View Full Version : Who's going to Hand of Doom tonight?

Smiley
10-26-2002, 10:03 AM
I'll be there with a couple of friends. Just wondering if any other Netphorians are going... I'll be wearing a red zwan t-shirt and jean jacket (and I'm short and scruffy, and I wear glasses). And I'll probably be wearing pants too. I have a minidisc recorder, but I don't feel like taping because it's too much of a hassle. I just wanna go and have a good time. I might bring a digital camera though.

It would be cool to run into some of the NY-area Pumpkinheads that I haven't seen since 2000. I'm driving up from NJ. So who's going?

shaniqua
10-26-2002, 11:55 AM
tape dammit! what if ronnie james IHA makes an appearance!

useful idiot
10-26-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Smiley
I'll be there with a couple of friends. Just wondering if any other Netphorians are going... I'll be wearing a red zwan t-shirt and jean jacket (and I'm short and scruffy, and I wear glasses). And I'll probably be wearing pants too. I have a minidisc recorder, but I don't feel like taping because it's too much of a hassle. I just wanna go and have a good time. I might bring a digital camera though.

It would be cool to run into some of the NY-area Pumpkinheads that I haven't seen since 2000. I'm driving up from NJ. So who's going?

well, jen told work she wasnt going to the show because you weren't going. well they asked her to work 3pm - 11pm. so i take it jen and i aren't going. have fun :p

Nothing/everything
10-26-2002, 01:47 PM
I do hope this gets taped, Hand of doom rocks

Age Of Empathy
10-26-2002, 02:15 PM
they do put on a good show, have a good time.

useful idiot
10-26-2002, 02:28 PM
thanks, mister 'i don't wanna be bothered with going all that way for a shitty band.'

Smiley
10-26-2002, 04:33 PM
ok so I made a topic about who's going, and nobody here who replied is actually going.

alright, i'll probably tape... but i'm not making any promises though.

jen, you know i'm indecisive and you should have never believed me when i said i wasn't going... I emailed you last night or this morning or something but you never get my emails. you and john should ditch whatever you're doing and come. :(

C33
10-26-2002, 08:18 PM
hey Nothing/everything

luv your motorpsycho avatar
:D

Nothing/everything
10-27-2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Crestfallen33
hey Nothing/everything

luv your motorpsycho avatar

Thanks!

GrungeGuy
10-27-2002, 04:32 PM
Fun show. Melissa was beautiful. She was also really chatty tonight. I was very impressed she remembered me. I haven't seen her since December 2000. I thought for sure she would have forgeten me, but she came right up to me and said hey!
There is nothing wrong with a little Black Sabbath.

Smiley
10-28-2002, 08:50 AM
It was a good show... maybe I'll post a more extensive review later, and maybe some pics. We brought a digital camera with us and we must have taken 50 or 60 pictures. Melissa is just so very photogenic.

I taped on minidisc and I'll probably transfer it over to CD tonight. I've listened to it a couple of times so far... it came out good, but it's not perfect. I mean, it's complete and there are no skips or anything, but the sound is a little off because I was up front enjoying the show rather than off to the side taping from the stacks. I did get to ask Melissa about taping though... she's very cool with it. She said they weren't taping the show themselves because they're "not that organized".

The place was cool, but the crowd was a bit dissapointing... I don't think there were that many people there for Melissa. The crowd was a mix of Melissa fans, trendy nightclub goers, and middle-aged stoners who probably saw Sabbath in the 70's.

I saw Grungeguy there and I said "are you a retard?" but I don't know if he got the joke. He was kinda just like "um yeah... whatever you say man" *backs away slowly*

I kissed Billy
10-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Smiley
It was a good show...

WTF?

sarasvati
10-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Did anyone buy the album - and is it any good?

shaniqua
10-28-2002, 11:13 PM
so andrew wk was there... what about a certain james? ;)

Esotarious
10-28-2002, 11:18 PM
I want a new James Album

GrungeGuy
10-29-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by pale_princess
so andrew wk was there... what about a certain james? ;)
How did you know? Andrew?
No James sorry. I sure hope MAdM and WK are JUST friends. He is so fucking weird.

The Gaddrow
10-29-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by sarasvati
Did anyone buy the album - and is it any good? Yeah, I bought it about a month ago. I did it, but probably only because it is Melissa. I can say it gave me a desire to hear more Sabbath, so that is a good thing, I think. And Nick Oliveri is soooo much better than the guy doing The Mob Rules at the Toronto show.

twilightfadez
10-29-2002, 01:53 PM
the album is just great....defenitely get it
she is just so damn talented and charismatic
i can't wait for her solo album...and her new website
http://www.aufdermaur.com