View Full Version : Barry White (may be) dead

Mason R Butler
10-31-2002, 12:50 PM
I've been told by more than one person today that Barry White died in his sleep last night. I know he's been suffering severe kidney trouble and is still in line for a donor. It's unconfirmed news at the moment though. It would be very sad for another musician to die so soon after Jay.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Mr Snatch-O-Rama
10-31-2002, 12:59 PM
i can't see anything about it on BBC or CNN, so i don't think it's true, because it would probably be all over there in a minute. Would be terrible if it is true though.

Mason R Butler
10-31-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr Snatch-O-Rama
i can't see anything about it on BBC or CNN, so i don't think it's true, because it would probably be all over there in a minute. Would be terrible if it is true though.
I'm told his family is still sorting things out, and they'd much rather the family know before the public. Would you wanna find out about your dad dying on CNN?

Mr Snatch-O-Rama
10-31-2002, 01:22 PM
well, that's very true, i didnt think of that. I suppose we can just hope that it's not true.

Jesse Miller
10-31-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by I Hate Music

I'm told his family is still sorting things out, and they'd much rather the family know before the public. Would you wanna find out about your dad dying on CNN?

Yeah, but he's not Barry White.

Salena Child
10-31-2002, 02:09 PM
:(

beef curtains
10-31-2002, 03:49 PM
after searching headlines, i found this posted today

Barry White Waits For Kidney Donor

LOS ANGELES (AP)--Deep-voiced soul singer Barry White was resting at home while his search for a kidney donor continued, his manager said.

White, 58, had dialysis treatment in September to stabilize his condition, a complication from years of chronic high blood pressure.

``I see him every day, and he's doing better every day,'' manager Ned Shankman said Wednesday. ``He's a candidate for transplant. We're still looking for a match.''

Potential donors ******* White's own children, Shankman said.

White is known for romantic songs such as ``Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe'' and ``You're the First, the Last, My Everything.''

He had been working on a new studio album before undergoing treatment.

White was hospitalized in August 1999 for a blood pressure problem.

AP-NY-10-31-02 0945EST

Copyright 2002, The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP Online news report may not be published, broadcast or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Mason R Butler
11-01-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller

Yeah, but he's not Barry White.
Well, not since the Atkins diet at least.

Oct 31, 6:51 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Soul singer Barry White, battling kidney failure, is resting comfortably while doctors conduct tests to find a suitable transplant donor among his eight children, a spokesman said on Thursday.

The 58-year-old entertainer was hospitalized last month for kidney dialysis, but he is now at home and undergoing dialysis ever other day on an out-patient basis as his condition improves, White's manager, Ned Shanker, told Reuters.

"He's doing really great. I was with him last night, and things are going really well," Shanker said, adding that the hefty singer has been dieting and has gotten his high blood pressure under control.

He said tests were being performed to determine whether any of White's children would make a suitable organ donor to provide a kidney to their father for a transplant.

"He's got eight kids," Shanker said. "They're doing tests. I don't think we're going to be doing a nationwide search (for a kidney). I think we've got it pretty well covered."

White's label, the Island Def Jam Music Group, disclosed in September that White was undergoing dialysis for kidney failure caused by a history of high blood pressure.

The singer, known for his rich bass vocals and musical love-maestro persona, has provided "the mood" for countless candlelight dinners and late-night trysts with such ballads as "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe," and "You're the First the Last, My Everything."

Popbitch reported that he'd also suffered a stroke, but they don't know anything. Either way, I don't think he's long for this world.