View Full Version : Animal Crossing...Starfox

Esty
09-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Does anyone here have this game yet? I've been playing it for the past month and I want to trade things with my fellow phorians. Also, anyone buy starfox? Is it worth my cash?

------------------
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/juggy-headcrush.gif You fight great, but I'm a great fighter!!!!

FuzzyLogic
09-27-2002, 01:33 PM
bah, i want to try that game! I should rent it this weekend..

TheJoker
09-27-2002, 02:58 PM
I got Starfox about 4 months ago. It's an incredibly hard game at first, and just like the 64 game stategy wise. The downside, well there's alot, is that

a) there's no targeting sysytem for outside view

b) your teammates are worthless

c) there's no 360 degree fighting mode.

Starfox 2 was supposed to be using that, but since it was going to be released so close to Starfox64, they cancelled most of the shipping.

funnygeezus
09-27-2002, 06:41 PM
<font color=slate>yeah, i bought animal crossing today after having it rented for almost two weeks. i made a new town to get the grab bag (you only get it if you use the included memory card, which didn't come with the rental), then left it on the ground and visited with the guy i've been playing all along. i also took home a full inventory row of apples back with me, since my town is an orange town natuarally.

i haven't play dinosaur planet, or starfox adventures or whatever the fuck they're calling it nowadays, but i want to.

------------------
Give me the keys, you fucking cocksucker.
http://www.avalon.nf.ca/~rosemd/usual.jpg

Orchestra
09-27-2002, 07:10 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by funnygeezus:
<font color=slate>yeah, i bought animal crossing today after having it rented for almost two weeks. i made a new town to get the grab bag (you only get it if you use the included memory card, which didn't come with the rental), then left it on the ground and visited with the guy i've been playing all along. i also took home a full inventory row of apples back with me, since my town is an orange town natuarally.

i haven't play dinosaur planet, or starfox adventures or whatever the fuck they're calling it nowadays, but i want to.

</font>

buy the cable so you can hook up my e-reader NOW

skippy
09-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Animal Crossing is easily the most addictive GameCube game i've played yet. I have barely come up for air. The trading system is ingenius. It's like an online game without actually being online.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/shiggy.jpg

strange_one
09-27-2002, 08:47 PM
<font color=33FFFF> well it is still a one week wait until Mario Sunshine is released here, then the next game I want after that is Star Wars Clone Wars(released on oct 15th). I have no idea when Animal Crossing it out, sounds cool though

skippy
09-28-2002, 03:51 PM
We totally need to have some Netphorian AC trading going on. Tom's shop is closed for remodeling today but i will definitely get some trading started tomorrow. I could also use some feng shui tips for my house.

AndySlash
09-28-2002, 04:01 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
We totally need to have some Netphorian AC trading going on.</font>

I'd be up for it, as soon as I get the game. Which should be very very soon.

wounded
09-28-2002, 04:04 PM
i bought starfox yesterday. can't really say yet whether it is good or not. the control system is straight out of zelda, so it works well. graphics are good too.

i haven't tried animal crossing yet.

Esty
09-28-2002, 05:28 PM
I wish I could figure out how to get some of those NES games. I got two from Nintendo, one in a trade and another from digging it up. If anyone needs a game let me know. I own DK, excitebike, ballon fight, and tennis.

tootsie
09-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Animal Crossing is easily the most addictive GameCube game i've played yet. I have barely come up for air. The trading system is ingenius. It's like an online game without actually being online.

</font>

i know, im in love with it as well. id love to do some trading too (pear city, but im working on some peaches & cherries). today is a remodeling day and im about to go crazy.

i love this game.

Esty
09-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Anyone, I can send you any fruit you want for nothing. Just PM me your name and town name. If you want an NES game let me know. I would like to trade for those I don't have however like Ice Climbers.

EverlastingGlaze
09-28-2002, 10:12 PM
What's this grab bag you speak of.......when using the Animal Crossing memory card?!

skippy
09-28-2002, 10:13 PM
I will make an AC trading thread tomorrow so get your wish list together.

funnygeezus
09-28-2002, 10:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by EverlastingGlaze:
What's this grab bag you speak of.......when using the Animal Crossing memory card?!

