes us think we're smRt.

i threw out any hope of netphorians thinking i was smart long ago. but that is cool with me. i know i am a genius! :D

Nimrod
01-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Mooney you should still go for that chick or you will never know what her sweet young pussy tastes like.

The Moon
01-27-2004, 06:23 PM
unrequited. because if you never had the other person in the first place, you'll never know what you're missing when you can't be together.