obscured01
11-21-2003, 10:01 AM
<font color="DAB9E8">My employees :(</font>

twilightfadez
11-21-2003, 10:03 AM
pull a Castro on them

obscured01
11-21-2003, 10:05 AM
<font color="DAB9E8">It's a mutiny! Just one of them is causing all the problems, and he's the one plotting the rest of them against me. And the owner loves him, because he's a fucking suck up, so I can't just fire him. :(</font>

twilightfadez
11-21-2003, 10:06 AM
what exactly are they doing?

obscured01
11-21-2003, 10:08 AM
<font color="DAB9E8">The one guy I was referring to wants my job... so he's sucking up to the owner saying I'm unable to do my job right... and he's got the other guys not listening to what I tell them to do... :(

It's a whole power struggle thing. </font>

Victor_Mancini
11-21-2003, 10:09 AM
You should get your boyfriend to kick his ass. Or, download some pr0n on his computer.

twilightfadez
11-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by obscured01
<font color="DAB9E8">The one guy I was referring to wants my job... so he's sucking up to the owner saying I'm unable to do my job right... and he's got the other guys not listening to what I tell them to do... :(

It's a whole power struggle thing. </font>

well confront the owner, and explain that you are capable of doing your duties efficiently.

obscured01
11-21-2003, 10:11 AM
<font color="DAB9E8">I would. Definately... when Zach was still in town (he works here in the summers, and breaks from school too) he was in the supervisor position below me... and we interviewed this guy I'm having trouble with, and Zach hated him. HATED him. So he'd have no trouble kicking his ass. If only he were back in town :(</font>

obscured01
11-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by twilightfadez

well confront the owner, and explain that you are capable of doing your duties efficiently.

<font color="DAB9E8">I think I'm going to have to.</font>

Victor_Mancini
11-21-2003, 10:14 AM
I still think my idea is better

RopeyLopey
11-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by twilightfadez

well confront the owner, and explain that you are capable of doing your duties efficiently. That sucks, but I think this is the only thing you can really do about it.

DeviousJ
11-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Do you have any concrete evidence that they're not doing what they're told? If you're in a managerial position, it's your responsibility to give instruction and have it followed - if you can prove that they're not doing what they're told, then they can be disciplined; if you go to your superior and basically say 'no-one's listening to me' it will look as though you're less than capable. Be very careful about how you talk to your manager, especially if he likes this guy. Instead of focusing on him, you might want to generally get everyone in line. How much power do you have there?

obscured01
11-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
Do you have any concrete evidence that they're not doing what they're told? If you're in a managerial position, it's your responsibility to give instruction and have it followed - if you can prove that they're not doing what they're told, then they can be disciplined; if you go to your superior and basically say 'no-one's listening to me' it will look as though you're less than capable. Be very careful about how you talk to your manager, especially if he likes this guy. Instead of focusing on him, you might want to generally get everyone in line. How much power do you have there?

<font color="DAB9E8">I'm in charge of the tech support department, I'm the manager. I've ultimately in charge of making sure everything in this department runs smoothly... and that every one is doing their job effectively...</font>

DeviousJ
11-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by obscured01

<font color="DAB9E8">I'm in charge of the tech support department, I'm the manager. I've ultimately in charge of making sure everything in this department runs smoothly... and that every one is doing their job effectively...</font>

Right, so for you to go to your superiors for help over this could be a bad thing. What I'm saying is, follow the correct protocol - try and do what you can, and when it's clear that action has to be taken then you call in the big guns. What you don't want is for this guy to be trying to make you seem incapable of doing your job and having that affirmed by you admitting you can't manage your department (which is what it will seem like, if the guy knows what he's doing). Make sure you can point to some incidents where your authority was challenged by these guys, so there are obvious grounds for some kind of action. Make a strong case.

This might be overkill, but I don't want you to have problems with *your* supervisor over this. Be as professional as you can about it.