View Full Version : The Seychelles Appreciation Post

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 12:22 AM
http://www.mikesweblog.net/images2/seychelles/mountain1.jpghttp://www.kirikou.com/seychelles/ladigue19.jpghttp://www.brookdale.cc.nj.us/staff/sandyhook/dgrant/travels/pushup2.jpghttp://www.plantsci.rdg.ac.uk/news/seychelle2.jpghttp://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/green/gly06/images/mahe2.jpghttp://www.thetimesharebeat.com/yourworld/images/seychelles-laziobch.jpg

SuckSuckStyle
12-05-2003, 12:23 AM
oooh take me there

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle
oooh take me there

Elope?

Mariner
12-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando
http://www.brookdale.cc.nj.us/staff/sandyhook/dgrant/travels/pushup2.jpg

TURTLE WANT TO BEAT PHILIP!

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Mariner
TURTLE WANT TO BEAT PHILIP!

Thanks, that made me laugh.

SuckSuckStyle
12-05-2003, 12:26 AM

Elope?

mkay!

Mr. Rhinoceros
12-05-2003, 12:51 AM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Are those the islands that are sinking into the sea?</font>

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Are those the islands that are sinking into the sea?</font>

I don't know. Not that I am aware of, but I haven't been there in thirteen or so years.

What is causing said islands to sink into the sea?

mewl
12-05-2003, 12:55 AM
i almost went diving there for my 18th birthday, but opted for kenya instead.

Mr. Rhinoceros
12-05-2003, 12:57 AM

I don't know. Not that I am aware of, but I haven't been there in thirteen or so years.

What is causing said islands to sink into the sea?

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">A combination of plate tectonics, erosion, and global warming.

I think the islands i speak of start with an M. or perhaps a C.</font>

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by mewl
i almost went diving there for my 18th birthday, but opted for kenya instead.

I did some great snorkeling in the Seychelles. Did you go on safaris in Kenya? Did you get mugged in Nairobi?

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 01:04 AM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">A combination of plate tectonics, erosion, and global warming.

I think the islands i speak of start with an M. or perhaps a C.</font>

Maldives? Mauritius? Comoros? Madagascar?

mewl
12-05-2003, 01:14 AM

I did some great snorkeling in the Seychelles. Did you go on safaris in Kenya? Did you get mugged in Nairobi?

yup, got the best pictures too. i didn't spend much time in nairobi. i was mostly out in the middle of nowhere, it was awesome.

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 01:16 AM

yup, got the best pictures too. i didn't spend much time in nairobi. i was mostly out in the middle of nowhere, it was awesome.

Did you stay at the Treetops or whatever the lodge is called? Or did you go to the restaurant, the Carnivore? Those places were great.

mewl
12-05-2003, 04:26 AM

Did you stay at the Treetops or whatever the lodge is called? Or did you go to the restaurant, the Carnivore? Those places were great.

yeah i stayed a night at treetops, as well as a few others. one night we camped out. is the carnivore that restaurant in nairobi where you get to eat all the crazy shit like aligator and zebra? if so, then yes i went there too.

that's neat that you've been places, too. traveling is fun :)

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 04:34 AM
one night we camped out. is the carnivore that restaurant in nairobi where you get to eat all the crazy shit like aligator and zebra? if so, then yes i went there too.

You camped out? That's crazy. Yeah, the Carnivore is where you go and pay a flat dollar amount and they bring all the different animals on skewers and you tell them what you want. Yeah, all the weird kinds of animals you don't come across, and they all pretty much taste like chicken or wild game.

Did you get to see Mount Kilimanjaro? Did you go to that place with the line for the equator and you can stand on either side and they do something with the water? That was fun, and Mt. Kilimanjaro was pretty.

mewl
12-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Did you get to see Mount Kilimanjaro? Did you go to that place with the line for the equator and you can stand on either side and they do something with the water? That was fun, and Mt. Kilimanjaro was pretty.

