View Full Version : This new band Earshot should be called TÖL

Mr. Rhinoceros
10-28-2002, 09:43 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Because they sound exactly like Tool. Except the drummer can't play like Danny Carey and the singer can't sing like Maynard. It's rather sad.</font>

Eulogy
10-28-2002, 09:47 PM
I downloaded this one song because someone told me they sounded exactly like Tool. I just didn't hear it.

Mr. Rhinoceros
10-28-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy
I downloaded this one song because someone told me they sounded exactly like Tool. I just didn't hear it.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Well, they aren't as good, like I said. But how could you not hear it? The guy wants to be Maynard, it's obvious.</font>

bonsor
10-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Well, they aren't as good, like I said. But how could you not hear it? The guy wants to be Maynard, it's obvious.</font> You know, Maynard isn't the only person in Tool.

Mr. Rhinoceros
10-29-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ******
You know, Maynard isn't the only person in Tool.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Danny Carey is a god. You know I know this. And Adam Jones is super. The bassist is Justin Chancellor, I think.

But I'm talking about the lead singer of TOL—I mean, earshot.</font>

Red Wine Cage
10-29-2002, 12:15 AM
my co worker (who's brother is in AKA, a band that opened at Freaker's Ball, a concert Earshot was also at) even pointed out they sounded like Tool.

Enisled
10-29-2002, 12:22 AM
the singer is kinda like Maynard the Frog.

i saw them open for STP and it was lame. very lame. STP, on the other hand, ruled. Big Time. With a Capital T. And C.

i liked that STP show so much i'm gonna write out all the songs they played.

Dead and Bloated
Sex Type Thing
Wicked Garden
Sin
Creep
Plush
Crackerman
Vasoline
Lounge Fly
Interstate Love Song
Big Empty
Kitchenware and Candybars
Big Bang Baby
Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Dancing Days
Down
Rock Star Bitch

and one or two i didn't recognize.

But Earshot sucked. It was funnt cuz after they went on these dudes Paul and Al went on the stage. They are these two DJ's from this radio station and I'm friends with Paul's son. He had tshirts and was throwing them into the crowd saying shit like 'show us your tits' and it was funny cuz he's such a mild mannered family type guy.

Earshot. Thumbs down.

Fattening Ass
10-29-2002, 12:27 AM
<font color=018f81>I like Earshot. I know this band sounds like tool, but there are noticable differences. I don't compare them, as tool is far superior, but i do like Earshot's Letting Go. I think they'd probably do a cool cover if anything.

FearFactory
10-29-2002, 02:53 AM
I don't know... I'm not a fan or anything, and I can understand how you'd think they sounded like Tool, but I don't think they're blatantly doing it. At least that's what I want to believe.

Best Looking Boy
10-29-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by ******
You know, Maynard isn't the only person in Tool. You are very observant.

SmashingZeppelins
10-29-2002, 07:23 AM
The first time I ever heard their first single a few months ago, I was lkie "Tool ripoff!" It sounds like a cover off of Opiate or something.

nothing matters
10-29-2002, 03:39 PM
earshot is pretty damn good! they arent as good as tool though.

bonsor
10-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy
You are very observant. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Comparing the two bands simply because one of each of the many elements that make up their sound are distantly similar is...wel, dumb.

Best Looking Boy
10-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Ok so you don't like Hoobastank but you do like Incubus?

bonsor
10-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy
Ok so you don't like Hoobastank but you do like Incubus? I enjoy both of them.