View Full Version : damn japanese

Mooney
12-17-2003, 10:31 AM
someone please explain to me why they always get a bonus track..

Pinnacle
12-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Because CD's cost anywhere from $30 to $40 (U.S. currency) in Japan, so the record companies give them one or two extra tracks to try and make it seem more worthwhile.

Crono
12-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Pinnacle
Because CD's cost anywhere from $30 to $40 (U.S. currency) in Japan, so the record companies give them one or two extra tracks to try and make it seem more worthwhile.

Why? Just because of importing the CD's over there or what?

Lil Apache
12-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Mooney

Bands from countries outside of North America who distribute their music within their own borders often put bonus tracks on their U.S. imports.

Egadsman
12-17-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Pinnacle

I assume it's a tariff thing. Japan really has quite high ones, and on about everything imported. Sooner, or later, it's really going to screw them big time.

Transformer
12-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Mooney

To make up for their miniscule peckers

Crono
12-17-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Egadsman

I assume it's a tariff thing. Japan really has quite high ones, and on about everything imported. Sooner, or later, it's really going to screw them big time.

Wrong board, but hasn't it already? I thought that their economy has kinda shitholed recently because of that.

Egadsman
12-17-2003, 02:55 PM
From what I hear, it's moving in that direction. A lot of businesses having problems keeping afloat, and instead of just letting them go under, the government is forcing banks to loan them money, which they can't pay back. So instead of focusing on what is causing their businesses to go under (in a lot of circumstances it's just that the business really needs to fail, because it's not worthwhile anymore), they just feed these failing businesses more money, and they continue to loose it, thus resulting in banks loosing money. And when the banks have no money left....well, you know that's not a good thing. So, unless Japan does something about their many Xenophobic policies, they are in for a world of shit. And, yeah, wrong board, but the question was asked.