View Full Version : a short topic about the 2 latest White Stripes efforts

eyesbomb
11-08-2003, 07:27 AM
ok, so Elephant is the best, most solid and most complete White Stripes album; it's better than White Blood Cells by at least 1.5 or 2 points and still someone points WBC as the best one 'cause of the "coolness" of preferring the old albums of a band compared to their more recent efforts

is this short analysis of mine is right ?

patrick
11-08-2003, 07:37 AM
de stijl, my friend. de stijl.

patrick
11-08-2003, 07:37 AM
but between white blood cels and elephant, elephant by far

NewFreshness
11-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by eyesbomb
ok, so Elephant is the best, most solid and most complete White Stripes album; it's better than White Blood Cells by at least 1.5 or 2 points and still someone points WBC as the best one 'cause of the "coolness" of preferring the old albums of a band compared to their more recent efforts

is this short analysis of mine is right ?

Elephant is ass. "Let's add bass so that a mass-market can take our music but we'll disguise this sell-out pandering as something we're doing to be 'ironic'." They've lost the quirky lyrics. They made a 70s bombast record and lost all their twee. Wasn't the original point of it to be a balls out blues twee band? Now they're just a rock group.

NewFreshness
11-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower

I just can't believe this post. You are a complete idiot. Stop posting on this board, you're lowering my opinion of Ryan Patrick. He doesn't like Elephant either, but at least he has reasons besides this complete nonsense.

Really? I lowered my regard for your tastes a long time ago. And I don't think Ryan takes your word for gold (or any precious metal for that matter) at all. But it's not my fault that you have a shitty taste in music, man. So don't be yelling at me.

Where does Elephant get quirky at? Meg's song is cool enough, and I can't help but rock out to Black Math, but Seven Nation Army is still good though I can't listen to it anymore. But seriously There's No Home For You Here is a re-hash that hides behind a pretty fun recording technique, I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself is crap, I Want to be the Boy to Warm Your Mother's Heart is ok, so is You've Got Her In Your Pocket, Ball and Biscuit is the worst song Jack's made, Hardest Button to Button is boring, Little Acorns is ok, Hypnotize is expected, The Air Near My Fingers is cool, Girl You Have No Faith In Medicine and True That We Love One Another both blow goats (the latter really, the former is just below average).

I give Elephant about a 7.5, I listen to it sorta often and I don't hate it. But in a thread where you must compare back to s/t, De Stijl, and even WBC, Elephant is ASS.

Starchildren
11-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by NewFreshness

Ball and Biscuit is the worst song Jack's made,

http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon11.gif

NewFreshness
11-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Oh come on, that song has no reason to do what it does.

EDIT: And this explains the 70s bombast (I don't mean Journey Foreigner and shit like that, but Zeppelin type stuff) thing. Most songs on this album are just an excuse for Jack to wank like some Page rip-off for 25 seconds at a time.

NewFreshness
11-08-2003, 03:59 PM

I just can't believe this post. You are a complete idiot. Stop posting on this board, you're lowering my opinion of Ryan Patrick. He doesn't like Elephant either, but at least he has reasons besides this complete nonsense.

And doesn't this all go back to one of my first posts?

"mustlovepitchfork"?

What a douche.

french_rap_sucks
11-08-2003, 05:29 PM
just in case this hasn't been overtly stated yet; there was no bass on elephant. it was a six-string guitar.
anyway, i like elephant better. white blood cells was alright, but a lot of the songs were very miss. the only problem with elephant was that a couple of the songs sounded just like songs off of white blood cells.

mono
11-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by french_rap_sucks
just in case this hasn't been overtly stated yet; there was no bass on elephant. it was a six-string guitar.

Guitars usually have six strings...

sickbadthing
11-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by mono

Not the 12 string ones.

NewFreshness
11-08-2003, 05:53 PM

It has nothing to do with your taste, it's just that you're a dumbass. All your posts suck.

I already know what he thinks of my taste, he said it sucks in another thread. It's just that to me, he's looking bad by association.

You serve no purpose here, go away.

"
And doesn't this all go back to one of my first posts?

"mustlovepitchfork"?

What a douche."

Oh really? Wasn't pitchfork the publication that bashed Elephant? Moron.

I even say that I think Elephant is good yet you still attempt to make me appear as if I hate it.

And this is just the post I was looking for because if I've noticed one thing about you Sean Casey is that you use music as part of your ego. No one should get THAT PISSED about music or even a disagreement.

I've come to my conclusions about Elephant, and you've come to your's--but my god, why do you care?

Way to be, guy, way to be.

Edit: And outside of music, my posts suck? Your posts are generally just a third-rate version of much wittier people.

french_rap_sucks
11-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by mono

seven string guitars
12 string guitars

also, basses are usually refered to as bass guitars when they are electric. so, there you have it.

sledge
11-08-2003, 07:13 PM
It's ok. I prefer De Stijl.

oclaftap
11-08-2003, 08:21 PM
de stijl.

NewFreshness
11-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Sean Casey, you gobbled that bait like you'd gobble chocolate, fatty. I was seeing if I could get more than a three post rise out of someone. Honestly, I din't think it would be anyone with a name for themselves at Netphoria, but my god, you're a fish. You even posted twice for my original piece of BSing. Anyway, you win Biggest Tool of the Month, which will come with a picture of you with you new titles pasted on it. Then I'll put it in my sig.

I laugh at you, and Ryan thinks this was pretty funny too.

Seriously though, I think Elephant is on par with WBC and most of the first album and some of De Stijl. It's not that it's bad, it's just that the trick is getting kinda old.