View Full Version : Saw The Dismemberment Plan last night


Example
10-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Crazy Fun!

Jesse
10-26-2002, 10:23 AM
very fun live

Nothing/everything
10-26-2002, 01:35 PM
Great band live

SPheart9
10-26-2002, 02:30 PM
i'm seeing them in november.

did the french kicks open for them at that show by any chance? i'm wondering what they'll be like?



awesome band, i can't wait to see them again.

Example
10-26-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by SPheart9

did the french kicks open for them at that show by any chance?

In Media Res and Riddle of Steel opened when I saw them.

Why Am I So Ugly?
10-27-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Example


In Media Res and Riddle of Steel opened when I saw them.
ah riddle of steel. i saw them open for enon. they sucked.

spa ced
10-27-2002, 07:05 PM
Tonight.
Emo's.
Austin, TX.

Brute Squad
10-30-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by sp_aced
Tonight.
Emo's.
Austin, TX.

D-Plan was fucking amazing, and Divisions of Laura Lee was great(bought their album too).

Was it just me, or was everyone and their mom at that show? So many damned scenesters....

Too bad I didn't see you there. I don't think I've seen you since the Juno/Rainer Maria show. Or was it Tortoise?

error
10-30-2002, 05:25 PM
I hated them when I saw them in Toronto last Spring.
They were just one gimmick after another.
"Now I'll tell jokes from The Onion... Now I want two crowd members to wrestle on stage for this whole song... Now I'll rip a stuffed toy iguna apart and wear it on my head... all to distract you from the fact that my catalog of songs are disturbingly redundant (except for songs like "dismemberment plan gets rich", which is a gimmick inandof itself). Please Like me... wait, I'll pose for you."

Death Cab was really good though. and so was Cex.

Jesse
10-30-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by error
I hated them when I saw them in Toronto last Spring.
They were just one gimmick after another.
"Now I'll tell jokes from The Onion... Now I want two crowd members to wrestle on stage for this whole song... Now I'll rip a stuffed toy iguna apart and wear it on my head... all to distract you from the fact that my catalog of songs are disturbingly redundant (except for songs like "dismemberment plan gets rich", which is a gimmick inandof itself). Please Like me... wait, I'll pose for you."

Death Cab was really good though. and so was Cex.

you're stupid

spa ced
10-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong


D-Plan was fucking amazing, and Divisions of Laura Lee was great(bought their album too).

Was it just me, or was everyone and their mom at that show? So many damned scenesters....

Too bad I didn't see you there. I don't think I've seen you since the Juno/Rainer Maria show. Or was it Tortoise?

D-Plan were beyond amazing. Three songs sent chills through my body; 1) The City, 2) D-Plan Gets Rich and 3) What Do You Want Me To Say?
No band has ever made me get chills before EVER.
EVERYONE AND THEIR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS WERE THERE.
THE SCENESTERS WERE DEFINITELY OUT IN FULL FORCE.
Yeah I didn't see you.
Last time I saw you was at Tortoise.

Best Looking Boy
10-30-2002, 09:01 PM
Such angry little boys. What consistitutes a scenester anyway?

spa ced
10-30-2002, 10:34 PM
Scenesters- Make the rounds checking out the bands with the most buzz, usually don't care about the band or the music, just go for the atmosphere and to say they were there.

That's my definition anyway.

Best Looking Boy
10-30-2002, 10:37 PM
HOT

Virex_Gaze6
10-30-2002, 11:52 PM
I saw them last time they were in AZ they were great! great band to see live. I liked them better then death cab. For some reasson Death Cab almost put me to sleep.

sarmatianus
10-31-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by error
I hated them when I saw them in Toronto last Spring.
They were just one gimmick after another.
"Now I'll tell jokes from The Onion... Now I want two crowd members to wrestle on stage for this whole song... Now I'll rip a stuffed toy iguna apart and wear it on my head... all to distract you from the fact that my catalog of songs are disturbingly redundant (except for songs like "dismemberment plan gets rich", which is a gimmick inandof itself). Please Like me... wait, I'll pose for you."

Death Cab was really good though. and so was Cex.

Dude, you saw the legendary stuffed lizard show and you hated it?! Damn, that's cold.

I can't wait until my web server is ready so that I can put the video of that concert (at least the lizard part) online.

Mason R Butler
10-31-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by sp_aced
Scenesters- Make the rounds checking out the bands with the most buzz, usually don't care about the band or the music, just go for the atmosphere and to say they were there.

Wait, so if someone goes to see a band they haven't heard because it's a $5 and they're curious, does that make them a scenester? I've done that plenty of times, and I've been called that. Maybe scenester isn't a bad thing. If it's an established band, like D-plan, maybe it just means those people have good taste?

Eh, what do I care? I barely leave the house and everyone calls me a scenster.

SPheart9
10-31-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by error
I hated them when I saw them in Toronto last Spring.
They were just one gimmick after another.
"Now I'll tell jokes from The Onion... Now I want two crowd members to wrestle on stage for this whole song... Now I'll rip a stuffed toy iguna apart and wear it on my head... all to distract you from the fact that my catalog of songs are disturbingly redundant (except for songs like "dismemberment plan gets rich", which is a gimmick inandof itself). Please Like me... wait, I'll pose for you."

Death Cab was really good though. and so was Cex.



i thought cex was absolutely horrible.

error
10-31-2002, 01:16 PM
he was more fun than 'good,' i guess.

frail_and_bedazzled
10-31-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by I Hate Music



Eh, what do I care? I barely leave the house and everyone calls me a scenster.

pfft. yeah. fuck the haters

Best Looking Boy
10-31-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by I Hate Music

Wait, so if someone goes to see a band they haven't heard because it's a $5 and they're curious, does that make them a scenester? I've done that plenty of times, and I've been called that. Maybe scenester isn't a bad thing. If it's an established band, like D-plan, maybe it just means those people have good taste?

Eh, what do I care? I barely leave the house and everyone calls me a scenster. He's just jealous, give him a kiss.

Best Looking Boy
10-31-2002, 02:45 PM
http://wankery.homestead.com/files/travis1.jpg http://wankery.homestead.com/files/travis2.jpg http://wankery.homestead.com/files/travis3.jpg http://wankery.homestead.com/files/travis4.jpg

sawdust restaurants
10-31-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by error
all to distract you from the fact that my catalog of songs are disturbingly redundant ...

Death Cab was really good though

Yeah, none of Death Cab's songs sound the same at all.