View Full Version : ( )

Dawn2Dusk
10-31-2002, 03:07 PM
the best thing that ever happened to music.

Sean Casey
10-31-2002, 03:13 PM
not really. I'd say it's a very good album, nothing earth shattering.

Undone
10-31-2002, 07:07 PM
<font color="CC33CC">I wanted to love this album so badly. There are a few moments (much less than Agaetis Byrjun or Von) when it shows the potential to be good, but it ends up being directionless and REPETITIVE. Tortuously repetitive. WHY did he sing the SAME FUCKING MADE UP LYRICS IN EVERY SONG?! I can't get it out of my head. It's driving me insane.

"IzzzSAAAAAWwwwwyoooooooooooo aaawwwaaaloooooooooow!"

Motherfucker.</font>

strange_one
11-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Dawn2Dusk
the best thing that ever happened to music.
<font color=33FFFF>..and how many records have you bought this year? ( ) doesn't even make my top 20</font>

Mason R Butler
11-01-2002, 07:50 AM
:( ):

French lover Sébastien
11-01-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Undone
WHY did he sing the SAME FUCKING MADE UP LYRICS IN EVERY SONG?! I can't get it out of my head. It's driving me insane.

Motherfucker.</font>

I thought the exact same thing when i listened to it for the first couple of times, the feeling faded a little but apart from the first song there's nothing great about this album. They're much better live.

Example
11-01-2002, 09:23 AM
yeah, it is quite a let-down. It's still great but, but can't hold a candle to Agetis Byrijun

GlassDreams
11-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by French lover Sébastien
They're much better live.

Excatly.

sp_tear
11-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Of course they're better live, most of bands are anyways...But no one after hearing it can deny that "( )" it's one of the most superb musical pieces made this year, at least...

ravenguy2000
11-01-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by sp_tear
Of course they're better live, most of bands are anyways...But no one after hearing it can deny that "( )" it's one of the most superb musical pieces made this year, at least...

I'll be happy to deny it.

sp_tear
11-01-2002, 12:59 PM
Are you sure you listen to the same album as I?

For what I've read and heard it's pretty consensual that it's magnificient...but oh well...you can't please everyone...

French lover Sébastien
11-01-2002, 01:40 PM
Are you sure you listen to the same album as I?

For what I've read and heard it's pretty consensual that it's magnificient...but oh well...you can't please everyone...

The consensual majority is often wrong. Especially when they're trying to look cool, hyping bands or albums that don't deserve it.

sawdust restaurants
11-01-2002, 02:44 PM
The "consensual majority" he's talking about is Spin and Rolling Stone. Let it drop.

sp_tear
11-01-2002, 03:16 PM
French lover Sébastien:
well I remember perfectly like 2 years ago, or 1 and half, I came here and i mention Sigur Rós in some thread and u politely replied "wow sigur rós fan" at that time, they're almost unknown...
anyway that's not the point...When I said it's consensual...it was not based on Spin or Rolling Stone, I don't read those...I don't have any idea about they said or not, not interested also. I was refering to people that I know "music lovers" people that listen the same kind of stuff and people that listen Black Metal...people from messageboards such as this.
the fact that now there's a lot of people talking about them, just like what's happening with QOTSA at the moment, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't good...
Btw, why do you think it isn't great?

Dawn2Dusk
11-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by strange_one

<font color=33FFFF>..and how many records have you bought this year? ( ) doesn't even make my top 20</font>

i've bought quite a few albums. sadly enough, most of the music right now sucks. please list those 20 albums from this year or whatever that is better. just go and listen to your fucking foo fighters, hives or any other crap band instead.

they're even better live, i agree, but the atmosphere of the album is unique. they can never create all those beautiful sounds from the album live. it's got sooooo many beautiful sounds mixed perfectly together. it's just more raw and honest than anything else...

Dawn2Dusk
11-01-2002, 03:30 PM
<font color="CC33CC">I wanted to love this album so badly. There are a few moments (much less than Agaetis Byrjun or Von) when it shows the potential to be good, but it ends up being directionless and REPETITIVE. Tortuously repetitive. WHY did he sing the SAME FUCKING MADE UP LYRICS IN EVERY SONG?! I can't get it out of my head. It's driving me insane.

