View Full Version : tech n9ne - "i'm a playa"

Irrelevant
10-30-2002, 04:02 PM
goddamn. this is the coolest song my younger brother has ever introduced me to.

go download it from kazaa. the chorus kills me.

Irrelevant
10-30-2002, 10:00 PM
you guys are no fun.

Red Wine Cage
10-30-2002, 10:18 PM
his new album is decent, but anghellic is awesome.

besides, "i'm a playa" is crap compared to "imma tell".

i <3 tech n9ne.

10-30-2002, 10:53 PM
That guy is wack, yo

Red Wine Cage
10-30-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by 13
That guy is wack, yo
pssshhh, you wish. http://ubl.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/dre900/e912/e9129111lsg.jpg

10-30-2002, 11:16 PM
I'll admit that I've only heard imma playa whatever, but it didn't exactly encourage me to listen to another one of his songs, much less become a fan, and it's completely disproportionate to the seemingly instant legedary rap status he's already received- even if most of that praise comes from the "rap-conscious" midwest.

Irrelevant
10-31-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by 13
That guy is wack, yo

pretty much yeah, but this song is hilarious.

Red Wine Cage
10-31-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by 13
and it's completely disproportionate to the seemingly instant legedary rap status he's already received- even if most of that praise comes from the "rap-conscious" midwest.
I haven't noticed any legendary status being built up. I will say there's alot of promotion and advertising, but that's just because that's how his company is. He is a good rapper. not great yet, but good.
the reason he's getting alot of attention from the midwest is because he's, well, from Missouri. there's a good deal of rap coming from the midwest, but i wouldn't call us any more "rap-conscious" than any other part of the world.
all i can do is reccomened downloading "i'mma tell", "slacker" and "twisted", i believe it is (from his last album) and if ya don't like it, then it's not for you. no biggie.

Originally posted by Irrelevantpretty much yeah, but this song is hilarious.
:( :mad:

10-31-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Red Wine Cage

the reason he's getting alot of attention from the midwest is because he's, well, from Missouri. there's a good deal of rap coming from the midwest, but i wouldn't call us any more "rap-conscious" than any other part of the world.

I know, i was being sarcastic. Oh and his status that i referred to earlier was the impression I got from a video promo for that i'm a player song in which established rap veterans like gangstarr and dr dre all claimed that he's going to revolutionize the genre. Well I just don't get it.