</font>

<font color=slate>when you use the memory card that comes with the game, you get a grab bag in the mail upon finishing your initial work for tom nook (when he stops giving you things to do and you can buy stuff from his store). mine had 2 nes games and a song recording, i don't know if they're all the same or what. you only get it when you start a new town, and only with the first player to settle.

------------------
Give me the keys, you fucking cocksucker.
http://www.avalon.nf.ca/~rosemd/usual.jpg

EverlastingGlaze
09-28-2002, 10:44 PM
<font color=slate>when you use the memory card that comes with the game, you get a grab bag in the mail upon finishing your initial work for tom nook (when he stops giving you things to do and you can buy stuff from his store). mine had 2 nes games and a song recording, i don't know if they're all the same or what. you only get it when you start a new town, and only with the first player to settle.

</font>

Ok so I started a game on my own memory card, should I start a new game on the other then send my dude to the other town to pick the stuff up?

And Mark, what's this trading stuff? How can you trade items and stuff over the net.

Sorry for the questions, meow is in the other room enthrawled right now in the stupid game and telling me to ask questions.

funnygeezus
09-28-2002, 10:49 PM
Ok so I started a game on my own memory card, should I start a new game on the other then send my dude to the other town to pick the stuff up?

And Mark, what's this trading stuff? How can you trade items and stuff over the net.

Sorry for the questions, meow is in the other room enthrawled right now in the stupid game and telling me to ask questions.

</font>

<font color=slate>yeah that's what i did.

you can go to tom nook and when he asks what you want, say "other things..." there are two options here that you use to trade: "hear code" and "say code." for "hear code," you enter a long, complicated, case specific, alpha-numeric code that puts an item in your inventory. for "say code," you enter a player's name, his town's name, and pick an item from your inventory (which you lose), and you get a long, complicated, case-specific, alpha-numeric code. that way you can only use codes made for you and (presumably, i've never actually used the code, just watched others) only once.<font color=black size=1>

[This message has been edited by funnygeezus (edited 09-28-2002).]

EverlastingGlaze
09-28-2002, 10:53 PM
Ok gotcha. That's fucking cool. We'll need an official Animal Crossing post soon!

skippy
09-28-2002, 10:59 PM
It all begins tomorrow!

EverlastingGlaze
09-28-2002, 10:59 PM
*horny*

meow
09-29-2002, 12:45 AM
OH MY GOD I JUST GOT A TRAIN SET

too bad i cant put it on my hideous table http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

meow
09-29-2002, 12:47 AM

</font>

BEST GAME EVaR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crono
09-29-2002, 12:54 AM
I have neither a GCN nor the funds to buy one... and i want to play AC 'n stuff so bad.

meow
09-29-2002, 01:06 AM
omg i have to work tomorrow.. i dont want to be at work when all this shit goes down.. maybe ill call in sick.

avian chaos
09-29-2002, 04:38 AM
We [my brother] bought the game last Sunday & I have barely let myself go from it for one second. Every minute of my life ,no matter what I'm doing ,all that is racing through my mind is "I could be playing 'Animal Crossing' right now!"

We got the grab bag ,but my brother took all the stuff & left me with nothing. He thinks he's hot shit because he's got 2000+ points from the HRA ,but really he's just cold diarrhea.

p.s. has anyone gotten a basement added onto their home yet? I finished paying off my debt for the second remodelling earlier today ,but Tom Nook has been closed ALL freakin' day because he's remodelling to make his store larger. Fuckin' asshole.

My boyfriend bought me the strategy guide as an early birthday present ,& it comes in really handy. I recommend getting one if yr into collecting stuff for the museum ,selling bugs & fish or making the HRA happy with feng shui & shit. It has charts that tell you how much a fish/bug/fossil is worth ,& where you can find it during what month & what time of the day.

LASTLY BUT NOT LEASTLY: does anyone here have Mint in their town? I fucking hate that squirrely bitch. I straight up chopped down the cherry tree in front of her house ,just because I could.

