View Full Version : wilco tour question

mpp
10-30-2002, 10:56 PM
is anyone opening for wilco nowadays?

i'm going to see them tomorrow night and i was wondering when they'd actually go on if the "show" starts at 8:00?

thanks

bonsor
10-30-2002, 11:04 PM
SHIT

I need to get my tickets! The show is tuesday. I better hurry.

tweedyburd
10-31-2002, 02:11 AM
I'm seeing them in Athens on Friday, and so long as it's not Preston School of Industry again (save for their one good song), I'll be happy.

strange_one
10-31-2002, 06:55 AM
<font color=33FFFF> they're comin down here in late january, I'm looking forward to seeing them, if I manage to get a ticket in time</font>

The Pantsmaster
10-31-2002, 09:48 AM
when i saw them last week they did have an opener, but damned if i remember what they're called. they weren't that interesting. another sort of "alt-country" band. the best part of their set was when the singer dedicated the set to Abe Lincoln, who was "shot 50 years ago today in this theater (the Orpheum in Boston)". heh

rubbersoul
10-31-2002, 10:18 AM
I saw them last Friday and Califone opened for them, but it was the last show with Califone so I have no idea who they are playing with now. I am sure they have an opener though because I had no idea that Califone was playing with them when I went to the show.

mpp
10-31-2002, 07:18 PM
if the show starts at 8, what time will wilco come on?

thanks

mpp
10-31-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by tweedyburd
I'm seeing them in Athens on Friday, and so long as it's not Preston School of Industry again (save for their one good song), I'll be happy.

i saw them in cincinnati in july and PSOI was pretty good actually

i like spiral stairs

anyway, have fun at the show! i'll be there too

did you get orchestra?

pink_ribbon_scars
11-01-2002, 05:28 PM
How was it? Who opened?

mpp
11-02-2002, 07:00 PM
wilco was wonderful

david and naomi (not sure of the names) opened and they were fantastic; really talented people

anyway, the highlight of the show was just watching glenn kotche's percussion performance; he was so fucking good

best numbers: shot in the arm, jesus etc.....but poor places stole the show, imo

Enchanted
11-02-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by The Pantsmaster
when i saw them last week they did have an opener, but damned if i remember what they're called. they weren't that interesting. another sort of "alt-country" band. the best part of their set was when the singer dedicated the set to Abe Lincoln, who was "shot 50 years ago today in this theater (the Orpheum in Boston)". heh

Califone opened for that show too. I thought the best part of the set was when Leroy galloped back out for one of the encores.

They were once again amazing.