I saw it from afar but I didn't go up close to it or anything. Isn't it in Tanzania or something? And yeah i went to the equator! it was wicked neat how the water went backwards. i went to a museum in nairobi and took tons of pictures, goofing off with my friends. i saw a lioness kill a dikdik or however it's spelled. i saw tons of animals. a monkey got into my friend katie's room and scared the shit out of her. and i was so terrified of being bit by mosquitos that i was always putting bug spray on myself, even though i got all the immunizations and stuff before i went. i loved it. and camping wasn't as crazy as it sounds. we were on a compound with no animals. the stars were fucking amazing.

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 04:53 AM

I saw it from afar but I didn't go up close to it or anything. Isn't it in Tanzania or something?

I think it is on the border or so, not far out from Kenya. I forgot about the Malaria pills and having the mosquito nets on some of the beds. Sounds like you had a great time. I was about 11 or so when I went, and my parents have all the pictures in storage somewhere, so I appreciate you reminding me of all this. It brings back good memories that I had forgotten.

mewl
12-05-2003, 04:59 AM

I think it is on the border or so, not far out from Kenya. I forgot about the Malaria pills and having the mosquito nets on some of the beds. Sounds like you had a great time. I was about 11 or so when I went, and my parents have all the pictures in storage somewhere, so I appreciate you reminding me of all this. It brings back good memories that I had forgotten.

malarex!! is that what it's called? the green pill? it made me sick everytime i took it. blah. did you stay at the resort that was at the lake? with all the birds? and there was this huge balcony/dining area that overlooked it all...god, it a gorgeous country. did you see the masai tribe?

RopeyLopey
12-05-2003, 06:13 AM

I think the islands i speak of start with an M. or perhaps a C.</font> You mean Maledives.

RopeyLopey
12-05-2003, 06:19 AM

I forgot about the Malaria pills and having the mosquito nets on some of the beds.
Malaria pills are retarded. They are so expensive, and you have to take them on regular basis, they mess up with your stomach, so you feel sick all the time.
I never get them.
I only got shots against stomach typhus, yellow fever, and hepatitis A and B.

2Marlon2Brando
12-05-2003, 10:41 AM
did you see the masai tribe?

Yeah! I don't remember if it was them or another tribe, but which ones are the ones that can jump really high? They put on a show for us and they were all jumping crazy high! What did they speak over there, was it Swahili or something?

mewl
12-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Yeah! I don't remember if it was them or another tribe, but which ones are the ones that can jump really high? They put on a show for us and they were all jumping crazy high! What did they speak over there, was it Swahili or something?

yup. that was the masai. and yeah, swahili. JAMBO!!!!!!!! (that's all i learned):erm

2Marlon2Brando
12-06-2003, 02:42 AM

yup. that was the masai. and yeah, swahili. JAMBO!!!!!!!! (that's all i learned):erm

My dad wanted to go on a hot-air-balloon ride and I wouldn't go because I was too scared, so he didn't go. I really regret that now, it would have been beautiful, and I feel horrible that he didn't get to go.

mewl
12-06-2003, 02:44 AM

My dad wanted to go on a hot-air-balloon ride and I wouldn't go because I was too scared, so he didn't go. I really regret that now, it would have been beautiful, and I feel horrible that he didn't get to go.

dayum. that kind of made me sad. i've done that kind of thing a lot to my dad, though. if you don't mind me asking, how old are you now?

2Marlon2Brando
12-06-2003, 02:46 AM

dayum. that kind of made me sad. i've done that kind of thing a lot to my dad, though. if you don't mind me asking, how old are you now?

23. You?

mewl
12-06-2003, 02:49 AM

11 wasn't too far back for you, then, I guess. Or maybe it was... Now that I think about it, I can't remember 11 for anything.

Do you still do a lot of traveling?

2Marlon2Brando
12-06-2003, 02:52 AM

11 wasn't too far back for you, then, I guess. Or maybe it was... Now that I think about it, I can't remember 11 for anything.

Do you still do a lot of traveling?

Not really. I did most of my travelling when I lived overseas. A couple of years ago my parents lived in Scotland, and I visited them twice, but just in Scotland.

I like them being here close, but I sure do miss free tickets to halfway around the world.