------------------
<A HREF="http://sansexile.dontvisit.com" TARGET=_blank>if there's anything good about me
i'm the only one who knows</A>

strange_one
09-29-2002, 05:38 AM
<font color=33FFFF> well I just heard some bad news, there is absolutely no plans for nintendo to release Animal Crossing in australia, looks like I might have to import a Euro version

relaxor!
09-29-2002, 05:49 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by strange_one:
<font color=33FFFF> well I just heard some bad news, there is absolutely no plans for nintendo to release Animal Crossing in australia, looks like I might have to import a Euro version</font>Bfft, that's lame. Are you going to be buying Sunshine? If you are, that'll last you a while. As an earlier post of yours stated, I too am highly anticipating Star Wars Clone Wars.

------------------
http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/images/2001.jpg

EverlastingGlaze
09-29-2002, 12:21 PM
I have the grab bag but I can't get it open or there's nothing inside! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif HeLP!!!!!!!

skippy
09-29-2002, 12:37 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by avian chaos:
We [my brother] bought the game last Sunday & I have barely let myself go from it for one second. Every minute of my life ,no matter what I'm doing ,all that is racing through my mind is "I could be playing 'Animal Crossing' right now!"

We got the grab bag ,but my brother took all the stuff & left me with nothing. He thinks he's hot shit because he's got 2000+ points from the HRA ,but really he's just cold diarrhea.

p.s. has anyone gotten a basement added onto their home yet? I finished paying off my debt for the second remodelling earlier today ,but Tom Nook has been closed ALL freakin' day because he's remodelling to make his store larger. Fuckin' asshole.

My boyfriend bought me the strategy guide as an early birthday present ,& it comes in really handy. I recommend getting one if yr into collecting stuff for the museum ,selling bugs & fish or making the HRA happy with feng shui & shit. It has charts that tell you how much a fish/bug/fossil is worth ,& where you can find it during what month & what time of the day.

LASTLY BUT NOT LEASTLY: does anyone here have Mint in their town? I fucking hate that squirrely bitch. I straight up chopped down the cherry tree in front of her house ,just because I could.

</font>

Haha sounds like you have caught the AC bug too. I got a letter from the HRA today and they gave me over 10,000 points. I don't know why really, my place is a wreck. I'm just starting to pay off my second mortgage so so second level or basement for me yet. You should trade with us!

funnygeezus
09-29-2002, 12:46 PM
I have the grab bag but I can't get it open or there's nothing inside! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif HeLP!!!!!!!</font>

<font color=slate>you have removed the present from the letter and opened it, right? you should be able to open the bag present-style. maybe you don't have enough inventory room (at least 2 empty slots)? other than that i can't think of why that'd happen.

EverlastingGlaze
09-29-2002, 01:01 PM
<font color=slate>you have removed the present from the letter and opened it, right? you should be able to open the bag present-style. maybe you don't have enough inventory room (at least 2 empty slots)? other than that i can't think of why that'd happen.</font>

Maybe the people before me took the stuff and left the bag but that doesn't make sense...*yet to buy the game*

avian chaos
09-29-2002, 01:04 PM
*yet to buy the game*</font>

I do believe you need to own the game & the free memory card that comes with it in order to get the bag.

------------------
<A HREF="http://sansexile.dontvisit.com" TARGET=_blank>if there's anything good about me
i'm the only one who knows</A>

strange_one
09-29-2002, 09:19 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by relaxor!:
Bfft, that's lame. Are you going to be buying Sunshine? If you are, that'll last you a while. As an earlier post of yours stated, I too am highly anticipating Star Wars Clone Wars.

</font>
<font color=33FFFF> yeah, I'm getting sunshine this friday when it's released, hopefully it will last a while. I'm still trying to get through Resident Evil though

skippy
09-29-2002, 10:55 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by strange_one:
<font color=33FFFF> well I just heard some bad news, there is absolutely no plans for nintendo to release Animal Crossing in australia, looks like I might have to import a Euro version</font>

For what it's worth I had heard that Europe is getting Doshin the Giant (which i really want to play) but not AC while the U.S. gets AC but no Doshin. Have you heard something different?

relaxor!
09-29-2002, 11:33 PM
For what it's worth I had heard that Europe is getting Doshin the Giant (which i really want to play) but not AC while the U.S. gets AC but no Doshin. Have you heard something different?

</font>
I heard the same. Seriously, I'd rather have AC than D:TG, but they both look nice.

------------------
http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/images/2001.jpg