View Full Version : Leadmen with Morrison-esque stage rants

bonsor
10-27-2002, 12:33 AM
I know Billy does it. As far as I know, nobody else really has the balls (or lack of dignity depending on how you look at it) to go up onstage and rant almost mindlessly in song. I'm just curious to hear what other people who do it sound like, and if they pull it off as well, or better than morrison or corgan.

sawdust restaurants
10-27-2002, 12:54 AM
A brick could pull it off better than Billy 90% of the time.

bonsor
10-27-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
A brick could pull it off better than Billy 90% of the time. the same could be said for jimmy boy.

Enisled
10-27-2002, 02:09 AM
Phil Anselmo rants a whole fucking lot. but not during songs, only between them.

"SMOKE WEED, DROP ACID, AND EAT PUSSY TIL YOUR FUCKING JAW FALLS OFF... THIS SONG IS CALLED FUCKING HOSTILE!!!"

Lie
10-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Well, Perry Ferrall, but that's a little different.

ChristHimself!
10-27-2002, 12:55 PM
I think Jim Morrison was fucking excellent at it, I can't think of anyone who could overshadow his presence with things like that, even on cd. As a pumpkins fan I enjoy Billy's rants but ... how can i say this.. some are better than others (no gods+cogs+machines4me)

Jeff (Buckley) will sometimes stop during songs and speak and just keep playing the song and go back into it.. I bet if he would've lived just a few more years he would've been smoking weed, dropping acid, eating pussy till his jaw almost fell off and then drinking john daniels and becoming the lizard king himself.

I also like Puff Daddys rants:

"What the fuck I'ma do now?
What I'ma do now?
Can y'all hear me out there?
Can y'all hear me out there?

Fuck y'all niggaz wanna do

It's all fucked up now
What I'ma do now, huh?
What I'ma do now
It's all fucked up now"