View Full Version : sigur ros- the full-fledged north american theatre tour

shaniqua
10-31-2002, 05:28 PM
wow, if last night's opener in toronto is any indication, this is one tour not to be missed. i encourage you to sell your souls for tickets.

wow. :eek:

SPheart9
10-31-2002, 05:39 PM
already did.

i'll tell you about the chicago show in a few weeks.

Irrelevant
10-31-2002, 06:13 PM
i haven't bought tickets yet. if they're still on sale.

jenniferkate
10-31-2002, 06:25 PM
i'm going tomorrow night. mmhmm.

sarasvati
10-31-2002, 07:48 PM
yep, it was awesome! :)

p.s. shaunna that guy you said was hot, ... i think he actually is in one of my classes at school....hahaha ;)

shaniqua
10-31-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by sarasvati
yep, it was awesome! :)

p.s. shaunna that guy you said was hot, ... i think he actually is in one of my classes at school....hahaha ;)

leet.

let's lure him into our wrath :D

you can have that silly asian guy that was in front of us ;)

shaniqua
10-31-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by pale_princess

leet.

let's lure him into our wrath :D

you can have that silly asian guy that was in front of us ;)

actually, nevermind. who needs cute boys when i had the leetest date in teh houze!
http://www.netphoria.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4600

:cool:

Undone
10-31-2002, 08:11 PM
<font color="CC33CC">I wish I could see them so badly, but I have work, am saving up for moving, AND I didn't know it was only a limited seating at Atlanta's Cotton Club (nor did I know about the presale) so it sold out instantaneously. :< </font>

SHAUNNAS DAD!
10-31-2002, 08:14 PM

actually, nevermind. who needs cute boys when i had the leetest date in teh houze!
http://www.netphoria.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4600

:cool:
NO MORE DATING FOR YOU YOUNG LADY:mad:

shaniqua
10-31-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SHAUNNAS DAD!

NO MORE DATING FOR YOU YOUNG LADY:mad:

aww come on i bet you'd like him, dad!

SHAUNNAS DAD!
10-31-2002, 08:19 PM

aww come on i bet you'd like him, dad!
s'he drive a harely? didn't think so, forget it! :mad:

Injektilo
10-31-2002, 08:55 PM
Yeah, pretty damn good show. The visuals were nice, but there wasn't as much laser/light/spinny disco ball stuff as when I saw them there last year.

still, I'd go see them again tonight if I could.

Injektilo
10-31-2002, 09:05 PM
oooh, and I got me a setlist :)

shaniqua
10-31-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo
oooh, and I got me a setlist :)

sweet! did it look like this??:

;)

GlassDreams
10-31-2002, 10:59 PM
I've got front row seats for the Lawrence show. Yay for me.

Injektilo
11-01-2002, 02:15 AM

sweet! did it look like this??:

;)

heh, i actually waited for a second for a pic to load. :blush:

Irrelevant
11-01-2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by GlassDreams
I've got front row seats for the Lawrence show. Yay for me.

if i go i suppose i'll be taping from the balcony. stealth i think! omg!

Starchildren
11-01-2002, 04:34 AM
I am seeing the final show on the tour in Vancouver on Nov. 27th.

even though this fact probably doesn't affect their performance, I can't help but think how polished and flawless (by their standards) the show will be by that point. (of course, by our adoring fan standards, every show on the tour will be perfect).

Starchildren
11-01-2002, 04:36 AM
holy shit, what happened to my status and post count and profile?!?!?!?!?!?!

I registered 3 years ago and had like 2000 posts!!! :eek:

eyeofmourning
11-01-2002, 07:15 PM
is there an opening band for sigur ros on this tour?

Fellatio! Hurrah!
11-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by eyeofmourning
is there an opening band for sigur ros on this tour?

there was a fat blond gay dude with an acoustic guitar that opened.

lostcompass
11-02-2002, 01:43 AM
oh my god, im so jealous of anyone who got to go to the toronto show, i had to work on a stupid gaddamn paper, and i live right around the corner from Massey hall... so close yet so far, does anyone know if they're coming back to toronto or near anytime soon? Whose gotten they're new cd? im hoping to soon... but university student... poor you know... :)

lostcompass
11-02-2002, 01:48 AM
oh my god, im so jealous of anyone who got to go to the toronto show, i had to work on a stupid gaddamn paper, and i live right around the corner from Massey hall... so close yet so far, does anyone know if they're coming back to toronto or near anytime soon? Whose gotten they're new cd? im hoping to soon... but university studen... poor you know... :)

jenniferkate
11-04-2002, 11:58 PM
11/1/02:

despite train delays and the onset of sickness and seats that felt like waiting to tumble off a mountaintop, as the lights went down and the first notes of vaka shimmered into the air i leaned to my friend and whispered: i'm so happy.

the rest was a sweet sweet blur as i settled back and closed my eyes and inwardly oozed joyful tears alternated with flashes of dirty thoughts about jonsi sigur ros for 100 minutes. or something.

what set them apart the most from when last i saw them (last november in philadelphia, the show taped for hbo's reverb) was a force and an intensity, where previously there'd been a cool distant feel. they brought the rock. as noted in the otherwise uselessly gay ny times review "it was a glimpse of what sigur ros has largely renounced on its otherworldly mission."

the pop song makes me want to make babies. the poor boy on my right will never ever know how close he came to getting jk nestled in his lap.

however A BIG THUMBS DOWN A) TO ALL YOU FUCKING POT SMOKERS SITTING AROUND ME NOT BECAUSE I ESPECIALLY DISLIKE POT BUT BECAUSE ONE STRAY ASH OR WHATEVER AND WE'RE ALL CRISPY B) TO GETTING A FEVER AND LEAVING MY FREE SIGUR ROS POSTER ON THE TRAIN. :( :( :(

kurt rambis
11-05-2002, 01:03 AM
im'a be tapin this sundays show at the riv, whooopeee