View Full Version : I feel a bit better about my Mavericks now that they've put 8 wins in a row together

sppunk
01-25-2004, 05:56 PM
And they looked very solid in beating the Kings this afternoon. Hopefully they can build off this little run and actually make something of their so-far forgettable season.

Quagmire
01-25-2004, 08:03 PM
defense, what?

Transformer
01-26-2004, 12:53 AM
thank god the lakers beat the jazz

Elvis The Fat Years
01-26-2004, 12:54 AM
The Bulls actually won today. I was amazed.

sppunk
01-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by ******
defense, what?

Shit, does anyone in the NBA play defense anymore? The Kings sure as hell looked worse on D than the Mavs ... they actually have all season long.

Transformer
01-26-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years
The Bulls actually won today. I was amazed.

I had them in the playoffs at the start of the year

:erm

Debaser
01-26-2004, 02:21 AM
man bibby was burned the whole game, letting nash penetrate and dish. argh. the book is out on the kings now. for the last two games in a row, all you have to do is bully, push and grab them and their offense doesn't run so smooth anymore. this game put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

sppunk
01-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Debaser
man bibby was burned the whole game, letting nash penetrate and dish. argh. the book is out on the kings now. for the last two games in a row, all you have to do is bully, push and grab them and their offense doesn't run so smooth anymore. this game put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

I fear that Webber's return will hurt their balance and style of play. But, Dallas looked tough today. The past few games, they've been very aggressive. Maybe it has something to do with Cuban being really close to firing Nelson from the coaching role and giving it to Riley.

Debaser
01-26-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by sppunk

I fear that Webber's return will hurt their balance and style of play. But, Dallas looked tough today. The past few games, they've been very aggressive. Maybe it has something to do with Cuban being really close to firing Nelson from the coaching role and giving it to Riley.

I hope that Webber's return will help the kings play better defense and get that defensive fg% back to where it was last year (#1 in fg% def) instead of what it is now (25th?). Shit, any maverick that wanted to was able to drive right into the lane with no fear at all.

sppunk
01-26-2004, 02:32 AM

I hope that Webber's return will help the kings play better defense and get that defensive fg% back to where it was last year (#1 in fg% def) instead of what it is now (25th?). Shit, any maverick that wanted to was able to drive right into the lane with no fear at all.

No kidding. I hope he does help them. Even though I despise the Kings because of my Maverick affiliation, I want to see them, the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs and T-Wolves all healthy so the playoffs are kickass.

I still don't see why people neglect to think the Spurs won't win again this season. But, they love the fact they're constantly underdogs even after winning the championship.

Debaser
01-26-2004, 02:44 AM
I still don't see why people neglect to think the Spurs won't win again this season. But, they love the fact they're constantly underdogs even after winning the championship.

It's because they're boring as all hell to watch and led by the most boring to watch mvp, ever.

sppunk
01-26-2004, 03:02 AM

It's because they're boring as all hell to watch and led by the most boring to watch mvp, ever.

I find myself more willing to watch a Spurs game than a Lakers vs. Trail Blazers game.

ReadMusic
01-26-2004, 03:04 AM
As well as the Mavericks are playing right now, I still want to get rid of Walker.

sppunk
01-26-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by ReadMusic
As well as the Mavericks are playing right now, I still want to get rid of Walker.

The F Walker t-shirts they sell at AAC are awesome. They even had them on TV today before realizing what they were.

ReadMusic
01-26-2004, 03:06 AM

The F Walker t-shirts they sell at AAC are awesome. They even had them on TV today before realizing what they were.

What the hell? No way.