View Full Version : I figured out why Applebee's is creepy

Lie
09-27-2002, 01:30 AM
I know why it's atrocious, mind you, but I just figured out why it's creepy. Because they cover the walls with all this shit from local high schools and have a server greet you at the door and put all this effort into making it seem like your friendly neighborhood bar & grill when everyone knows it's a chain. And that's not even really it. What's really creepy is that people totally buy into it. You walk in and you see all these old people and high school kids and families taking double comfort in the local feel and totally American atmosphere of the place, and it's all so fake. It's like where people go when they want to feel like there's still a such thing as community and decent local hang-outs in their slowly self-commercializing town, and it's fucking Applebee's.

Ihaman
09-27-2002, 01:33 AM
IT ACTUALLYMAKES SENSE!

Why Am I So Ugly?
09-27-2002, 01:35 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Lie:
I know why it's atrocious, mind you, but I just figured out why it's creepy. Because they cover the walls with all this shit from local high schools and have a server greet you at the door and put all this effort into making it seem like your friendly neighborhood bar & grill when everyone knows it's a chain. And that's not even really it. What's really creepy is that people totally buy into it. You walk in and you see all these old people and high school kids and families taking double comfort in the local feel and totally American atmosphere of the place, and it's all so fake. It's like where people go when they want to feel like there's still a such thing as community and decent local hang-outs in their slowly self-commercializing town, and it's fucking Applebee's.</font>

its called customer service, moron. its an effective way to get repeat customers. in fact, its neccessary for them to have premium service in order to compete with restaurants like Chili's and TGIF's who also excel at customer service. As for the "local community" feel, its pretty authentic. Even though Chili's maybe a national chain, it doesnt mean that each individual restaurant isnt actively involved within their local communities. They do many community service projects.

Lie
09-27-2002, 01:36 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Why Am I So Ugly?:
its called customer service, moron. its an effective way to get repeat customers. in fact, its neccessary for them to have premium service in order to compete with restaurants like Chili's and TGIF's who also excel at customer service. As for the "local community" feel, its pretty authentic. Even though Chili's maybe a national chain, it doesnt mean that each individual restaurant isnt actively involved within their local communities. They do many community service projects.</font>

Yeah, and customer service is fucking creepy.

Ihaman
09-27-2002, 01:38 AM
well, in the end it's just a marketing ploy to raise money for the board of directors at some high chair in business capital of the world.

Why Am I So Ugly?
09-27-2002, 01:38 AM
Yeah, and customer service is fucking creepy.</font>

stop

Lie
09-27-2002, 01:40 AM
stop</font>

No, U.

Lie
09-27-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey, why are you so ugly?

Why Am I So Ugly?
09-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Hey, why are you so ugly?</font>

that was really uninspired. now apologize

Lie
09-27-2002, 04:15 AM
that was really uninspired. now apologize </font>

No, why should I do all the work? I think you should apologize.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-27-2002, 04:57 AM
I know why it's atrocious, mind you, but I just figured out why it's creepy. Because they cover the walls with all this shit from local high schools and have a server greet you at the door and put all this effort into making it seem like your friendly neighborhood bar & grill when everyone knows it's a chain. And that's not even really it. What's really creepy is that people totally buy into it. You walk in and you see all these old people and high school kids and families taking double comfort in the local feel and totally American atmosphere of the place, and it's all so fake. It's like where people go when they want to feel like there's still a such thing as community and decent local hang-outs in their slowly self-commercializing town, and it's fucking Applebee's.</font>

<font color=#007AAA>Nicely put. You aren't an idiot after all.

------------------
Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.

DeviousJ
09-27-2002, 05:46 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros:
<font color=#007AAA>Nicely put. You aren't an idiot after all.

</font>

Hey, it's official!

Lie
09-27-2002, 05:53 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DeviousJ:
Hey, it's official!</font>

Oh shit, does this mean I have to start being nice to him?

BlueStar
09-27-2002, 07:33 AM
customer service is fucking creepy.</font>

<font color=#ADD8E6>But, I'll keep going there because I like their honey mustard sauce.

------------------
~*~Samantha~*~

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~sag249/sigankle.jpg

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Oh shit, does this mean I have to start being nice to him?</font>

<font color=#007AAA>Probably not.

------------------

scouse_dave
09-27-2002, 05:25 PM
Yeah, and customer service is fucking creepy.</font>

customer service = I WANT YOUR TIPS

Sepiae
09-27-2002, 05:33 PM
Applebee's is creepy because they have carousel animals everywhere to stare at you while you eat.

And 45 year old waiters who flirt with young girls.

Actually, I don't have a single non-creepy story from Applebee's.

FuzzyLogic
09-27-2002, 05:35 PM
applebee's food sucks ass.

i greatly dislike applebees.

Magic the Gathering
09-27-2002, 05:58 PM
I don't care how commited to the community they are or how great their service is. Their food is ass. So is TGIF's, Olive Garden's, Chili's, Red Robin's, Red Lobster's and all of those other ass cuisine emporiums.

