View Full Version : Kinski wasn't half bad yesterday

Nothing/everything
11-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Despite the negative stuff i've read about them i checked them out yesterday. Their track on the split LP with Amcid mothers is nice, and so was the concert.

Ok, their music is a darn cliche, with nothing original at all, but the show rocked ass and both the crowd and the band were really into it. I even bought their latest album, which sounds nice, but doesn't really flow over with new ideas and is just a ongoing quiet loud quiet thing.

Quite a good night for 4 euros, but tonight's going to be even better with the deadly snakes and the thermals.

babyletswhine
11-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
Despite the negative stuff i've read about them i checked them out yesterday. Their track on the split LP with Amcid mothers is nice, and so was the concert.

Ok, their music is a darn cliche, with nothing original at all, but the show rocked ass and both the crowd and the band were really into it. I even bought their latest album, which sounds nice, but doesn't really flow over with new ideas and is just a ongoing quiet loud quiet thing.

Quite a good night for 4 euros, but tonight's going to be even better with the deadly snakes and the thermals.

Ok, their music is a darn cliche, with nothing original at all (thermals + deadly snakes)

MstrGhost
11-28-2003, 11:46 PM
I really , really envy you, i'd kill to see them live, but instead I only have a ticket for blood fucking apc. Airs above your station is my fave album from the last 2 years, I don't care if it's cliche, it's much better than let's say, young team, the only album i'd compare it with.

Nothing/everything
11-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by babyletswhine
Ok, their music is a darn cliche, with nothing original at all (thermals + deadly snakes)

the deadly snakes sucked ass. Really uninspired party music. The other headliner, PW Long, was excellent. Drunk and raw bluesy stuff.

The thermals rocked hard, and the crowd went mad. Got kicked in the face by crowdsurfers, pushed by drunk 16 year olds and i got 2 liters of beer over me, but my recording turned out ok. Originality might not have been the keyword yesterday, but a great rock show it was. I'd rather watch these guys than sunburned hand of the man throwing around with big wooden sticks for 30 minutes (although shotm was nice as well).