View Full Version : () was a dissapointment...

happy peter pan
10-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Yeah, so I got Sigur Ros' () today, and I've listened to it a couple of times.... And it sounds boring, especially the latter half of the album, the "rock" songs.... *sigh*
Tori's new album is good, though...

patrick
10-24-2002, 05:06 PM
i thought it wasn't released until the 29th?

in any case, tell me more about it

i need to know

:(

happy peter pan
10-24-2002, 05:09 PM
Well, it sounds a lot like the first album... Not much progression. I dunno I might start to like it after time, but now it seems boring. I loved Agaetis Byrjun the first time I heard it, but I don't know if that means anything.
It's going on sale here tomorrow.

sawdust restaurants
10-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by happy peter pan

You realize that negates everything you said about Sigur Ros in the eyes of at least 75% of the population of this board, right?

happy peter pan
10-24-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants

You realize that negates everything you said about Sigur Ros in the eyes of at least 75% of the population of this board, right?

Uh, ok. Like I care?

Irrelevant
10-24-2002, 06:14 PM
tori sucks.

() is pretty good from what i've listened to so far.

and von is probably better than agaetis byrjun anyhow.

Tessellation
10-24-2002, 07:05 PM

Uh, ok. Like I care?

you shouldn't, too. Who gives a damn what the high and mighty assholes here think? I personally don't care for Tori's new album, but I won't hold it against you...

GlassDreams
10-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Irrelevant

Von is good, but I don't know if it's that good.

patrick
10-24-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Tessellation

you shouldn't, too. Who gives a damn what the high and mighty assholes here think? I personally don't care for Tori's new album, but I won't hold it against you... aren't you mr. inclusive. so open, so accepting. the netphoria community should model itself after you.

strange_one
10-24-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Irrelevant

() is pretty good from what i've listened to so far.

<font color=33FFFF> agreed, I've only heard about two full tracks so far but it sounds better than anything from agaetis byrjun</font>

sawdust restaurants
10-24-2002, 11:47 PM
Uh, ok. Like I care?

I was just pointing out that nobody here is going to care what you think of the new Sigur Ros.

theonemofo
10-25-2002, 01:32 AM
they should've called it (|)

smashingjj
10-25-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Tessellation

you shouldn't, too. Who gives a damn what the high and mighty assholes here think? I personally don't care for Tori's new album, but I won't hold it against you... Those who consider themselves or other posters high and mighty are pretty sad anyhow.

Nothing/everything
10-25-2002, 07:39 AM
I'm quite looking forward to the new Sigur ros album to be honest.

I'm listening to the new godspeed album right now, it's awesome

happy peter pan
10-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants

I was just pointing out that nobody here is going to care what you think of the new Sigur Ros.

Ah, like you mean the same way I don't care about anything you or Graveflower write... Now I get it.

sawdust restaurants
10-25-2002, 05:06 PM
Ah, like you mean the same way I don't care about anything you or Graveflower write... Now I get it.

Exactly!

happy peter pan
10-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower

I like Mike Patton. I also like Tori amos.

:cheers:

Swell!
:rockon:

Mr. Rhinoceros
10-27-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by theonemofo
they should've called it (|)

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Perhaps they should have gone so far as to call it (_(_)======D(_0_)</font>

Dawn2Dusk
10-28-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything

I'm listening to the new godspeed album right now, it's awesome

so, do you want to sell me a copy?? :p

Dawn2Dusk
10-28-2002, 01:16 PM

yuck :mad:

happy peter pan
10-29-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Dawn2Dusk

yuck :mad:

http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com/images/fathat214.jpg

Best Looking Boy
10-29-2002, 12:13 PM
I've only heard it once, but I like it.

French lover Sébastien
10-29-2002, 12:37 PM
I've had it for a few weeks now, just received a proper copy (it looks empty) and the more i listen to it the less i like it. there are only a couple of songs I like, the first one is really great and there are nice parts in other songs but it's really far from being as good as the two previous albums. They did not succeed in conveying all the intensity I felt when I saw them live.

GlassDreams
10-29-2002, 01:11 PM
So far, I think it's pretty good. I'm not sure how it will hold up to Agaetis Byrjun and Von in the long run though. I had all these preconceived notions of how some of these songs should sound from hearing them live so many times. I think the last two tracks sound great though.

Undone
10-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Perhaps they should have gone so far as to call it (_(_)======D(_0_)</font>

<font color="CC33CC">You made me giggle.

I listened to it half a time, and I stopped when I could have sworn up and down that the 4th or 5th song = the 1st song. I'll try again tonight.</font>