View Full Version : I just heard the taodies for the first time...

SPZero
10-26-2002, 02:33 PM
I like it.
*downloadz more*

Give me some suggestions

wounded
10-26-2002, 04:27 PM
Doll skin, definately download doll skin.

SPZero
10-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Amazing Disgrace

Do you mean The Toadies? If so, I really like:
Tyler
Backslider
Happy Face
What We Have We Steal

yes, thats it

Junebug
10-26-2002, 11:30 PM
hah well they don't really have that much stuff in the first place but here's what I'd recommend....I lost Rubberneck though so most are from Hell Below:

Heel
Pressed Against The Sky
Hell Below Stars Above
Motivational
Tyler
...I'm sure you've heard Possum Kingdom at some point...
I Come From the Water
I Burn

....it's too bad they broke up. They really weren't that bad. Good music for getting pumped up/drving around in the car and singing aloud heh....

Suicide Machine
10-26-2002, 11:49 PM
I Come From the Water
Tyler
When I'm Away

Enisled
10-27-2002, 12:28 AM
The Toadies were my very first concert all the way back in 96. it was a good time.

But like everyone else has said, 'Tyler' is the shit

Jesse Miller
10-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by SPZero
I like it.
*downloadz more*

Give me some suggestions

Where Is My Mind?
Bone Machine
Gouge Away

JHeibel
10-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller

Where Is My Mind?
Bone Machine
Gouge Away

Funny guy. But seriously, the Pixies were their major influence. Hell, they even covered "Where is My Mind?" on their last tour. Speaking of, a live version of this cover will be on their upcoming live album - Best of Toadies: Live from Paradise - due out on Nov 19 or 26.

FYI, Todd Lewis (singer/guitarist) started a new band called Burden Brothers. They have already released a couple EPs, available through their website, plus they have a few songs at mp3.com.

www.burdenbrothersmusic.com

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/370/burden_brothers.html

Best Looking Boy
10-28-2002, 05:34 PM
Haha, you have to hand crank your computers down in Kentucky and McCollum is having problems with his wrists.

McCollum
10-29-2002, 01:23 AM
*fap, fap, fap* *in the **********: "i'll show you my dark secret"*

huh, someone mentioned me. ha, i thought i was relatively unknown around here by now. Hey, i like plenty of other bands too but yeah, just check out both their albums and you'll be set. Very classic stuff. No rap/rock shit and just plain fun stuff to listen to with good lyrics and rockin' guitar. Burden Brothers aren't that great but they have a couple decent songs.

Hmm, and you guys even took note of where i'm from. how strange. Be thankful, there are plenty of horrible bands out there one could be obsessed with, for instance anything fronted by travis meeks.