Motherfucker.</font>

and i'm fucking tired of hearing a g-chord in every fucking song as well. can't you think of it as an instrument instead???
he can sing about whatever he wants to, the beauty will still be the same...

patrick
11-01-2002, 03:31 PM
just go and listen to your fucking foo fighters, hives or any other crap band instead.
no, he's going to list 20 obscure noisey glitch albums

it's just more raw and honest than anything else... i hate when people use either of those words in describing anything, period. you suck.

Dawn2Dusk
11-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by failure

i hate when people use either of those words in describing anything, period. you suck.

but it's the truth!! most of the bands out there is just a rip-off of other bands. there's not many honest bands out there

and thom yorke makes me sick. trying so hard to create a sound like sigur. he's a total failure!! patethic!

Undone
11-01-2002, 06:15 PM

and i'm fucking tired of hearing a g-chord in every fucking song as well. can't you think of it as an instrument instead???
he can sing about whatever he wants to, the beauty will still be the same...

<font color="CC33CC">I'm a Sigur Ros fan, you moron. Quit assuming that strange_one knows less about music than you do, and quit assuming that I can't hear the same fucking word being sung for an hour.</font>

Undone
11-01-2002, 06:16 PM

but it's the truth!! most of the bands out there is just a rip-off of other bands. there's not many honest bands out there

and thom yorke makes me sick. trying so hard to create a sound like sigur. he's a total failure!! patethic!

<font color="CC33CC">*guffaws* A fool I am, formerly replying to you seriously when now it is clear you are a troll. </font>

Kill The Poor
11-01-2002, 06:40 PM

<font color="CC33CC">I'm a Sigur Ros fan, you moron. Quit assuming that strange_one knows less about music than you do, and quit assuming that I can't hear the same fucking word being sung for an hour.</font>

Haha, anyways, yeah, I've agreed with you on basically everything you said. I was really peeved about the same lyric being used over and over as well.

Nothing/everything
11-02-2002, 03:07 PM
French lover Sébastien:
the fact that now there's a lot of people talking about them, just like what's happening with QOTSA at the moment, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't good...

This perfectly sums up the attitude displayed by lots of people posting here....

About Sigur ros: i didn't really like it the first time i heard it, compared to the other two albums. But it has really grown on me, it's excellent.

sp_tear
11-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything

About Sigur ros: i didn't really like it the first time i heard it, compared to the other two albums. But it has really grown on me, it's excellent.

That's what I like about it too. The more you listen the more you get into it...the more you love you it.

theonemofo
11-02-2002, 05:32 PM
( | )

French lover Sébastien
11-02-2002, 06:47 PM
French lover Sébastien:
well I remember perfectly like 2 years ago, or 1 and half, I came here and i mention Sigur Rós in some thread and u politely replied "wow sigur rós fan" at that time, they're almost unknown...
anyway that's not the point...When I said it's consensual...it was not based on Spin or Rolling Stone, I don't read those...I don't have any idea about they said or not, not interested also. I was refering to people that I know "music lovers" people that listen the same kind of stuff and people that listen Black Metal...people from messageboards such as this.
Btw, why do you think it isn't great?

now don't be unfair. I'm not that kind of guy, I don't give a shit about whether or not a band's being talked about. I enjoy listening to good music and I don't give a shit about the context. I think they can do much better than what they've done with (). I don't have anything against the band, it's just that I think that Von and Agaetis Byrjun are better albums than this one.

strange_one
11-02-2002, 08:00 PM

please list those 20 albums from this year or whatever that is better. just go and listen to your fucking foo fighters, hives or any other crap band instead.

<font color=33FFFF> haha, you would not have even heard of 3/4 of the artists I'd list in my top 20</font>

Starchildren
11-03-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by French lover Sébastien
it's just that I think that Von ............. better albums than this one.

severly debatable.