View Full Version : offer of sexual favours to any US resident who tapes "Clone Wars" for me on CN

Ugly
11-06-2003, 06:25 PM
ok, this is pathetic and I'm rating this topic 1 star on my own, but seriously, yeah, hot sex for anyone who tapes the "star wars: clone wars" shorts on the cartoon network and sends me a tape.

Ugly
11-06-2003, 06:43 PM
http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/img/schedule/top.gif
http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/img/schedule/calendar.gif

pale blue eyes
11-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Why can't you tape it?

Ugly
11-06-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Phreak
Why can't you tape it?

not airing in Canada. So much rage. Its honestly airing everywhere else on the friggin planet but not here.

Enzed
11-06-2003, 10:36 PM
muppets will ruin it.

TheJoker
11-06-2003, 11:05 PM
i'll see what i can do man.

Nimrod's Son
11-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Tomorrow? Ok, I'll need to see what time DirectTv has this on. I don't want sex though, you'll need to come up with something better.

TheJoker
11-07-2003, 03:34 AM
minrod's doing it then

Ugly
11-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Tomorrow? Ok, I'll need to see what time DirectTv has this on. I don't want sex though, you'll need to come up with something better.

Dude if you seriously could do it that would kick ass, you're also one of the few people on here I would trust sending my addy. Its kind of a drag as in they're only 3 minutes long and on every weekday for about 3 weeks. But, yah man, I'd totally reimburse you for mailing and tape costs. As for something else aside from sexual favours. Uhhhh... want some old ST: Next Generation comics I got lying around here? Anyway, PM me if you're up for it.

Shparticus
11-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Wow, okay, I just watched the first "episode," and, seriously, what the fucking fuckityfuck? I can't even say it sucked; there wasn't enough there to initiate suckage. What a ridiculous little nothing of a venture.

That will be all.

Ugly
11-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Shparticus
Wow, okay, I just watched the first "episode," and, seriously, what the fucking fuckityfuck? I can't even say it sucked; there wasn't enough there to initiate suckage. What a ridiculous little nothing of a venture.

That will be all.

don't ruin this for me, man. take it all back. make it all better.

It'll be really short, only 3 minutes a pop but the "serial" concept is pretty funky, I think. All in all its 20 episodes that'll add to around 60 minutes total.

Shparticus
11-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ugly

don't ruin this for me, man. take it all back. make it all better.

It'll be really short, only 3 minutes a pop but the "serial" concept is pretty funky, I think. All in all its 20 episodes that'll add to around 60 minutes total.

Use that three minutes a day working out a foolproof plan to break into George Lucas's ranch, wait for him in the kitchen, and beat seven kinds of hell out of him with a stainless-steel 3-quart sauté pan whilst demanding from him your wasted time, money, and sense of youthful idealism.

Nimrod's Son
11-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Well it's a good thing that they replay it at midnight.. DirecTV shows me the east coast feed here, so I've got the VCR set to tape at 9.

Andy /
11-07-2003, 11:54 PM
Can you not wait until its DVD release? I'm sure even Canada will have that.

Nimrod's Son
11-08-2003, 01:15 AM
Super, no replay.

Ugly
11-08-2003, 02:58 AM
Super, no replay.

Its cool bro, no worries. I found a bit torrent download on www.suprnova.org Thanks for tryin though, I totally appreciate it. I'd put a bunch of hearts in my reply but that would seem really gay.

Ugly
11-08-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by AndySlash
Can you not wait until its DVD release? I'm sure even Canada will have that.

get the DVD, yes. Wait till I can get the DVD when there's star wars out there right now that I haven't seen? Hells no.

Nimrod's Son
11-08-2003, 10:32 AM
I may need you to transfer it to me, Ugly.

I reset the VCR to tape at 5pm so at least I can get the rest.. Damned stupid lying Cartoon Network.

Ugly
11-08-2003, 04:36 PM
I may need you to transfer it to me, Ugly.

I reset the VCR to tape at 5pm so at least I can get the rest.. Damned stupid lying Cartoon Network.

I can give it a shot but I'm stuck behind a firewall so it acts pretty stupid. drop me an MSN at [email protected] or AIM @ Count_Chocual and I'll see if I can get it to send. (MSN is better cuz I'm actually on there)

But if you have bit torrent it for download on http://www.suprnova.org.

Or you can watch them online at: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/

At least I think everybody else can. I can't:

--------------

<B>Clone Wars Cartoon Will Skip Canada This Year
Fri, Nov 07, 03 11:53:02 AM EST</B><I>

We have very bad news to report to Canadian Star Wars fans. The Clone Wars cartoon will not be showing in Canada this year. Also, the free video stream from CartoonNetwork.com will be <B>blocked for Canadian ISPs and servers.</B>

<B>Update:</B>
A spokesperson for Cartoon Network has confirmed that Canada's Teletoon network has purchased the rights to show the Clone Wars episodes, but they won't air until next year. As soon as we have an air date, we'll let you know.</I>

Ugly
11-08-2003, 05:05 PM
having said all that crap, god bless the man who started internet piracy cuz that means anybody with small computer skills can download and watch them.

The "Macro-series" serialized idea is pretty cool in concept. It takes a cue from the serials that Star Wars was inspired from, which is really cool. The problem is at 3 minutes the audience ends up feeling cheated. They should have just finished the whole thing and aired it as a TV movie. However I guess the bean counters realized "hey, we can sell more widgets by airing three minutes a week!" Hell Lucas originally wanted ONE minute shots but the Samuri Jack creator said make it three or else people would riot. If they were longer and serialized, it might have worked. Good idea, lousy execution. (However that did offer a nice mini-teaser: NEXT TIME - CHAPTER TWO. **two second long shot of ships going apeshit ROTJ style** It basically tells the audience "SHIT HAPPENS! BOOM BOOM!" to keep them comming back.) The format does allow for cutting out alot of bullshit and getting down to the nitty gritty. But once again, they shoulda just done the whole thing in one shot.

Format bitching aside, you're either going to love the character designs or think they're ugly and stupid looking. It animated in a blocky, thick lined style ala Samuri Jack, Powerpuff Girls and the Clerks cartoon. It took me about 20 seconds to get into it. It looks different and its an original stylized take on the designs. And it looks alot nicer than the crappy horrible attempts at "reality" that the Ewoks, Droids and Holiday Specials had.

The frame aragements are just jammed with stuff that zips by, but the opening battle in 30 seconds felt more like the original trilogy than the prequels have done in 4+ hours full length movies. Great angles and prespectives abound (check out the bombs being dropped and cut back to the guy in the cockpit and the explosion behind him, very nicely done). Also there's a nice nod to "A New Hope" when the clone fighters are being refuled thats taken directly from the original star wars movie way back from '77.

In the end its a cool and different thing to do. Chopping the thing up into three minute segments has its own benefits and drawbacks, lets see if they can keep it coherent and zippy pacing up throughout all 20 episodes. It'll still work alot better as a full length feature, eventually.

Oh yeah and if you WANT to give George Lucas 20 cucks you can download them from the Star Wars website complete with commentary tracks. But, hell, even <B>I</B> won't sink that low to mine his bottom dollar with cash.