View Full Version : Netphoria : help me choose an essay topic for Poli Sci

Injektilo
11-11-2003, 10:20 PM
I'm ass deep in papers right now, and i've got one due on the 20th that i still haven't picked a topic for.

my two options (i've narrowed it down to these two anyway) are :

2. One of the most fascinating results of the USA presidential elections of 2000 is that even though Bush lost popular vote he became a president thanks to electoral votes. Such a result has sparked a passionate debate about the legitimacy of the entire electorate process in the USA. Evaluate arguments for or against the current American electorate system.

3. Discuss China’s model of development that combines the leading role of the communist party in the state and society with the capitalist economy. What are the limits of this model? Is the continuing Chinese economic growth bound to increase societal pressures on the Communist party and the state to accept political reforms?

Basically, i'm trying to figure out what topic would be best for coming up with enough info to write 12 pages. I figure the US 2000 election one would be best for finding lots of information, but then i'm not sure i can write for 12 pages without running out of relevent things to say.
The China one interests me more, but i'm worried it would be tough to find the information necessary to answer the question fully.

anyway. just vote and tell me. i'm about ready to just flip a coin.

mirrar
11-11-2003, 10:24 PM
plug both ideas into your online library thing and see which one has more relevent articles, that way it's easier for you.

BlueStar
11-11-2003, 11:21 PM
I think the 2000 election would be an easier topic. There are tons of articles on it (lots of tv show transcripts as well) and even a couple of books. And it would probably be less complicated than the China thing.

Lizard Queen
11-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Do what MirrorUntrue said.
Check not only what the library has, but what hasn't been snatched up by the eager beavers as well.

Injektilo
11-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Lizard Queen
Do what MirrorUntrue said.
Check not only what the library has, but what hasn't been snatched up by the eager beavers as well.

yeah, thats the problem, all the books in the library are probably long gone. There's always stuff in journals and whatnot, but.....
searching for stuff doesn't really help me that much cause our system doesn't really work that way.