And actually, I haven't really been impressed with the service in those places. I think it's a bonus when your server is some 19-year-old hottie but then it's not so great when she brings you the wrong dish and/or the damn thing has been under a heat lamp for a half hour because she's been on her cell phone talking to her brain dead frat boyfriend. You're paying $5 for a beer and some kid over from you keeps running around and probably has a soiled diaper. The kid's parents seem to be fucking zombies or they've just forgotten that they have a fucking kid. You try to deal and try to forget that you're paying $$$ for something you could have made yourself and just had gotten drunk at home. Come around when you want to get the fuck out of this horrifying, visually and audibly assaulting establishment, your server must have gone off to screw her frat boy boyfriend because she ain't around to give you the tab. Thoughts of skipping out on the tab crosses your mind and just when you're going to run out she shows up and has put on 2 more drinks that you didn't order. Then you have to wait for them to get that cleared up on the computer, except that the manager has to override it, and he's out in the parking lot getting stoned with one of the busboys.

Now I'm not saying that this doesn't happen in the locally and independently owned places, but it does happen less often than the chains.

Lie
09-27-2002, 06:02 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Magic the Gathering:
I don't care how commited to the community they are or how great their service is. Their food is ass. So is TGIF's, Olive Garden's, Chili's, Red Robin's, Red Lobster's and all of those other ass cuisine emporiums.

And actually, I haven't really been impressed with the service in those places. I think it's a bonus when your server is some 19-year-old hottie but then it's not so great when she brings you the wrong dish and/or the damn thing has been under a heat lamp for a half hour because she's been on her cell phone talking to her brain dead frat boyfriend. You're paying $5 for a beer and some kid over from you keeps running around and probably has a soiled diaper. The kid's parents seem to be fucking zombies or they've just forgotten that they have a fucking kid. You try to deal and try to forget that you're paying $$$ for something you could have made yourself and just had gotten drunk at home. Come around when you want to get the fuck out of this horrifying, visually and audibly assaulting establishment, your server must have gone off to screw her frat boy boyfriend because she ain't around to give you the tab. Thoughts of skipping out on the tab crosses your mind and just when you're going to run out she shows up and has put on 2 more drinks that you didn't order. Then you have to wait for them to get that cleared up on the computer, except that the manager has to override it, and he's out in the parking lot getting stoned with one of the busboys.

Now I'm not saying that this doesn't happen in the locally and independently owned places, but it does happen less often than the chains. </font>

This is more or less exactly what I meant.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-27-2002, 06:04 PM
<font color=#007AAA>Almost all waiters are incompetent crybaby posers.

------------------

Kalsedony
09-27-2002, 06:34 PM
Every time I've gone there, they've covered the meals with cheese. Con-fucking-gealed orange cheese.

beef curtains
09-27-2002, 07:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Magic the Gathering:
. </font>

*cries* I guess I like ass cuisine.
TGIF's is HORRID tho

noyen
09-27-2002, 07:42 PM
i went to this bar once.. and went in the bathroom. the female one to be exact.

and someone's butt exploded all over the wall and mirror and shit. it was like someone bent over standing straight up when they had a massive shit in the chamber, and then squote it out with such force that the shit separated into a billion little chunks.

------------------
http://www.trailersworld.com/movies_pics/0024.jpg

"I have to return some videotapes."

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-27-2002, 08:15 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by noyen:

and someone's butt exploded all over the wall and mirror and shit. it was like someone bent over standing straight up when they had a massive shit in the chamber, and then squote it out with such force that the shit separated into a billion little chunks.

</font>

<font color=#007AAA>If i was the busboy on that shift, I would have just walked out.

------------------

Orchestra
09-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Hey, why are you so ugly?</font>

Good morning, Don't cop out

beef curtains
09-28-2002, 09:04 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by noyen:

</font>

I was in the WinCo (grocery store) bathroom a couple months back, and some old woman was in the stall next to me trying to remove her poopy pants http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif
There was poo all over. Unfortunately I'd already made the committment to go potty before I realized what was happening, so i had to hold my breath until i could escape

------------------
http://www.wsu.edu/~swinn/kith.jpg

Tessellation
09-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Never eaten at an Applebee's and I don't intend to.

Marie Calendar's serves awful, awful food...

skippy
09-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Olive Garden is the most insulting of all those chains with it's "when you're here, you're family" bullshit. I love how they use Italians in their commercials as if any self respecting Italian American would set foot in that fucking dump.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/shiggy.jpg

Crippler
09-28-2002, 10:36 PM
<font color="aquamarine">Our local Applebee's aren't all that great, I got food poisoning at Olive Garden, I hate seafood (NOREDLOBSTER4ME!)...

I think I'll just stick with the Ming Dynasty Chinese restaurant that just opened here...their food is probably the best Chinese I've ever had.

skippy
09-28-2002, 10:37 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Crippler:
I think I'll just stick with the Ming Dynasty Chinese restaurant that just opened here...their food is probably the best Chinese I've ever had.</font>

P.F. Chang's = best Chinese food ever. If you have one near you then you know what I'm talking about.

Tessellation
09-28-2002, 10:40 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Crippler:
<font color="aquamarine">Our local Applebee's aren't all that great, I got food poisoning at Olive Garden, I hate seafood (NOREDLOBSTER4ME!)...

I think I'll just stick with the Ming Dynasty Chinese restaurant that just opened here...their food is probably the best Chinese I've ever had.</font>

My dag got food poisoning from an El Pollo Loco twenty years ago. I got sick from a Filet o' Fish sandwich from McDonald's eleven years ago.

Avoid chain restauans lke the plague(although milkshakes are harmless)

Crippler
09-28-2002, 10:42 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Tessellation:

My dag got food poisoning...</font>

<font color="aquamarine">Dags? Y'like dags?