View Full Version : cookie recipe or something

lucky_13
12-23-2003, 12:01 PM
i am going to a christmas gathering tomorrow at my work. its at noon. we're gonna have lunch and stuff. should i bring something? if so what? its also my last day and i'm just going just so i can get a possible bonus. i'm awful.

so any good simple cookie recipes that will seem impressive?

Lie
12-23-2003, 12:03 PM
On a related note, I think I'm going to get my boyfriend to make chocolate chocolate chunk cookies with espresso chips so I can take them to work and watch everyone bouncing off the walls all day.

Sorry, I'm an unhelpful idiot.

Enzed
12-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey - you're american? Why don't you just buy some of that pre-baked cookie dough and bake it?

However - these are the best biscuits you'll ever taste.

(And by biscuits I mean Cookies, not scones).

HOKEY POKEY BISCUITS
(NEW ZEALAND CRUNCHY SUGAR COOKIES)

1/2 lb. butter
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. milk
2 tsp. golden syrup (Karo)
2 tsp. baking soda
2 1/4 c. flour
Cream together the butter and sugar. Heat syrup and milk. Add soda. This mixture will foam up, add it to the creamed butter and sugar. Blend in flour. form into balls the size of walnuts. Place on cookie sheet leaving 2 inches of space between each. Dip a fork in flour and press down each ball. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden. makes 3 dozen.

lucky_13
12-23-2003, 12:25 PM
i wanted to make puppy chow or whatever they call it. its chex covered in chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar but that seems a bit white trash. :)

Varien
12-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Short bread cookies. Made em tonight.

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted after measuring
1/2 cup cake flour, sifted after measuring
1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)

Heave all that in together. Don't melt the butter. Knead it into a ball and make smaller balled pieces on a non-stick pan. Only people i know of who didn't have these ingredients were probably in the warsaw ghetto.

Enjoy :D

Varien
12-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Hyperbole
fine then.

Jeez.

:confused:

lucky_13
12-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Hyperbole
fine then.

Jeez.
don't get all huffy with me, girl who my boyfriend has a weird fixation on. the recipes and the sites you supplied were very good...i'm just the most indecisive person ever. i'll let you know...