View Full Version : other bands need to take a hint from Tori Amos' greatest hits

jack_kerouac03
11-27-2003, 04:11 AM
So I bought 'Tales of a Librarian' - Tori Amos' greatest hits collection today, and its really good (if you are a Tori fan)

This is what i thought was really cool though:

instead of a half-assed collection of songs thrown together like most Greatest Hits collections are, alot of time and effort went into this record.

What blew me away is that she added string sections in songs that didn't have them before, she did new back-up vocals for some songs, and in some cases all new vocal tracks. Everything was re-mastered, and in some cases songs sound really different. If this pissed off fans, too bad - you still have all of the original songs on their respective records.

The bonus DVD is also cool - (in most cases its Record Company fluff and not anything really good) three live soundcheck performances and some of her songs in surround sound, while tons of unreleased photos play in a slide show.

It would be awesome if other bands took this much time and did cool stuff for their GH cds, instead of just adding one or two new songs.

Nimrod's Son
11-27-2003, 04:14 AM
I would, but unfortunately every song on the album features Tori Amos.

THRILLHO
11-27-2003, 05:21 AM
that's kinda neat. in addition, the picture of her on the cover is by far the fuckin' hawttest picture of her to date.

strange_one
11-27-2003, 09:41 AM
<font color=33FFFF> I haven't got it yet, but it sounds pretty underwhelming to me. there could be far more material on the bonus dvd to start with, three songs is nothing.

if she really wanted to go far with it she should have rerecorded/reinterpreted every track on the album</font>

mirrar
11-27-2003, 03:12 PM
i think i'm gonna have to pick that up. even tho i have all the albums.

mewl
11-28-2003, 07:01 PM
I got it today. It's all good, except for the new version of Professional Widow. What. The. Fuck.(?) Snow Cherries from France makes up for it, though. Gorgeous.

Andy /
11-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by jack_kerouac03
What blew me away is that she added string sections in songs that didn't have them before, she did new back-up vocals for some songs, and in some cases all new vocal tracks. Everything was re-mastered, and in some cases songs sound really different. If this pissed off fans, too bad - you still have all of the original songs on their respective records.

So, she pulled a George Lucas? Way to go, Tori.